Does this suck?

mithe

Reaction score
I have a site that hosts my art portfolio and my writings.

I was wondering if any of you think I need to improve on my web design or anything at all. Thanks!

www.charliedoan.co.cc

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
well i think it would be good to spice up the index page a bit more like add some graphics or snippits of your work and some about yourself and what your currently working on.

P.S. This would be better to be posted in Review My Site

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You definitely need more text on your index page.

Why are your images so big? In Artwork->Confusion there is an image with only 670 x 923 px resolution and 3.4 MB !!!! Try adding some compression.

And yes, the font size is too small.

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Try this Javascript/ PHP combination to both manage and display your images from Dynamic Drive
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/php-photoalbum.htm - it's all cut and paste, no complex 'programming' required.

And yes, those images need converting to JPG, the smaller file size will improve the page loading time and reduce the demands on monthly site traffic.

djalam

Reaction score
I dunno why but your site was loading slow maybe downtime right now but the navigation looks good. Your Main page needs more work then "Hi ..I am an artist"

espfutbol98

Reaction score
I would also go to the domain settings and allow www. Then if you wanted to, use htaccess to redirect it back to no www instead of not being able to find the site with www.

mithe

Reaction score
I appreciate all of the advice, will get to it when I can. Thanks a lot people!