Don't let this happen to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermix

Reaction score
This is what I posted as a ticket and just want to post it here too to make sure that I can be able to download my files.

Hi I had 4 free hosting accounts since about last year to this year. As I had thought that it was okay. When I signed up, I read from the old site that I can have as many account as I can as long as it is associated/linked with a unique forum account and that the linked forum accounts should be active in the forums to prevent suspension.

Anyway I had a problem with one of the hosting account and wanted to ask for support so I went to the support chat. I posted my question and was quite honest that I have 4 accounts. Then this david who has an '&' before his name said he'd help me and asked for my cpanel name. It was quite funny when he asked me for all the other cpanel names, but I obliged that was when he told me that he will now suspend my hosting accounts for violating the tos.

So I asked why. then he dropped the bomb about not being allowed multiple accounts. I argued a bit and another user tried to support me. But when I checked the TOS it is indeed stated there.

I admit defeat and asked to let my sites live for two more days as I am away on travel and had no way to download my files. But he suspended me anyway.
In anger I went back to the chat room and said I had more accounts 3 of which were premiums and he kicked me from the support chat. I am past this now.

But I would like to save one of my accounts and download the other three.
So what I ask for now is to unsuspend my accounts for a day. due to time difference. So as to allow me to download my files and to gracefully delete three of the hosting accounts and leaving one so that I would not violate the TOS.

And I would like to inform you that Everything in x10hosting has been pleasant so far and it really hurt my impression of this great service by just one person. And just so you know if I had been able to show my boss the site I was making for the company it would have been easy for me to convince him of signing up for a premium account. But he wasn't impressed by the suspended page.

Elesarr

Reaction score
This is what I posted as a ticket and just want to post it here too to make sure that I can be able to download my files.

Hi I had 4 free hosting accounts since about last year to this year. As I had thought that it was okay. When I signed up, I read from the old site that I can have as many account as I can as long as it is associated/linked with a unique forum account and that the linked forum accounts should be active in the forums to prevent suspension.

Anyway I had a problem with one of the hosting account and wanted to ask for support so I went to the support chat. I posted my question and was quite honest that I have 4 accounts. Then this david who has an '&' before his name said he'd help me and asked for my cpanel name. It was quite funny when he asked me for all the other cpanel names, but I obliged that was when he told me that he will now suspend my hosting accounts for violating the tos.

So I asked why. then he dropped the bomb about not being allowed multiple accounts. I argued a bit and another user tried to support me. But when I checked the TOS it is indeed stated there.

I admit defeat and asked to let my sites live for two more days as I am away on travel and had no way to download my files. But he suspended me anyway.
In anger I went back to the chat room and said I had more accounts 3 of which were premiums and he kicked me from the support chat. I am past this now.

But I would like to save one of my accounts and download the other three.
So what I ask for now is to unsuspend my accounts for a day. due to time difference. So as to allow me to download my files and to gracefully delete three of the hosting accounts and leaving one so that I would not violate the TOS.

And I would like to inform you that Everything in x10hosting has been pleasant so far and it really hurt my impression of this great service by just one person. And just so you know if I had been able to show my boss the site I was making for the company it would have been easy for me to convince him of signing up for a premium account. But he wasn't impressed by the suspended page.

sadly, the rules have always been that you can only have one FREE account.

I am a bit skeptical of your claim that someone actually asked for your cPanel account name and even more skeptical that you actually gave said someone such information in a Public Chat (I am assuming that you are talking about the Community Support board.} If you are talking about the Official Support then all those people are authorized to know this information and would communicate with you via email or the ticket system. Not in a public chatroom.

As far as your boss not being impressed with x10, well it is not their fault you broke the rules; did you tell your boss that you were cheating by having 4 FREE accounts? Your poor actions do not in any way reflect the excellent services of x10. Go back and tell your boss that you were the one who made the poor impression, don't try and blame someone else for your bad judgment.

supermix

Reaction score
yada yada go on and say what you want if that is your view.

What I want is resolution. I am only asking for some admin to let me get my files and consider me gone from here.

All I ask is for a little leniency and let me get my files and I will delete my multiple account.

the keyword here is resolution. RESOLUTION.

We can go on ranting all day and not have anything done. But we could stop and think what's there to lose for me to be able to get my files?

Okay you want to delete my site yourself? then just I want to ask that you backup my file and email it to me. then delete 3 of my accounts excluding one which I want to ask you to continue to host.

Elesarr

Reaction score
yada yada go on and say what you want if that is your view.

What I want is resolution. I am only asking for some admin to let me get my files and consider me gone from here.

All I ask is for a little leniency and let me get my files and I will delete my multiple account.

the keyword here is resolution. RESOLUTION.

We can go on ranting all day and not have anything done. But we could stop and think what's there to lose for me to be able to get my files?

Okay you want to delete my site yourself? then just I want to ask that you backup my file and email it to me. then delete 3 of my accounts excluding one which I want to ask you to continue to host.

lol! I am not ranting you seem to have the issue, but only because you broke the rules.

I responded quite calm and objectively to your rather one-sided "everyone is mean to me and I did nothing wrong" post..err 2 posts one was copied and pasted.

I doubt you will get much sympathy here from anyone on these boards. :nono:

Have a great night! :wavey:

Edit:

and just to clear something up for you this is Community Support I am by no means any kind of staff ;) The staff respond in these threads only when they deem it necessary.

Last edited:

dickey

Reaction score
I never said that I didn't do anything wrong. What I posted there is that I wasn't aware, and that I was willing to compromise had that guy from the support chat been reasonable we could have resolved that problem by now. :)

I have always been helpful to people who ask for help in the programming help section of the forums. And I know if I am wrong. but not being able to compromise is another thing. My files there include my database which has a record of ip addresses who view my site, and some files that contain my brainstorming (see the storm please) and personally coded stuff.

I am asking for that. and to unsuspend one account.

:)

Elesarr

Reaction score
I never said that I didn't do anything wrong. What I posted there is that I wasn't aware, and that I was willing to compromise had that guy from the support chat been reasonable we could have resolved that problem by now. :)

I have always been helpful to people who ask for help in the programming help section of the forums. And I know if I am wrong. but not being able to compromise is another thing. My files there include my database which has a record of ip addresses who view my site, and some files that contain my brainstorming (see the storm please) and personally coded stuff.

I am asking for that. and to unsuspend one account.

seems like your "personality" changes depending on what you account you are using to post with :hsughr:

its late here in Seattle - good night and good luck! :wavey:

sybregunne

Reaction score
Is it so? Then I must be misunderstood.

I was angry I tell you and english is not my primary language and It becomes increasingly difficult to express what I really want to say. Anyway thanks for taking some steam off my top.

Have a nice night.

zen-r

Reaction score
Hey supermix, dickey, sybregunne, whoever you are.

Elesarr was only trying to provide some good advice for you.

I agree that it would be good if x10 was to let you re-open your accounts in order to let you save the data, but you can't expect it of them. So the results you get here will be all down to what you do, who you ask, & how polite you are when doing it!

The first thing is hopefully that you have learned 3 important lessons;

1) Always back-up your data to your own drive.
2) Always read the TOS - especially when they are as short & simple as X10's.
3) Always be polite to staff. They hold all the power here!

Since you said you got angry with David - I can only imagine that you have made things worse for yourself.

You did the right thing to open a Support ticket (politely), though unfortunately they have a major backlog of tickets due to the server upgrades. So it will probably be a while before they can get to your ticket, & their patience will already be thin, so you are in no way guaranteed good news!

Have you tried going into your Account Panel & clicking the unsuspend option yourself? For other types of suspension like inactivity, one can unsuspend oneself.

If you can do this, only do it for 1 of your accounts. If it works (may have to wait) then obviously back-up your data as you wish, & get the account deleted. Then move on to unsuspending the next account......and so on!

Let us know how you get on.

And as for Elsearr being up at that time of night........Tsk, Tsk. You're as bad as me! ;)

supermix

Reaction score
I'm sorry bout yesterday elesar. I am only human so I can get angry too. I believe you would be too if you were in my shoe. I was misled (It seems by my own doing by not reading the TOS clearly) to believe that I can have more than one account.

Anyway I do have backups, but I really need the statistics in my MySQL database to see if it is worth for me to go on with this project.
Edit:
zen-r:

I have tried to login to my cpanel to no avail. I tell you I was polite to David and ask him suspend later so as to allow me to delete my accounts by myself. but he couldn't wait.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
OK. Well, we're not staff here, so we can't really help you any more than we've tried already.

You'll need to stick with that Support ticket.

Good luck!

Elesarr

Reaction score
I'm sorry bout yesterday elesar. I am only human so I can get angry too. I believe you would be too if you were in my shoe. I was misled (It seems by my own doing by not reading the TOS clearly) to believe that I can have more than one account.

Anyway I do have backups, but I really need the statistics in my MySQL database to see if it is worth for me to go on with this project.
Edit:
zen-r:

I have tried to login to my cpanel to no avail. I tell you I was polite to David and ask him suspend later so as to allow me to delete my accounts by myself. but he couldn't wait.

much appreciated ;)

however to set your mind at ease I was never upset or anything by what you said. I was honestly just trying to get you to look at what the facts were and take a breath so you could calm down and maybe get the help you need, since it is really apparent that the staff have a huge dislike for people with attitudes ;)

my intentions remain the same with everyone I try to assist - step back, calm down, breath deep and approach something calmly; anger and frustration only get in the way and ultimately do not solve anything at all.

I hope you are able to get your statistics good luck with that :)

Edit:

I believe zen-r was referring to your account panel here through the forums. ON the right hand side click on Modify Account and once you log on you can see any suspension report and if you have the option to unsuspend yourself. You won't be able to log into cPanel until you try this or the staff unsuspend an account themselves for you.

Hope that helps a bit ;)

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Supermix, I've just realised that you only referred to not being able to log in to your cPanel.

Have you tried to log in to your Account Management Panel? ; http://x10hosting.com/panel.php

If you can, then see my earlier post. You may possibly be able to unsuspend yourself.

Edit : Elsearr, your later edits are making my posts which follow afterwards look meaningless!

Last edited:

Elesarr

Reaction score
Edit : Elsearr, your later edits are making my posts which follow afterwards look meaningless!

:happysad: sorry, I literally posted then clicked on edit as it dawned on me I was thinking that but hadn't actually typed it ...we must have been posting at the same time :lol:

zen-r

Reaction score
Yes, I'm always going back & editing in new stuff to a post I've just made. It's also a shame it always has to auto-merge with the last post, & one can't force it (that I know of) to make a separate post.

The only time I get away with it without causing confusion is when there isn't anyone else active in the thread.

Fast moving threads are my worst nightmare! :lol:

Last edited:

merrillmck

Reaction score
Seems like good business to give him a few days to gather his belongings and leave. It also seems like good business to let him keep one account open.

I joined X10 because they had high ratings at a free hosting review site. If they completely shut the door on this guy then he'll be an angry camper and might spread his angry story around. Enough people doing that means you don't get noobs like me who really can't tell one free hosting site from another when we're first gathering information.

Unfortunately for him, all this is happening when the staff is also stressed ...

Last edited:

dickey

Reaction score
There is no way for me to delete my own account that is the reason. So all my work is lost now. Please close this thread anyone.
Edit:
Thanks merillmck. But I don't mind I had backups of the whole site. as I do my coding in my own computer and upload via ftp. a pity I cannot retrieve the data Gathered with regards to my site.

zen-r I tried to do what you suggested but I believe the only supension you can unsuspend by yourself is when it is due to inactivity. I also tried to communicate with david but he said he cannot do anythng for me. it's like hopeless.

elesarr thanks. you did talk some sense to me yesterday.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
zen-r I tried to do what you suggested but I believe the only supension you can unsuspend by yourself is when it is due to inactivity.

There are also some other situations you can unsuspend yourself from, including high system resource usage. But I didn't know if this particular situation was one of them.

It was worth a try, anyway. :happysad:

Your only hope now, if you want to persist, is to keep your Support ticket open until they help you out. You can also ask if your accounts have actually been deleted yet (rather than just suspended) & if not, why wouldn't you be able to back-up your data?

Persistence sometimes pays off!

Elesarr

Reaction score
elesarr thanks. you did talk some sense to me yesterday.

thank you for that :)

and I am sorry about the statistics you gathered, however zen-r does have a point, it could behoove you to ask them why you can't back-up your data.

Perhaps wait a few days let things cool off then approach them again? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.