Dreamweaver remote Mysql

stsights

Reaction score
Hi.
Any one could to set a remote Mysql with dreamweaver and your site in x10hosting??
Because I set everything but my problem is that every time I receive the error that says access denied for user user@artic.x10hosting.com where user is the user name that I use in mysql.
In my sql server I use 69.162.66.106 that is the artic server

Thanks in advance

pythondev

Reaction score
most public hosting servers do not allow remote connections to mysql...

localhost will work generally, assuming your scripts are on the same server as the mysql..

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Is arctic a free server?

If so, remote connections are not allowed into SQL. You can download something like WAMP Server, and do your own local testing (it has mysql, apache, and php), but other than that, you aren't allowed to connect to x10's free server's mysql from anywhere other than localhost.

I'm not sure if this is the same on the paid servers, so... Yeah.

mxl33t

Reaction score
Yeah , right , XAMPP works good. Moreover, u can sync your site with dreamweaver using the webdisk a/c too.

As far as mysql is concerned, u can export the database to a .sql file using PHPMyadmin and upload it ( unless it is too big.)

freecrm

Reaction score
Hi.
Any one could to set a remote Mysql with dreamweaver and your site in x10hosting??
Because I set everything but my problem is that every time I receive the error that says access denied for user user@artic.x10hosting.com where user is the user name that I use in mysql.
In my sql server I use 69.162.66.106 that is the artic server

Thanks in advance

I know what you mean and I too had problems to start.

I use DW CS3 and do have a remote mysql connection. It works a bit slow but it does work for creation of recordsets etc.

Can't remember off the top of my head what the settings were but I'll get back to this when I can. (Wasn't Localhost!)

Just to check - do you have your database linked to your account yet? This is the usual stumbling block.

stsights

Reaction score
Hello.
I open this post and I find out how to connect to an external mysql, I am at artic server (a paid one) and this is what you must do to connect to mysql, I dont remember if a free server support Mysql remote.
First at your cpanel you must add the ip at the Mysql access remote.
After at Dreamweaver you must add the connection to the mysql with the following data.
In Connection Name you put the name that you want.
Mysql server you put: like example I am at artic and the ip address is 69.162.66.106 and because is an external mysql you put localhost:69.162.66.106
Username: the username of the mysql data base
Password: the pass of the username of the database.
And then you select the data base, and you done.

The trouble that I had was the localhost:69.162.66.106 parameter that I did not have, just I had the ip but no the localhost parameter before the ip.

I hope any one that had the same issue you find this post helpfull

Thank you for all the help at this post.

Last edited:

freecrm

Reaction score
I don't use IP addresses.

These are my settings:

Remote info:

Access: FTP
FTP Host: ftp.yourusername.x10hosting.com
host directory: public_html/
login: your username
password: your password

Testing Server:

Server Model: PHP MySQL
Access: FTP
Host and connection as above.

When you go to the application tab, click databases...

Give it a name
MySQL Server: Localhost
Username: accountname_database_admin_name
Password: database_admin_password
Database: accountname_databasename

You can then access your data remotely by expanding the database object.

Last edited: