Email not sending from parked domain address, but sends from @x10host address file

Status
Not open for further replies.

usn.pw

Reaction score
Hello there folks.
I have an issue and I suspect I may have set something up wrong. When I try to send email from an address like something@x10host it works fine, but when I try to send it from an address like something@usn.pw (my parked domain I've associated with my site) it says Sent Successfully, but I don't receive it in my inbox. I've tested this with gmail and hotmail and I have the same problem with both. I can receive mail fine, and I can also send email to myself (ie. from addr@usn.pw to addr@usn.pw) but not to anywhere else.
If this problem could be diagnosed and corrected that would be amazing. Thanks. Service has been 5* otherwise.

EDIT: title incorrect, should say fine* not file.

usn.pw

Reaction score
Hi,
If someone could take a look into this, that would be great.
Thanks.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the email address exist (the usn.pw one).

usn.pw

Reaction score
Does the email address exist (the usn.pw one).
Hi,
Yes; the email address is me [at] usn.pw. The problem is not with receiving email, but rather sending email from my @usn.pw address to a gmail or hotmail address. The email address definitely exists. If can send any testing emails if you want me to, if that will make diagnosing the issue easier.
Thanks.

usn.pw

Reaction score
Hi,
If someone could take another look at this that would be fantastic.
Thanks.

beautyx2

Reaction score
I can't send any e-mail from my free hosting account: it just times out, so I assumed this function was disabled on free accounts to prevent abuse by spam bots?!NoEmailSend.png

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
interesting.
some people cant send, some people cant recevie.
I am on xo1, and can send email just fine, but cannot receive emails to my x10host.com account (that I has been working for about 8 months). The error message is:
"Sending of password for user [name]@octagious.x10host.com did not succeed. Mail server mail.x10hosting.com responded: Authentication failed."
When I send an email from that account, it accepts (the same) password without issue, and delivers the email. However the reply to that sent email cannot be received. Dont know if these symptoms are part of the problem in this thread or not.

angelic7

Reaction score
I really needed to get the business e-mails working so I removed our domain names from the website I had created for her, then I put them on websites on my own free account.
There I simply redirected the http to actual site. I then made e-mail account for the boss on my free domain which is hosted on x03 and there I *can* receive AND send. Sadly the e-mail forwarder still won't work so I have to do that manually until a solution is found... would be keen to hear of other solutions... I don't really want to act as a message relay :/

angelic7

Reaction score
Any update on this? I still can't get email sent from @usn.pw to be received in my Gmail box.
Not that I know of. It just does not work reliably.. or at all even. Some e-mails did get thru when directed to gmail but none when going to live dot com. I think it is because the .EML format is regarded as a security liability these days... but it's too technical for me.
I acknowledge that this is a free services and we can't expect a lot for free, but if it does not work on the free service then it probably won't on the premium services either was how we felt about it Anyway... since we really can't afford to lose e-mails, and the boss says it's very important that business e-mail remain associated with the appropriate domain. I've had to find a different web host. May come back to this one next year if they get it working reliably. IDK yet.

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
I have had 3 different problems with email on x10hosting over the years. The first two were resolved quickly. This one has been going on for almost a month, and the support threads have all but died.
I have come to the same conclusion: dont rely on x10 email accounts.

usn.pw

Reaction score
Well after waiting patiently for nearly a month for an update on this I've gotten nowhere. This is a fairly important and lacking feature so I'm afraid I shall look somewhere else for hosting.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I believe your issue, @usn.pw, is simply that your mail is being discarded by gmail/hotmail, but I'm not sure, as I'm actually not able to find any emails from your account on the server being sent since the beginning of November.

You said you can send to non gmail/hotmail addresses.. correct?

Edit: Actually, looking over the logs again.... your email is being discarded because it's marked as spam due to your TLD. (.pw).

In our system, there is a list of blocked TLDs that are known spamming domains... .pw is on this list.

I'll see if we can lower this...

https://labs.neilhanlon.com/ss/2014-12-04_0912.png

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
@beautyx2 You issue should have been resolved over a week ago. Please let me know if you're still having these issues.

usn.pw

Reaction score
Hi,

I believe your issue, @usn.pw, is simply that your mail is being discarded by gmail/hotmail, but I'm not sure, as I'm actually not able to find any emails from your account on the server being sent since the beginning of November.

You said you can send to non gmail/hotmail addresses.. correct?

Edit: Actually, looking over the logs again.... your email is being discarded because it's marked as spam due to your TLD. (.pw).

In our system, there is a list of blocked TLDs that are known spamming domains... .pw is on this list.

If you could do that, that would be fantastic, thanks. That would also explain why email works fine from x10host but not from my own domain. Thanks for looking into it.

EDIT: Now I can't access email at all. Here's what happens if I try to create an account:
p4sMwHg.png

Here's what happens if I try to delete an existing account:
PFBoB6C.png

And I can't access existing accounts, as it just says I'm entering the wrong password every time. Has my account been deleted or something?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I have corrected the permission issue with this particular file. Are you still having issues logging in to this email account? :)

Thank you,

usn.pw

Reaction score
Hi,

I have corrected the permission issue with this particular file. Are you still having issues logging in to this email account? :)

Thank you,
The issue of logging in is now corrected, thank you very much. However, the original issue diagnosed by leafypiggy is still present.
Thanks for your time.
usn.pw

usn.pw

Reaction score
Hi,
<cut>

If this issue could be corrected that would be great - it seems you just have to remove .pw from your list of blocked domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.