Error 403

Status
Not open for further replies.

muziklan

Reaction score
Hello! When I try to edit texts in the admin panel, I see this error! What does it mean? What to do?
0_117a4a_b47b8525_S

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
A quick try would be to use cPanel to check the file in question and make sure it has permissions of 0644 and any directories are set at 0755.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
It also might be mod security... So I'll have to look.

muziklan

Reaction score
[Цитата = "descalzo, сообщение: 930266, члена: 279042"]. Быстрый попытка могла бы использовать Cpanel для проверки файла идет речь, и убедитесь, что он имеет права доступа 0644 и любые каталоги устанавливаются на 0755 [/ QUOTE]
All permissions are set correctly.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Add the following line to your .htaccess file in the root of your site:

Code:
SecFilterScanPOST Off

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm getting the same thing but with my base CSS file. I tried the .htaccess thing but it didn't work. My site is here. Could this be fixed? Thanks!
Hi TheEClub99,

The issue with your theme was not caused by mod_security, but by two other issues:

1) The themes directory and the containing directory both had permissions of 777. These are dangerously high permissions, so our server normally simply denies access for files with permissions of 777. Please remember that directories should be 755 and files should be 644.
2) In /public_html/plus/ow_static/themes, the .htaccess file in there simply contained deny from all. This was denying all access to any files within the themes folder, which would throw the 403 Forbidden error.

I've now changed the file permissions of ow_static and themes to 755, and I've also renamed the bad .htaccess file to .htaccess_old. Your theme now appears to be showing correctly.

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.