Finally featured in www.cssmania.com

kaleidoscopekorral

Reaction score
A very nice site with a clean design, easy navigation, and some fine examples of your work. I especially liked the seperate window and navigational menu when you click to enlarge examples of your porfolio work. Any chance of sharing the code for that effect?

My only criticism is that you need to talk about yourself more in your "About Me" section. After all, your site is designed to promote your work and attract prospective clients to hire you.

Regards,
kaleidoscopekorral

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Excellent design and some grate graphics.
9.5/10

There are (allays) a few things though :)

First of all I don't understand why did you arranged second navigation menu (one in the footer) vertically? I think you should change it to vertical but that's just my opinion.

Try changing the font of "Hello! I am zeus a web & graphic designer..." to same one you used for the logo (Century Gothic I suppose). It'll look much better believe me. Although there are ways of using that font no meter if visitors have it or not I suggest you use an image for that cos it's ... well ... easier.
I can't say anything else about typography cos I'm not a professional when it comes to that but I know it could me better.

... when you click to enlarge examples of your porfolio work. Any chance of sharing the code for that effect?

The effect is called highslide and it can be found here but be carefull it's only free for non-commercial use (single site license cost $29).

@alucardzelic: When we are at it I think you should add some light color border to it. Both your artwork images have black background same as your overall site background. You have to visually divide those two. I suggest a 1px solid #222 or the same border you used for thumbnails.

My only criticism is that you need to talk about yourself more in your "About Me" section. After all, your site is designed to promote your work and attract prospective clients to hire you.

I agree.

Although CHAPTCHA is good for filtering boots it's allso pain in the neck when it comes to potential clients. I suggest you add it only when you start having problems with spam. There's no need for it until then.

Last edited:

alucardzelic

Reaction score
thanks a lot for your comments and suggestions guys...

yeah the script im using is highslide ..it is very easy to customize

thanks a lot leviathon for providing the link

about the footer im trying to make it in 3 columns so i made it vertical...i am planing to add something at the middle but im not sure yet right now

about the font in my proposal tagline...thanks a lot... for the heads up..
im now using the century gothic font... if ever the user has no century gothic... i set it to inherit arial..... i was keeping that as text for seo purposes

still thinking about something to right on my about us page.. :)

thanks also for the info on the captcha...i put it there just to be sure that no spam will come in...

i have revised the layout of my portfolio page... and also added a new artwork but im still working on polishing it...

any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated....

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
First things first. I like the site you have.

I love the lightning in the homepage and the over all color and such. I would rate your site a 9.5 (Not a 10...since I know everything can be improved, and nothing is ever perfect)

I like your latest work as well...(Can you make 3d images?...possibly some things that can be input into games)Can you make your designs/work "different" by making them be animated? I am just tossing up questions, as I beleive you have potential for something else I have in mind.

Your contact me page, is basically a way for people to contact you through e-mail...well, let me say this, add yourself a legitamate address and phone number/fax number if available.

It adds security to your site...other people don't give these things, because, they may hide something, in my opinion, well you don't want that though to occur in other potential customers do you?? Well you have to sell yourself, in order to get clients, you need to be a good salespersons...to show you are good, YOU NEED to make sure, you are doing your best work, on your site, ( I like it, but say this...is it really your best work)...the site is a way to get clients, and sell yourself...so overall...NICE SITE, I like it, ...

BUT, add more to the contact me page...the about me page, should also have more...I know the site is probably still under construction, but don't quit, make it stand out, make it appealing.

You offer tons of services...that I would love to get my hands on...but thing is, the showcase...once again, I think you are just starting out...even if you did not create something for someone else, get more content on that showcase...show off some of your flash work, on your site as well.

I beleive you need a services offered page. I can only see what you are really offering when I click on about you, or contact you...

Well the only reason I would want to click on those things, is if I had a reason to. Yea please re-read that...you have to make me want to click on that...the first thing we will click on is, the services offered page, if there was one, or the showcase page. Add that services offered page, and I bet you can get yourself some more sales, since now there is more information about what you do. The more information we get, the better are you chances of us being your prospective client.

You have to sell yourself, to get prospective clients.

GOOD WORK THOUGH, I like it, but I know you can improve it, and make it your best work, as I see, with what I pointed out, it has yet to be your best.

You can do it, keep up the good work!

EDIT: Make yourself more professional... the ( ...here...here...and ...here) are not attractive and will make you look less professional, and more like an ameture. Sorry on spelling.

EDIT: Was wondering, I will give you one word, or phrase, or name, related to one of my sites.
Do you think you want to just play around and test making me a logo. I will not use it, unless I compensate you for it first.

Here are a couple different logo's I am trying to find someone to make me.
logo one.....The word is "Lagron"
It is the name of the site, and will act as a header. The color schemes you can use, are a combination of dark or lighter, green, purple,yellow,gold,black,blue,orange

logo two is....Secrets!
Color scheme is the same as above.

Logo three is....Opinion or Your Opinion,
logo four....Your Voice, Speak Your Mind
Color schemes can be the same as above...they all don't have to be in the same logo, you can choose one or 2 colors, or work with shades of 1 or whatever...

Not sure if you would like to try it, but if so. : )
Just trying to raise the amount "work" you can show on your showcase..

Lets see if you really want to have your site sent on a traffic spree. Having a link in everyone of my sites. If what you create is accepted, do you mind if I have you/your site talked about/critiqued on one of my sites.

Last edited:

epyon346

Reaction score
Site looks really great. I really like the fist with the lightning bolt, it fits the name well (obviously).

I wish that you had some more things on the site to look at though. You should just do some more things for your portfolio.

alucardzelic

Reaction score
WOW! i love this forum! thanks a lot guys

especially for your comments and suggestions John Klyne & epyon346

John thanks your suggestions are great!... i know animation on flash but i have not yet touch 3D yet but im planning to.. if i have time :)

john about the logo's yeah.. ill try to make ithem for you ...dont worry if i got free time i may gave it to you free..... :)

that is also my problem i need a lot of works to showcase in my portfolio ...

actually im planning to redesign my site... but still use a similar concept...

john i will really try to implement your suggestion ..thanks

after im done working on "FIRE" ill be working on another artwork "WATER"...

also if any of you guys want the psd on the two works ive done just email me....

im also planning to add tutorials on my site.... but this is not in my checklist right now... :)

GUYS THANKS A LOT!!!!

comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated...

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yep, the x10forum is a great place for filling out your showcase ... and I'm telling that from my own experience ;)

alucardzelic

Reaction score
yeh i really appreciate all you suggestions and comments

thanks
Edit:
hey guys just want to say that i have a new photo manipulation.."WATER"

Last edited:

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I replied in bold...

WOW! i love this forum! thanks a lot guys

especially for your comments and suggestions John Klyne & epyon346 : )

John thanks your suggestions are great!... i know animation on flash but i have not yet touch 3D yet but im planning to.. if i have time :) Take one thing at a time.

john about the logo's yeah.. ill try to make ithem for you ...dont worry if i got free time i may gave it to you free..... :) That would be nice hehe.

im also planning to add tutorials on my site.... but this is not in my checklist right now... :) Not sure if you want to make money with your knowledge, but adding tutorials to your site, makes others learn, and thus, they can take your business. ( I am a business person, and I love money)...but for now, don't spread what you do so thin, stick to a couple of things, and create a client-base.

I have seen the new work, it looks nice, I do like it, keep up the good work. Just wondering, how much time does it take you to, create a piece of work like that?

alucardzelic

Reaction score
John thanks a lot again for your suggestions...

my first reason why i created a site is to make money :)

but i just want to share my knowledge...and if others would learn ... i would feel happy that i have helped them... and also i love a good competition...

about the time frame when i make these artworks... mayba average of 5-7 hrs... but it really depends is im inspired or not...

john about the logo's i think... it will take a bit time before i can make it for you because im currently on a project right now.. but dont worry as soon as i get a free time... it will be my priority.......... :)

thanks a lot guys for your suggestions & comments....

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No rush on getting those logo's I was wondering how long it takes you to make artwork for this reason...

If it only does take 5-7 hours, to make one that nice...think about taking a couple of days to make a piece of artwork, maybe about 2 hours a day for 1 1/2 weeks. That is something huh?

Try to challenge yourself, make your artwork larger/more complex, I am wondering what you can come up with.

I put the, "try making me logo's" thing, to see how you work under pressure. Though you have no incentive to do it. I just about gave away all my credits yesterday, before first posting here.

Do you sell your artwork? Or would you like to sell what you come up with? Just wondering.

alucardzelic

Reaction score
John thanks again for your suggestion..... you really have great suggestions..

ill try to create a more larger and complex artwork ... but ill need to find an inspiration first .. :)

also the highest hurdle for me to overcome first when creating artworks... is that its very hard to find the right stock photo....

i would sell them if someone would buy them ... :)

but ... i think i still got a long way to polish up my skills.... because there are still a lot of graphic artist that create more stunning design... among them i would be called a newbie...because i just started learning this photo manipulation style a month and a half ago...

not really sure what credits are....?

about the logos .... i really appreciated the the first suggestion you gave me...
so i wanted to return back the favor by creating logos for you... :) .."there is no good deed that goes unpunished".. :)