First Proper Webby Design (x10 redesigned)

sperko

Reaction score
So I'm really into website design, and I used to get free layouts and edit them slightly (with the owners permission) and experiment around with the code and the different types of script etc etc, and only recently have I really got designing my own layout from scratch.

This is my 1st proper layout I did from scratch, other than some of the info copied like text and a few images off Google, all done in Photoshop CS3!

So yeah I decided to remake the main x10 Hosting website for the lulz. :)

It does look pretty washed out but I'm proud of it, say whatever you like, no matter what you say it will give me ideas on how to improve work in the future.

Uploaded to TinyPic..

http://i41.tinypic.com/2dkd5wl.png

Oh and I couldn't be bothered with the watermark because you can copy the idea if you like.

Tariqul Islam

Reaction score
It is not appropriate for the x10hosting home page I think. But good work. Keep working.

sperko

Reaction score
Thanks, I know it isn't very appropiate I was just putting my skills to the test, and instead of a blank template I thought I'd have a go at putting some content on the design, x10hosting was the first thing that came to mind. :)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks pretty damn good.

I would suggest removing the tri-color thing behind it.

And defining the parts more. They all look very opaque, which doesn't look very appealing.

But otherwise, great job!

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
That looks amazing.

Remove the three colour thing - it looks a bit weird.

Except from that, I love it :D

~Callum

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
opaque is the contrary of transparent.

I would suggest removing the 3 color bars and adding some white. White is great, seriously.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Develop your own 'flavour' of web design, as for the three colour bar background I say keep it!

However, do go back and tinker with the shadow effect the spread setting is to high and this makes the lettering appear washed out.

Also, long lines of text across the page can also be unpleasent to read and are not considered 'good design', you might want to take a look over at the CSS section of Dynamic Drive for base layouts. Choice of colour is also important and reams has been across the web written about colour theory and its application in web site design. White does make things easier but do not be afraid to experiment.

Had a rummage through own archives and across the web, struggled to find anything similiar to your design, though did find some three coloum layouts for inspiration. Will put them up online at Cybrax over the weekend.

sperko

Reaction score
Ok thanks! For the feedback guys. A mod can close this now if they wish, I will be making an improved version of this layout some time soon.