Free Dial Up or Broadband Internet?

muizz

Reaction score
i like broadband internet because of its speed...
but i cant afford it

so i prefer dial up coz of free of charge;)

Synkc

Reaction score
Dial-up isn't free; you get charged for the phone call.

I would do anything to get broadband; where we live atm we can't get it, or even satellite. To me having Broadband would be even more cost efficient than using dial-up; look at how much money you could be earning instead of waiting for a page to load or for something to download in dial-up's slow speed.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Having Broadband is always good, and as SYNKC said dial-up is not free, you get charged on your phone bill. It costs double as broadband, and you get unlimited downloads and uploads for a fixed price too. BTW SYNKC where is it that you don't get broadband?

BlueIce

Reaction score
Speed is the top most priority when it comes to the internet(IMO). Without speed, you couldn't do much in the internet. And I as an avid video streamer, needs fast internet speed to stream videos and play online games.

MetalDragon42

Reaction score
Broadband all the way we are big time Guild Wars players so DU would just kill us off lol, as for price all depend who your with ours costs about $29 a month for DSL soon we will be upgrading to a faster DSL with 3mb down speed for the same price I now its not as fast as some out there but for us it will do :)

Our porvider even has faster 15mb d/l but thats a bit beyond our price range lol

gwuapo2007

Reaction score
in our country i you live here. there are a lot of internet providers here and as far as my experience is concern, there is a broadband provider here that offers same value as what dial-up offers. so, i rather choose a broadband with the price o a dial-up

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Broadband, but NZ's broadband is only ADSL @ 7MB/s, but (fortunately) I live less than 2km away from our exchange. :biggrin:

Synkc

Reaction score
BTW SYNKC where is it that you don't get broadband?

I live in small town near Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia. We're only a few kilometers from the exchange, though we, and a few of our neighbors, can't get it because of how Telstra has laid down the cables.

QuwenQ

Reaction score
I have Satellite, which is awesome quick and it can stream 99% of things without any interruptions and can load things fast as a snap, but I have a bandwidth limit, and I have unfortunately exceeded it, and right now it's slower then dial-up. xD
I wouldn't even be online if it weren't for my x10 addiction.

HostingMonkey

Reaction score
I think that dialup is now simply too outdated to serve any use to anybody in the world.

With modern multimedia content, dialup is simply too slow and too cumbersome.

Last edited:

a-a-a

Reaction score
Broadband. Dial up is way to slow for me.
Especially if you're going to download something. You'll have to open the file for days D:
Broadband is expensive, but worth it.

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
I don't know how I lived using Dial-up [not to mention, AOL D:]
If Cable is too pricey for you, try DSL. Anything is better than Dial-up.

intheclutch

Reaction score
I think that dialup is now simply too outdated to serve any use to anybody in the world.

With modern multimedia content, dialup is simply too slow and too cumbersome.
I agree with that. It would be like trying to use the horse and buggy on a freeway...not going to work out so well.

I've seen some companies offer a lite version of their high speed service. It's a little slower, but costs less.

arsonistx

Reaction score
I definitely prefer broadband over dial-up any day.

I cannot stand to sit and wait for a web page to load because I am just not a patient person at all, lol.
I need the upload speeds of broadband too or it would take ages to upload my website!

Flashgear

Reaction score
When i first came onto the internet we had 56k dialup, i hated the noise it made when it started up and its constant beeping. I'm glad i have Broadband and i will not be going back to dialup!

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
How do you have free dialup? Anyway, DSL prices are going down dramatically; in a couple of years DSL will become the new "dialup" of the world.

caramia

Reaction score
I have dialup right now... It really sucks... I have had satellite, exceeded the bandwidth quite frequently... And I have had DSL, which was realy nice. But the prices of high speed internet are crazy when you are dog poor like me. :)

BlueIce

Reaction score
I was using dial-up the first time I explored the internet, and because of my experience with dial-up, I can almost sync with it's sound. :biggrin: