Free Dial Up or Broadband Internet?

mattspec

Reaction score
i could not live with anything below a 3mb line, im afraid my 8mb line isnt fast enough :( haha, i so could never go back to dialup simply wouldnt happen for me

bigmanbfa2

Reaction score
I've had dial-up, satellite, DSL, and cable.
Cable is the fastest and IMHO the best choice for service.
DSL is just expensive. =) it doesnt even compare against cable's speed.
satellite is a good choice if you REALLY have to have fast internet out in the middle of nowhere. it's expensive and is about 3/4 the speed of DSL.

z_killemall

Reaction score
I have a really crappy and expensive DSL connection (US$20 monthly for a 256 kbps connection is an insult), but it's he best I can afford. In my job we have satellite and it's way more expensive (almost US$60 per month) for the same connection!
I hate my local Internet providers so much...

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I pay $40 AU a month for 512/128k connection in Australia, with a 5GB download limit.... =/ I don't even have access to ADSL2+ on my exchange....

mattspec

Reaction score
hughesnet and clearwire are ridiculous (satellite providers) its decent for downloading, but uploading, you might as well be on dialup, very expensive not worth the price if you have anything else available.

if youre in the market, i would definitely consult dslreports.com about the service in your area, very reliable source, i used it when looking for an isp (not that there was much choice where i live here in southern ontario)

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Broadband for the world! Dial-up, pfft! Forget it! It's a pain to even connect to, as it ties up your phone line, but yet, you can at least get dial-up wherever there is a phone line, but try downloading the full Version of Half-Life 2 from Steam or a demo of Crysis on dial-up :p

Broadband, more work done, outweighs the cost of dial-up big time (if your local ISPs are cheap), are in most areas, whether cable, DSL, Fiber, T1-T3, Wireless, Satellite, etc.

And to go with what mattspec said, check out www.dslreports.com. There, you can find your local broadband providers, their prices, and reviews from people near you (if the posted anything there). That site also help with tech support, especially with DSL, and gives you the latest news on broadband. If for some reason the above link doesn't work, you can use this same link that will take you to the same site: www.broadbandreports.com

danger9918

Reaction score
dialup for free ?? it says you live in malaysia.. anyways here broadband and dialup are nearly the same price...

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh, the TISP... that's a classic! A member on my forum posted that a LONG time ago in the spam forum for April Fools :p

Archkronos

Reaction score
I have Satellite, which is awesome quick and it can stream 99% of things without any interruptions and can load things fast as a snap, but I have a bandwidth limit, and I have unfortunately exceeded it, and right now it's slower then dial-up. xD
I wouldn't even be online if it weren't for my x10 addiction.

HAR, QUOTA's.

Sky ADSL broadband - fast, reliable, £10, free Sky Wireless Router (Netgear GT SOMETHINGORTHEOTHER), 16mbps.

Perfect for me, keeps to the 16mbps, too.

Drakotsu

Reaction score
I prefer broadband any day :)
I have High-Speed broadband express (x2 speed)

Dial up is slow, costly, and doesnt allow you to do much. Broadband allows much in a quick ammount of time and not too expensive.

Im on Wireless highspeed broadband and the router isnt so close so my connection is arround 10 mbps a second. Its still very fast.
Also, if I go on my office rooms PC and use the internet there (room were router is) i would get , at minimum, 140 mbps a second :)

i-cat

Reaction score
There is such a thing as free dial -up service, as i used it......10 years ago. I didn't think people would even think of connecting via dial-up now days. My vote goes for High Speed via a T1 connection