Free Dial Up or Broadband Internet?

eyelet4u2

Reaction score
I love my broadband and would hate like crazy to have to go back to dialup.

Jigzo

Reaction score
How did u get free dial up? i was just wondering

Sohail

Reaction score
Who said dial-up was free!? You have to pay for the phone call you know. I prefer broadband because the price seems fair enough to me and you don't have to wait for it to connect to the internet all the time because you can keep your computer on all the time and also because it's fast and I don't know about how it is where you live but i have to pay a monthly fee for it so it is definitely worth it. I used to have dial-up and i swear I am never eve going to go back to it since it's horrible :(

NSChan

Reaction score
Broadband anyday, its so much more cost effective with the time i sepend oniline, it also helps for the downloading i do ;)
but i know people who use dial up through choice so i guess it isnt dieing out yet!

StevoP

Reaction score
What about cable internet? I don't see it being mentioned, is it not available in your countries? In my opinion cable beats dial-up and broadband, it costs about $35/month and it is well worth it.

ryoko126

Reaction score
I live in a REALLY small town and they are just now getting high speed here. Whether I can afford it or not is another matter though.

I wish satellite internet wasn't so expensive. It's like at least $60 a month here.

reichiru

Reaction score
Gotta love my ADSL. We used to have dial-up, but that was years ago. My computer's loads faster than most people's now, but that kinda balanced out cuz we use it so much.

Dazz

Reaction score
Wow I did'nt know anybody still used dial up LOL, I did years ago but one day when things were going particularly slow, my modem had a intimate meeting with the wall:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I now use 2Mb ADSL not the fastest I know but what a difference to dial up.

And just to note that nothing is ever really free LOL - just my opinion.

toloratedmeat

Reaction score
This means im so lucky! They are relocating the Optus Broadband Exchange across the road from my house and my speeds are mega. Downloading Windows Vista RC1 the speed was 9mbps

DRWolfe

Reaction score
Broadband without a doubt. It's especially nice when you have a choice of service providers. Unfortunately for me, I live in a small town (actually it's my small town and the three other small towns around it) where there is one single internet, phone, and cable TV provider. They have a monopoly on those services in these three towns and there is nothing anyone can do about it. People have tried and nothing came of it. Still, it works well enough, but competition might help moderate the prices a bit...

ziggyx2003

Reaction score
Broadband all the way thank you.

I have noticed recently that some isp's (australia) are now offering "free broadband" with their phone bundles.....

and then in amazingly small print at the very bottom of the screen it says you have a 150meg download limit. Well it may be free but not really worth having.

brochos

Reaction score
I find that Dial-Up is okay, as long as you aren't doing anything "big" (like downloading, or going on sites that have tons of images/videos, etc.)
If it's just emails and standard browsing, I really couldn't care less; Dialup is just fine. But anything past that stage... only broadband.

As far as pricing is concerned: Unless you have free dialup (which I just happen to have), there is barely a difference between dial-up and broadband connection cost.

Last edited:

mr kennedy

Reaction score
As brochos said, Dial up is good when you don't have the budget for a BB line and good if you're only looking to view mails of saome webpages but other than that, it won't be any good.

As for BB, If you have big downloading habits like mine, you should get yourself an unlimited BB line(the one that charges fixed p/month) but if you don't have the habits and only want to get a BB line for an economy price, You should get yourself a capped BB line ;)

Wrestlesomnia

Reaction score
Broadband by far, i didn't know people still used dial up, tis slow and painful in my opinion. DSL is faster and easier to work with so why go through the boring and long process of dial up? Unless you cant afford it of course.

agaitu

Banned
Reaction score
As the others said dial up is not free here they will charge for pulse and fixed rate for hour i prefer broadband because of its speed but here it is not available so i use gprs
Edit:
As the others said dial up is not free here they will charge for pulse and fixed rate for hour i prefer broadband because of its speed but here it is not available so i use gprs

Last edited:

Killa619

Reaction score
Actually dial-up is more expensive in my country than broadband. they charge $0.75 per hour so if you are on 24/7 then obviously it would cost more than the monthly fee of $79 broadband