Free Domain(Read This)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I have just went through the registration again using the link in this thread and it seems to work fine for me.

I've attached a screen shot of what my shopping cart looks like. They automatically add that $9 addition, just remove it and your total should become $0.

Attachments

• register.JPG
    register.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 175

andmcg1

Reaction score
Now it seems to be working. I don't know why it didn't the first time...

If you check out the screenshot, it didn't say "FREE" at all. I just assumed it would be discounted at the end or something.

I did nothing differently this time around. They'd better refund me or I'll tell my bank I didn't authorise this transaction. I'm not pay US$35 for a .com domain name!

Thanks for the clarification Corey

exobux

Reaction score
Thank you, I registered and I changed the nameservers but they are still showing the register.com's search page :) "popovi.net" On the other sites changes takes effect after 2 hours and here more than 2 days :lol:

Ozzapoo

Reaction score
Does it matter if we put a fake address/phone in? Because I don't want to reveal my address to anyone :(
And will you get charged at all? (I'm in australia)

Last edited:

exobux

Reaction score
I dont know about the address but yes they do charge you $1. It says that you'll get it back but I registered 2 days ago and still didn't received nothing and I can't change dns servers :)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The $1 charge is just an authorization to make sure the card is real, it will come off after a few days depending on your card company\bank.

DNS changes(name servers) can take 24-72 hours.

rmolumby

Reaction score
I used by bank card.
I used the account maintenance to disable the auto renew and the site is already up and running.
Thank you VERY much!

Rich

nlester

Reaction score
Did you ever find out the answer to this question? this would be helpful to know.

grndrums

Reaction score
It's down. Register's live help told me it's not valid anymore....I was able to get one yesterday, that's it for me.!!! Anymore links !?!?! PLease send

-JFS

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Register's livehelp doesn't know what they are talking about. They also said this is only valid for one person =P

I just went through the sign-up process to the end again and my shopping cart is showing $0 for the domain I put in.

-Corey

andmcg1

Reaction score
All these damn people that don't know how to use this scam properly :p

ssdtanay

Reaction score
This is the best. I can sign up a domain right now.
Thnaks for giving me the info with the working link.

soulhunter

Reaction score
After a few tries, i noticed that they use the cookies to track you so you don´t register more than one domain (i believe). I clean my cookies, history and cache and i can now access to the FREE domain.

Ozzapoo

Reaction score
So if I'm in australia it will only charge me $1? Because I plan to use my brother's credit card, and if it charges any more then I'm rather dead :(

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It authorizes $1. That means it puts a hold on $1 to make sure the card you use is real. It doesn't actually charge a $1 though. The $1 will show as 'pending' but will be returned to your account within a few days.

-Corey

dcoates

Reaction score
I created mine last night with paypal and no money in account got an email saying it was unfulfilled then I just got am email a few minutes ago that was from register.com aysing they appoligize and it has been registered so I got my new domain name now http://stillphotomemories.ca

everything was taken care of by register.com.

So it still works but I'd say if you don't have credit card like me they will accept paypal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.