Free Domain(Read This)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It is illegal for them to NOT allow you to transfer it.

They might make you jump through a few hoops but they have to let you.

-Corey

multipass

Reaction score
well, seems it to be cool... great work corey. but what i will tell is i dont have a credit card.

rhb101

Reaction score
Ok can someone give a success story if s/he got any free domain without cost and how? I everyone here seem to be talking in different directions.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I know of a bunch of people who got the free domain. Just becareful going through check out, they do try to add stuff into your cart. Make sure you remove it all before you get to check out. At check out just READ over everything in your cart and make sure it's NOT going to charge you. They do a $1 temporary authorization, this will show up on your credit card for about 3 days then come off. They do this to make sure the card is real.

-Corey

T

themasterrocker

Yeah, mine worked. Free, i took the $9 off and the rest was free i was like XD

Thanks Corey!!

ranjeet

Reaction score
I have got one for free I tried to purchase 2nd but no luck my CC is blocked to have 2nd domain for freee

T

themasterrocker

It's not bad, you have to click the right option of Free Domain. Instead of domain and hosting.

zen-r

Reaction score
60 days has to elapse before they let you transfer your new domain to another registrar.

It's been more than 4 months since Corey first posted this great tip, so many of the members here who were first to register a domain are now eligible to transfer. :dancingna

Has anyone tried to transfer yet, & how easy did they find it? Any tips on how best to do this for the other members here?

Whilst you have a whole year before the free period ends, it is probably advisable to transfer early before you forget & get caught out by their high renewal fees. Many other, cheaper registrars will allow you to transfer the domain to them along with any period remaining of your free year -their new yearly fee will simply add an extra year to the period you already have remaining. Also I have heard that (at least for here in the UK, but probably also for elsewhere) the fees by registrars for .com & .org etc are due to rise in the autumn. And by paying now, you get it at the current rates before the prices go up.

Personally I have found these registrars to provide a good value & reliable service with excellent customer support (I'm not affiliated to them in any way!) - www.daily.co.uk/products/offers.html

And, of course, don't forget to redirect to x10 for your webhosting! :biggrin:

Last edited:

terakoh

Reaction score
Hi ranjeet, how are you going to migrate your domain? Do you think we can just contact the other domain provider and ask them if they are able to transfer the domain?

exemption

Reaction score
Yea..A credit card is needed in which I don't have...
This would be nice though! >.<

madhouse

Reaction score
why dont u go to www.co.cc register your domain name free some you do after pay for but for example im using www.madhous3.co.cc and that was free. then when you have logged in simply put your dns settings in with 24 hours the domain is setup. im with a host that charge $2.99 a month but the first month is free and you get 100gb webspace {lovely} well all my stats are underneath hehe :) i welcome everyone to join mysite if you want to i think you will after you have a look.

StatsWeb Space 25 MB of 100000 MB
Bandwidth 12 of 200000 MB
Mail Boxes 1 of unlimited
Web Server web226
Mail Server mail.madhous3.co.cc
Databases 1 of unlimited
Subdomains 1 of unlimited

Last edited:

idontknow95129

Reaction score
why dont u go to www.co.cc register your domain name free some you do after pay for but for example im using www.madhous3.co.cc and that was free. then when you have logged in simply put your dns settings in with 24 hours the domain is setup. im with a host that charge $2.99 a month but the first month is free and you get 100gb webspace {lovely} well all my stats are underneath hehe :) i welcome everyone to join mysite if you want to i think you will after you have a look.

StatsWeb Space 25 MB of 100000 MB
Bandwidth 12 of 200000 MB
Mail Boxes 1 of unlimited
Web Server web226
Mail Server mail.madhous3.co.cc
Databases 1 of unlimited
Subdomains 1 of unlimited

Haha... You ripped off Demonoid's "Games" icon. Aside from that, what if we don't have a credit card? =/

Status
Not open for further replies.