Free Hosting Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We have figured out the cause of the issues on the web servers. What was supposed to be a seamless upgrade to new & faster hardware ended up turning into quite the nightmare due to some unforeseen and undocumented incompatibilities with some newer kernels, hyper threading, and i7 hardware.

We are currently on our 3rd hardware swap which should be completed shortly. Once done we have some minor setup to do. Once complete the web servers will be moved over and everything should be working normal again, if anything faster than before.

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, due to our unique distributed free hosting setup it is not easy to get support when we run into issues like this. We had the COO and DC manager where our servers are located working with us all last night along with calling in favors from every sysadmin we know. What it came down to was changing one setting at a time and testing on multiple different hardware setups to locate the cause of this issue. Unfortunately all this testing caused a 'yoyo' affect for the web servers going up and down, mostly due to the fact we could not properly test each change without putting it live.

Right now we have all web traffic going to an under powered system while the new servers are setup so things still may remain slow, however should be online. I will make any further updates directly in this first post instead of replying at the end of the thread so it is easier to find information.

UPDATE
The web servers should now be back online as usual. If you are receiving the default cgi-sys page error please clear your cache, temp files, and possibly restart your browser. That file gets cached in the browser and is hard to get rid of sometimes. Please do not request support in this thread for anything other than what would be related to your website loading.

Last edited:

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Well I'm glad you all figured things out! Can't wait til things are back to normal again (I'm hoping the errors I'm getting will be fixed), but I'm not in a rush anyways. Thanks x10 for all the work put into this and keeping us updated with what's going on :D

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.
You're doing a great job. :)

rafael100011

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thanks for the update!
I hope everything will work again rapidly ;)
I hope the problem with "cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi" will be solved

Last edited:

rafael100011

Prime Account
Reaction score
Do you still have the problem with "cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi" ?
Will it be solve?

rafael100011

Prime Account
Reaction score
If you are receiving the default cgi-sys page error please clear your cache, temp files, and possibly restart your browser. That file gets cached in the browser and is hard to get rid of sometimes. Please do not request support in this thread for anything other than what would be related to your website loading.
This problem is too bad ! I will lost members in my forum because of this page error !
You can't resolve the issue directly on the server?

I tried this :

sansre111.jpg

But it doesn't work !

Why?

Last edited:

ka22bo68

Reaction score
My Starka site loads ok for now and fast.
Thank you to all the x10 team and their relentless efforts to put the server back online.

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Ok, so my script still isn't working. It was working perfectly before the updates (haven't changed anything since), and tbh, I'm not that great with scripts. No idea what's going on, but if anyone is good with understanding error messages...

http://www.collaborativearts.tk/community/

EDIT: I got it to work ^_^ I just changed the file permissions for some files, though I wonder why it was working before. Well, as long as it works now.. :D

EDIT2: Welp, there's still some other parts aren't working. I think moving servers might have reset all the file permissions for me. Well, that's not too hard to fix :p

Last edited:

ddik.99

Reaction score
Sorry still a problem that is affecting my site. The time and date are incorrect. They can hit the server time? (Without the right date can not get my site online.)

Thanks you

chomel

Reaction score
Hi my Modifyed domain name is still Pending for a few days.. Help pls...

Im Using Chopin.

Last edited:

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Everything is working fine again, except that all the pages load a lot slower than it did before (I'm on the Boru server). I used a speed test software (http://www.vertain.com/?sst) and got an average of "7.34 sec" compared to when it was around 2-3 secs before. Maybe there's just more traffic on other sites on the server today, hopefully.

Also,
Hi my Modifyed domain name is still Pending for a few days.. Help pls...
Not sure we're supposed to post about that ITT, but I think they're just busy with all the server migration recently. My domain change request has also been pending for a while.

Last edited:

wc3garage82

Reaction score
stoli is still having problems :( poor little stoli

more affected is the mysql 'cause i can't visit it and my forum is showing all members in the online list lolololol

but, its time again to grab a glass of water

thanks again for the update!

rafael100011

Prime Account
Reaction score
Yes, Stoli still having problems, actually it's :

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, no-reply@x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

sanjoeg68

Reaction score
I am getting "Coming Soon! Nothing to show. No image to show here or they are set to show in future!" when i try to access my site. Logging into the site as admin, and to image-stats i see this 'Monthly Image Stats for May 2010'. why is this happening?

when logged in, i go to my browse link, there are no images shown. my site is hosted in Boru server. I hope this is fixed soon. thanks

jim7777

Reaction score
i think that's a server problem.. wew

Current time: 05-29-2010, 08:16 AM
pls fix server time lalalala really weird

nice update, keep those coming!

Last edited:

citechforum37

Reaction score
UPDATE
The web servers should now be back online as usual.
Does it mean that the free hosting is now running on new hardware? I mean, the migration is complete & all the other problems are solved?

Thanks for the wonderful service you guys are offering! :D

@People with "cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi" problem,
Even I had this problem. I solved it(with stpvoice help) by clearing my browser cache, clearing my TEMP(temp & %Temp%) folders & then restarting my browser.
I suggest you use CCleaner(http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) or similar softwares to clear your temp & browser cache.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.