FrontPage or Dreamweaver

• FrontPage

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Dreamweaver

Votes: 85 89.5%

• Total voters

trubt65

Reaction score
Notepad and IE were all that were needed, back then. I tried Frontpage and got irritated with the wasted space spent/sent during page access, but that was dial up days...lol. Highspeed connection changed that, but I still run across some sites that load as if using dial up. I moved up from note pad to Textpad from IE to Firefox.

When getting back involved with web materials, I didn't even give frontpage a 2nd thought I went straight to Dreamweaver (besides it has a good name)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
FrontPage for starters/n00bs, DreamWeavers and notepad for pros :)

toshibaproject

Reaction score
I have used both Expression Web(frontpage) and dreamweaver, and If you are creating a flash-enabled website, dreamweaver provides much better integration with Flash

timw4mail

Reaction score
I wouldn't touch Frontpage because it's html markup is like vomit. A true web designer, at least to me, can actually do it themselves, with a plain text editor. Not that it isn't nice to have Dreamweaver for the text highlighting, however prohibitively expensive it may be.

satheesh

Reaction score
My vote for Dreamweaver.
because it has more features and easy to work.

Darasen

Reaction score
...no avoiding not learning your language of choice (face it folks, drag-and-drop is NOT web design).

At the risk of being argumentative I am going to have to disagree completely with this sentence of your post. Coding is not design, far from it. So many web pages look like crap or the same from templates because the term "designer" in the web context has come to mean programmer. Knowing how to program something does not make one a designer. (I blame Flash)

My experience is that most who label themselves as a 'web designer' know absolutely nothing about layout. Dreamweaver was initially created to let real designers do what they do and design with out caring about code. Your large companies often have an actual graphic designer layout a web site and programmers code it.

Hazirak

Reaction score
My preference is towards Dreamweaver, mostly for the colors. Makes it a hundred times easier for me to find things. It's also nice to be able to work directly on the server, even if isn't always the smartest choice in the world. There's also a bunch of other small things I like about it that I won't bother listing, or I might be sitting here for a while.

TheBes7

Reaction score
I choose DreamWeaver.. :) I use this program about 2 years and I dont have any problems with him.

Penguin129

Reaction score
Neither. gedit supplies my need for pretty colours. :D With pink strings! Bwuhauhauha! But on Windows, I'd have to say DreamWeaver because of the pretty colours and it can search with regular expressions (before I found that, I ended up making a php script for all the regular expression stuff I did >.<).

rlodge

Reaction score
I have used Frontpage and didn't like it. Used Dreamweaver for a while but my friend moved so I had to look for something cheaper.

I was using Nvu until I got a really weird problem with some kind of memory leak. Minimized it used about 2 megs. Open I could watch it jump to over 200 megs! Someone here mentioned Kompozer so I checked it out. Funny that Kompozer and Nvu look almost identical but I haven't had that weird hang ups with memory use.

curt15

Reaction score
Notepad++ I would use Dreamweaver, except it costs a load for something that I can already do. I find it far more satisfying making something using hard code after making the layout in Photoshop. We used Frontpage once in school, after experimenting using Notepad and then word, to get an idea of different coding ways. I found frontpage over complicated things, and we used it, it was table based, so everything went wrong.

Personally, Notepad++ is the one for me, along with previewing it in firefox. I find it quicker, than trying to get dreamweaver to drop the element were I want it.

Delight

Reaction score
i think the best paid choice is dreamweaver, i told a friend to avoid frontpage, because it just mess the html with <--IF's> n' stuff, plus it uses microsoft propietary methods that just work with IE.

chewett

Reaction score
common is this a stupid question

99% will say dream weaver hands down