Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Dreamweaver

Votes: 85 89.5%

• Total voters

roopak

Reaction score
Hi
I am not a pro web page designer,
both frontpage and dreamweaver is so difficuilt for me. I use a small simple easy to use software, the web page maker 2.5.

scummerz

Reaction score
i chose frountpage because it is the only one i've used and it has a decent price. but better then both of these is UltraEdit32, it is like notepad but it has a lot more features and easierto use.

Silverspoon

Reaction score
I used to use Frontpage, but the added garbage code and "auto correction" drove me insane. I use dreamweaver for a visual layout and prepping my CSS sheets. Then it's all text editors from there...

b0bv1la

Reaction score
I am a newbie and I use frontpage because I got it free with my laptop and I find it easy to use but Im also still learning. I have some limited knowledge of html but I like to learn new stuff if I get more into this it sounds like Dreamweaver is the way I would lean to make mor professional lookin sites.

Calipe

Reaction score
Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 is far superior from Microsoft FrontPage. But if you want to be in total control of your website, I suggest you start coding it by hand. The good thing about Dreamweaver is that it does not add extra coding to your website.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I use Dreamweaver. I like the interface and the many useful features.

kkenny

Reaction score
Dreamweaver is the best program for professionals that make websites. It can manage style sheets and save as XML, XHTML, and HTML, and many other things that Front Page can't do. Frontpage 2007 HAS to be bought in a bundle with Microsoft Office products (not sure, I don't use microsoft anymore) but I'm sure dreamweaver can be bought by itself. If you can afford the program, it really will make a difference in your website.

Calipe

Reaction score
Microsoft changed FrontPage to what is now known as Expression Web.

otherside

Reaction score
I've been using blue voda, and like more than both frontpage and dreamweaver, on top of that its free.

jstine35

Reaction score
Dreamweaver by far! I, too, learned via hand coding and teaching myself. It did not take long to realize how awful Front Page was/is!

Jennifer

Stormscape

Reaction score
Combination of Dreamweaver and EditPlus2. Really depends on what I'm doing. I use Dreamweaver when I want to be lazy and see results right away, EditPlus2 when I just want to do a few quick edits.

paul.sijpkes

Reaction score
Kompozer is great. I use gPHPEdit and Kompozer, great combo on Ubuntu Gutsy! Dreamweaver still rocks for large projects though, especially when collaborating. Frontpage I would not touch wearing a full boiler suit with a ten foot pole!

davidrs

Reaction score
Agree with paul.sijpkes (who I know in real life, he's my VET Multimedia teacher at school), Dreamweaver is definitely the better of the two. I have been known to use standard Notepad for a full website, however... at the age of 8 I hard-coded a website in Notepad about pandas as a school project.

As for Frontpage, I leave you with this.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
omg who uses frontpage??? :eek4:

Dreamweaver, TextPad++, or plain pico in ssh

Last edited:

Mekryd

Reaction score
Raw text editors all the way! WYSIWYG editors just add layers of bad coding onto it, and if you're not using WYSIWYG on those programs, you might as well be hand coding. Besides, the renderers for those things usually screw the pooch with W3 conventions...

FalseHope

Reaction score
I have most recently bought DreamWeaver 8 and it is A-mazing! I love it. Although I have never used frontpage, I see people talking about it. So, I am going to have to go with DreamWeaver here.