[Game Programming] Highlander

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, this might seem random but i was tonight watching Highlander - End Game.

I was thinking it's a really great movie, and it would be an absolute AWESOME storyline for a game, and i was wondering what peoples idea's would be on this.

I really don't have the skills to make an online game that complex, but i would be more than willing to learn if i could get a team big enough together to be able to make such a great game, this would be a HUGE step in time.

We would need an enormous team, something the size of Blizzard even.

Something massive, lots of programmers etc.

But i would really love to make a Game based on the movie.

Who thinks it's possible?

Right now i will start listing people that believe it's possible and wish to contribute to the game if the idea goes ahead, i will write your names down, just post your name and all that here, if you have msn or any other contactable things... email addresses etc, even if you PM me your private information.

I will list it all, if it goes ahead i will contact everyone, even if you don't have the correct skills to make a game like that. We could still get you down, you may not be a programmer, but there are many more positions available and also, you could still learn the required skills to program the game.

I have probably missed out a lot of important information that i wanted to write here, but ask questions if you think i missed some details etc.

Like i said, if you wish to go on the list of possible creators of this game if it goes ahead, post it here, post what skills you have etc... and maybe another way to contact you other than x10hosting.

Kind Regards, HeLLshEEp.

marshian

Reaction score
I have no idea what you're thinking about, you're talking of an online game, do you mean something like a text-based game, or a stand-alone couple of gigs sized game?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I am thinking of a couple more than a couple of gigs. Something HUGE.

Based on the movie Highlander - End Game.

A full on 3d MMORPG.

marshian

Reaction score
I don't think you'll be able to find a lot of people here that are able to program that kind of stuff, and even if you could find a team, you'll need a LOT of time before you actually have something playable...

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback, that's why i am posting, to see if i can get a large enough team together, even though it may take a long time, it would be well worth it.

marshian

Reaction score
Actually I might want to help, but I don't know any C++ or so, just basic Java... (And no, I really don't have time to learn that kind of advanced stuff...)
But I could help with a site... (php, mysql, css, html) And that's something all games need :p

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, i will write your name down on the list, we need help with everything so every little skill works.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay, i now have you two both on the list.

We need a lot more users than that so hopefully we can get some more in the future, if you know any friends that would like this kind of stuff, then let me know and they can go on it.

jay1648

Reaction score
I would also like to be involved in this. I have a knowledge of C# and Java(Core) and currently learning ASP.NET. contact me at jay1648@gmail.com

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Added you to the staff list, will have a site up with a details list on how things are going. It shouldn't take to long, i will post back here with the site link once its done.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
ill join your awesome team of awesomeness!

I know java and am learning Visual Basic, Basic, and C :D

hanlon.neil@gmail.com

how abouts a RsC base source to work off of...or even a Rs2 source code.

RsC = Runescape Clasic
Rs2 = Runescape 2

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
ill make a template for the site.

Summary of HighLander:

Born in the Highlands of Scotland in 1518, Connor Macleod is immortal. When he is wounded in battle but does not die, he is banished from his village. He meets another like himself, Ramirez, who teaches him swordsmanship--the only way to kill another immortal is to take his head--and the ways of the immortals. Modern-day New York is the location of "The Gathering," where Connor and the few remaining immortals must battle to the last for "The Prize." Written by Jeff Hansen {jmh@umich.edu}

After centuries of dueling to survive against others like him, an immortal Scottish swordsman faces his final opponent: a bloodthirsty barbarian who has chased him across time to 1985 New York City, where they fight for the Prize: the spiritual ability to know everything. Written by famouscasey

Connor Macleod was born in 1518 in the Highlands of Scotland. In 1536, after facing a mysterious, evil opponent, he survives a fatal stab wound and is banished from his village, for they believe his survival is the work of the Devil. Five years later, Macleod is met by Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez, a swordsman who teaches Macleod the awful truth; he is immortal, one of a race of many who can only die when the head is cut from the body. When one immortal takes the head of another, the loser's power is absorbed into the winner. Ramirez teaches Macleod the ways of the sword, until Ramirez is tragically killed by Connor's ultimate opponent, the evil Kurgan, a murderous immortal brute who lusts for the ultimate power of the immortals, "The Prize"; enough power to rule the earth forever. Connor fights his way through the centuries, until the time of the Gathering, when the few immortals who have survived the endless battles come together to fight until only one remains, and that winner will receive The Prize. The time: 1985. The place: New York City. The final fight is about to begin, and in the end, there can be only one

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
lol. nice. neither have I. :D ima torrent it.. :D *hide*

:naughty:

Last edited:
T

themasterrocker

it sounds cool, but idk what ill be able to contribute into (im crap at programming tbh and im crap wiv bits of HTML but i know enough) depends if you want me to do the webpage up for it if you create it and go ahead i just wouldn't be able to help with programming atm althou its something i want to do in life So yeah you can count me in. ill pm you my msn address.
btw, I havent seen Highlander the movie and i've never heard of it so i can't help wiv levels and pictures so to speak unless you give me the data and stuff or the movie :D i'll help in some department im sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

konekt

Reaction score
I'll help if this thing goes through. I'm a comp. sci. major and know C* (*= any C will do, may need to review some), JAVA, PHP, JS (AJAX capable), and MYSQL.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
lol. we will definetly need at least java and sql. ima start making a list of people/things we need.