Get non-free software for free

lhyman

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you guys know that there is a site that give out non-free software for free and it's perfectly legit, no offers to do, no spam, no signing up, totally free

here is the URL:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

(it appears to be down right now, try again in a few min.)

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
(it appears to be down right now, try again in a few min.)

Hmm... it's a shame they can't give themselves a good totally free hosting service! ;)

Last edited:

coeurduozz

Reaction score
It`s a nice website :lockd:.... I could get any software that i want withow viruses, spam or other piece of sh..... Goog aportation.... See you

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Great idea. I wonder if it'll become more popular.

zen-r

Reaction score
Now it's back up, the site looks quite promising.

Unfortunately, I didn't see any software I really need right now. Or any, in fact, that I'd even heard of.

I had a quick glance through their About page, but didn't really get how they make their money.

Do you think they are after our email addresses, or is there some other catch?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
This sites been around for a long time and I have never entered my e-mail address.

malfist

Reaction score
You can always check out www.bugmenot.com, they have logins for a lot of sites so you don't have to give them your e-mail or a password. And you can always use 10minutemail.com to create a temporary email account.

Elesarr

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip to this site! just picked up a nice image watermarking software :)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I've seen this site. It's interesting on what may show up from time to time. Many of the things they give away aren't of much use to me, but I'd love to see some CUDA video transcoding/video making software show up someday.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I when over the list of past programs, and none of then catch my eye... anyways, for the freeware part of the site, I prefer to download directly from the official website, or cnet.

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
they have good stuff, just nothing I need now! But I am looking for a good hurricane tracking program if anyone knows one?
Thanks!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
they have good stuff, just nothing I need now! But I am looking for a good hurricane tracking program if anyone knows one?
Thanks!

I believe there are websites out there that have images that will track hurricanes. If there isn't anything that is out there that is free, you could perhaps install Firefox with ReloadEvery and reload the website with the image on it should the image not auto-reload.