Getting Good In Photoshop?

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm really interested in Web design but I can't seem to make any good designs. Do you have any tips for Photoshop or Gimp? I use both.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll have to take a look at it soon :).

syrius

Reaction score
theres a website called 'adobe tv' look it up on google, it contains video tutorials on all things adobe including phothsop, dreamweaver, illustrator etc. it's very handy if you're just starting out ^_^

toloratedmeat

Reaction score
If you have the genuine Photoshop, the web graphic guide is Disc Two, Episode 22. In this episode, he also explains transparency wonderfully. You really should've watched all the tutorials first.

mjserv

Reaction score
lynda.com pick up a book called "Photoshop CS4 for the Web"

Courses include the same project files that the instructors use, so you can follow along at your own pace. lynda.com tutorials are great for visual learners and people who like to learn by doing.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
http://www.worth1000.com/

Is definitely worth a look for inspiration as well as tutorials and some useful tools.

Though perhaps of more interest to yourself are the 'corperate' competitions, normally logo design requests from real busuness that are free to enter and have a cash payout. It is a good way of seeing how your work compares with that of others in the same field as members will critique your work.

azilla

Reaction score
i learned my webdesign via Good-tutorials.com.. mostly and googled alot. try good-tutorials.com tho