Giving 20,000 credits for the best website design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
My top 4 so far are, favourite first: Dannad500, Vigge_sWe, sohailamir52, scorch94.

But it is VERY CLOSE

Dannad500s is completely finnished, sohailamir52 or scorch94 could very easily become favourite if they do the improvements I have suggested. (sohailamir52 still hasn't added any content so I can see what it will look like once pictures ect. are added)

vigge_sWe: yours could also take the lead with small changes, just try different colors and stuff.

Dan

Reaction score
Yay, he likes mine best so far!! Vigge_sWe, sohail and scorch - please don't do what he suggested!! I want to win...

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yay, he likes mine best so far!! Vigge_sWe, sohail and scorch - please don't do what he suggested!! I want to win...

Lol
Edit:
Does the template be in HTML or can it have PHP in it?

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Yes it can have PHP, my hosting account has intermediate PHP upgrade already so it should work. I can't read PHP though so you will have to add notes.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes it can have PHP, my hosting account has intermediate PHP upgrade already so it should work. I can't read PHP though so you will have to add notes.

Ok.
Edit:
Ignore my template for now, I messed with php...

Last edited:

ChrisP

Reaction score
My top 4 so far are, favourite first: Dannad500, Vigge_sWe, sohailamir52, scorch94.

But it is VERY CLOSE

Dannad500s is completely finnished, sohailamir52 or scorch94 could very easily become favourite if they do the improvements I have suggested. (sohailamir52 still hasn't added any content so I can see what it will look like once pictures ect. are added)

vigge_sWe: yours could also take the lead with small changes, just try different colors and stuff.

So what are the chances that my design will win?:dunno:
I really don't want to keep working on it if I have little to no chance.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok now the stylechangers work. I make it a bit nicer tomorrow since it's getting late (22.30 pm)

bigjoe4

Reaction score
ChrisP: it's your choice, what you have done is very good, just not quite as good as the others. You are welcome to start again of course, but you are the designer not me, so it's your decision whether you want to try to improve the site or give up. Why not look at the other leading entries and see whether you think you can do better or not.
+ That add at the bottom ruins the look of the site btw.

ChrisP

Reaction score
Ok i've done a lot of work for the night. What do you think?

Newest things:
- Short-term sessions for remembering which Scheme
- All (but Grey-scale) Schemes have been re-done according to color. The font now changes color along with the page, and the colors are not very neon bright. (I personally like the Type-black one right now.)
- New Page: Designs. There is a description where they normally are; and an image in the Section Label. If you hover over it, you should see a full-size version of it.

Also, I don't know if you've noticed it, but I haven't used one bit of Javascript. That means that this page should work for almost any browser, Javascript enabled or not. (Some - older - browsers might have issues with the hovering feature I use for the navigation and imaging, though.)

http://home.thundercodes.com/Competition/?page=home

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
ChrisP: I think it needs to be more interresting, maybe add a background or something, also for colour, rather than having the color scheme selector, you should find one good color scheme and stick wit that. This page could help: google answers
Edit:
vigge_sWe; the grey looks horrible! lol
+ I have sent you a PM

Last edited:

ChrisP

Reaction score
I'm only using that selector so I don't have to keep changing the stylesheet.

And there is a background. There is the right-bound dual color vertical lines; and the computer chip.

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
ChrisP, OK, technically it has a background, but I meant like a background behind the computer chip. Basically I don't like the style, I like the navigation and the image-overs (although the section labels are way to small) but what I don't like is the actual site. It needs to look cool, which compared to the others it just doesn't.

Also the site displays differently in different web browsers.

Basically I don't think your site will win without a massive redesign, so you may aswell give up so you don't waste any more of your time. (or start again from scratch)

Joe

Last edited:

ChrisP

Reaction score
ChrisP, OK, technically it has a background, but I meant like a background behind the computer chip. Basically I don't like the style, I like the navigation and the image-overs (although the section labels are way to small) but what I don't like is the actual site. It needs to look cool, which compared to the others it just doesn't.

Also the site displays differently in different web browsers.

Basically I don't think your site will win without a massive redesign, so you may aswell give up so you don't waste any more of your time. (or start again from scratch)

Joe

Well I'm truly sorry but I don't do horrid neon colors, or image-based navigation. It looks terribly ugly and is very un-professional. I can understand that you don't like very light colors but the professional stylists in the world would NOT put extremely dark colors as a background of text and use neon colors to make text stand out. Users should not have to squeeze their eyes so that they can read something.

I truly hope that whichever template you choose, your customers like it because I haven't looked at any of the other websites posted, and been able to read the text clearly - without looking very hard.

Dont critisize me any more than you do others. I didn't say anything about it, but a few of my ideas have been implemented in others websites, in another manner.

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
hmm i might try make you a design.

Remember i dont do anything like Flash, Neons or things glowing. And the website will be Valid xHTML and CSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.