Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueIce

Reaction score
Thanks for the effort. At least we know that there is a progress.

Daiphron

Reaction score
Hi,

I am pretty new here and not very experienced with web publishing, hosting, etc. I have been following this thread but much of it is a bit technical so I don't quite understand it. All I know is that I can't open my website. I get a SSL login page. I assume that's due to the issues that are currently being worked on. Is that correct? And if it is, will my site function again after the accounts have been copied to the backup server or will it only function again after the accounts have been copied back to the local server? (Did I even get that right? Accounts are being copied to backup servers and then copied back to local servers?)

Thanks

longley

Reaction score
Hi,

I am pretty new here and not very experienced with web publishing, hosting, etc. I have been following this thread but much of it is a bit technical so I don't quite understand it. All I know is that I can't open my website. I get a SSL login page. I assume that's due to the issues that are currently being worked on. Is that correct? And if it is, will my site function again after the accounts have been copied to the backup server or will it only function again after the accounts have been copied back to the local server? (Did I even get that right? Accounts are being copied to backup servers and then copied back to local servers?)

Thanks

I am new here too but get most of this, Yes after they are all done with the current server(The one your account is on, because you can't access it) then you should be able to get everything done. By what i can see and estimate..This server should be done by at least Wednesday. But the soonest should be tomorrow, Tuesday night. You did get that right, They had problems with the original plans and so everything is messed up currently. We all just have to wait it out.

eN0ch

Reaction score
Many many thanks for explaining all that. I'm glad it's not me having to do it ..

One newbie comment that might explain at least some of the feedback from some people: To a non-geek like me, some of the tech language on here is like a bedtime story in Russian. I've been noting the posts about "SQL issues" etc, but had no idea that this had anything to do with my issue which is not being able to login to my account panel. I had another totally different issue a while ago which I could identify as SQL stuff, but this one's something else. Am I making sense?

So not wanting to defend some remarks that don't deserve defending, but for some of us at least I suspect it's more techno-ignorance than rudeness. Hope that helps. Keep up the fantastic work you guys do for us who pay nothing.

swapcool

Reaction score
Thanks you very much Corey and all the staff of x10hosting. We appricate all the hardwork you guys are putting.

sonu27

Reaction score
My database is back.

But my account is no longer linked to my forum account.

Please fix.

Thanks

SilentDragoon

Reaction score
Do not post support requests here, I will not answer them. Legitimate questions are okay to ask.

My database is back.

But my account is no longer linked to my forum account.

Please fix.

Thanks

If it's caused by the maintenance, it'll repair itself once everything is done. Just wait it out. If it isn't fixed, start your own support thread in the appropriate area (i.e. not here :) )

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll also update the main post with this but for the people who only read the last post =P

The order of processing is
Absolut
Stoli
Cossacks

We are run extreme maintenance on both Stoli and Cossacks to prepare them for the move. We're getting rid of every inactive account so we do not have to copy them over(There are thousands). Once that is done(Should be done today) I will bring Apache and MySQL back up on both servers so they should work until we start the copy process from them.

I am making a final backup of the whole hard drive on Absolut right now just in case any accounts did not copy correctly. Once this backup is done we will format.

-Corey

max1x

Reaction score
Since, I'm on of those who looks at the last post (as I assume it's the most current :)), I appreciate you posting an update. Thx for all ur help in making this happen.

alid1712

Reaction score
my sites is on Cossacks, so thankx for your time and effort Corey.. really appreciated :biggrin:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Just re-read my post and I wasn't very clear, Cossacks sites will be back up today sometime after maintenance finishes. It will stay up until we start work on the server. Although it will be up we will not provide standard support until we are all done with moving the servers around.

-Corey

sanrck

Reaction score
I got mine fixed :)))) !!!

You guys are the BEST !!! You can't even imagine what are you doing for us... THANKS A LOOOOT !

Good for you. In what server are you??? If you're Absolute, why mine isn't working???

Brokenfor

Reaction score
Do you know what time the cossacks will be back up at? and when it goes down again how long will that be for?

Thanks

sonu27

Reaction score
Just a question...

My database went offline for the maintainance, but came back online today. And many members joined my forum today. Will it be backed up?

rlodge

Reaction score
I'll also update the main post with this but for the people who only read the last post =P

Guilty........Thanks for the update. It was my first shock of seeing my site down. Keep up the great work.:biggthump

sanrck

Reaction score
I tried to enter my site and there're no archives in it!!!! :eek4:everything desapeared:dunno:. I'm in absolut server, that's normal right now? Are you going to give my files back?

nunoabc

Reaction score
Not guilty. :biggrin:

I always read the news and the edits. But never mind... I came here to ask the staff why I can't login in cPanel and I can't access through FTP to my website. I've got to make an update since i re-wrote my whole website, and my friends would love to see it, since I've already told them that it was very cool. Good job Corey and staff. Really cool web hosting, this is my very first time that I have my web pages hosted in a web hosting company, and I tell ya that it's going smoothly. Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.