Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

guccci

Reaction score
Thank you for finding the problem and trying to fix it.
I know that this takes alot of time and perserverance, but it is taking some time.
Im not rushing you, because you still have to correct loads of hosted sites.
But things have been going pretty slow and my site is now locked :nuts: Im not positive if this is part of the process, but it's taking quite sometime and my site has been down for almost 3 days.

Im not trying to rush you of scream my head off, but Im just wondering on the progress and how it's coming along.
Edit:
My site shows ssl explorer I need to enter a user name, what user name do i enter and whats is this all about? Is my site mysql database restored Corey?Are you done testing on my site? Can you help get it running again?

Ahhh Helppp lol

http://yahoo-haterz.com

Thanks Manson

Mine is doing the exact same thing.
http://jaybear.x10hosting.com

Please inform me if this is happeneing to other sites, for I want to know if everything is going the way planned.

Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
x10 Hosting,
Thanks for all the effort you're putting into getting this mess straightened out, I'm sure everybody who uses x10 as their hosting provider are surprised by the sheer amount of effort x10's staff, particularly its owner, put into keeping the service up. Well, most of the community anyway.

People like guccci above, stop complaining about the amount of downtime. Corey and the team are working their butts of trying to repair the issue, and all you can do is whine! All the free servers have to be formatted, have an OS re-installed, have the mail software software installed, the web serving software installed, cPanel, and all the rest, the list goes on.

Just give the guys a break, they're all doing the best and you should be grateful for the astounding service you get from a free hosting provider, you won't see this much dedication in any other free host. Or at least I've used about 8 free hosts and read about 50 or 60 free hosts, none of them were half as good as x10.

--Luke

Epikk

Reaction score
that's right, just give the guys some time. it's better that they take 3 weeks to set up everything as it should be than take just 3 days and after a month there will be problems again.

I'm a little upset too that my site is down, I just started a board and there are many things that still need to be done until I open it but I know that it's better to just wait.
like I said, if we push them to do things quickly the possibility that they will make mistakes is much higher than if they take their time and check everything twice.

just keep it up guys, you're doing a great job :)

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
I've a question, Do we have then to change in our CMS the mysql.x10hosting.com to localhost again?

Thanks

MetalDragon42

Reaction score
To Corey & the X10 Staff, thanks for keeping us up to date and for all the hard work and Money you put into keeping x10 alive I know that many other Free servers would have just thrown the towel in by now with the amount of server problems and how ungrateful some members are with there constant complaining about a "Free" server, but those of us who know just what it takes to run a host and on top of that a free host thank you for your efforts we would rather have 2 weeks of on and off down time to get every thing spot on working then unlike some other hosts (even paid ones) that just don't care.

So again we thank you, keep up the good work and know there are some of us who know what you are going through and support you in all you efforts :)

MD

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Not even a single format for us too? O.õ
Maybe could be nice to ciroc and skyy as well.

That's a first, someone wants their site to go down.. :biggrin:

To the others, as stated before. Keep this clean and on topic. Seriously, you don't need to post here if someone else has said the same thing, or even close to the same thing. We know what's going on, and honestly we won't provide any more updates because you ask for them, you'll get them when corey has time to give them. He's busy.. If you'd like, I guess he could stop doing what he's doing every 10 or so minutes to tell you how it's going, but then it'll get even slower. Thanks for being a part of x10, and it's fixing to get a whole lot better, once this is done.

guccci

Reaction score
x10 Hosting,
Thanks for all the effort you're putting into getting this mess straightened out, I'm sure everybody who uses x10 as their hosting provider are surprised by the sheer amount of effort x10's staff, particularly its owner, put into keeping the service up. Well, most of the community anyway.

People like guccci above, stop complaining about the amount of downtime. Corey and the team are working their butts of trying to repair the issue, and all you can do is whine! All the free servers have to be formatted, have an OS re-installed, have the mail software software installed, the web serving software installed, cPanel, and all the rest, the list goes on.

Just give the guys a break, they're all doing the best and you should be grateful for the astounding service you get from a free hosting provider, you won't see this much dedication in any other free host. Or at least I've used about 8 free hosts and read about 50 or 60 free hosts, none of them were half as good as x10.

--Luke

Sorry for my ignorance as well as my complaints. I am a very impatient person, as you can probably already see.
Please forgive my foolishness. Im still totally supporting Corey and everyone for taking their time to do this. I know it's stressful, becuase alot of people are counting on you.
Once again, I am sorry that my ignorance has brought offended some people towards that fact that Corey is a great person(though I dont know him personally, you pretty much get the point)

goliath

Reaction score
I got mine fixed :)))) !!!

You guys are the BEST !!! You can't even imagine what are you doing for us... THANKS A LOOOOT !

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
I know Stoli is probably going down for transfer soon, but I can't log in to cPanel. My site is up, although my username and password simply isn't working. No ads, no nothing.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated the thread. Not much exciting today besides more transfers.

DizzyTech PM me.

The easy way would have been to wipe all the servers out and say you guys are on your own for backups, this would have taken 5 or so hours. We decided that having extended downtime and having an admin babysit the servers 24/7 throughout the backups and everything would be the better choice for you. All I can say is please be patient, we're working on it 24/7 until it's done. There is a grand total of 16,000 accounts that we have to back up and move around. We're going as fast as we possibly can.

Please remember to check the first post in this thread for updates. I will be editing it as I made new changes and find out new information.

Corey

longley

Reaction score
200 Accounts left as of 11:55PM(-5GMT)(1-7-07)

We will be reformatting Absolut in the morning, securing and optimizing it then copying all the accounts back. The next server to go through upgrades will be Stoli.

WOW they finally get some sleep, they have been working hard on this, Thanks!

simonrichards150

Reaction score
forgive me, im new and i dont know how many servers there are.

When will cossacks be done? After stoli? Are there 3 free servers or more? I kinda have an idea that theres 3...

Anyone shed some light?

Last edited:

MrJames

Reaction score
200 accounts left. I bet thats like the light at the end of the tunnel for you Corey. :p

Thank you very much Corey, your hard word is appreciated!

skeets

Reaction score
Here's hoping it doesn't take as long to copy the accounts back on to the servers and it did to copy them on to the backups. If so, my poor Cossacks site will be down for another week or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.