Google builds an empire to rival Microsoft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
I Think "Google XP" is a good idea. Microsoft does not make good operating systems. Windows is not good at all. Internet Explorer crashes ALL the TIME. Everything brakes on it and every thing else. I know it aint me because my friends have the same problems. I use linux and think Google should come out with a version of linux. I think that would be alot of good. I would downlad it if its free and buy it if its not!

two4one

Reaction score
sentient1080 said:
dont look now, but google has just made google base
its a classified ad system, like ebay's 'buy it now' feature
they're really going to take over the world o.o

i hope they already succeeded in esablishing a good base.. so now they are trying for space.... "Google earth" very nice product

Matthews255

Reaction score
Earth is better than the original NASA Worldwind that i used to use.

The search is 100's times bettter.

But as for Windows Vista, its alot better in instaling. Just slam the disk in and go. No more annoying setting changes. Just leave it for 45mins ish and its done.

TheSolarFire

Reaction score
Well, XP was a major advance in OS systems. Now vista, they just haven't made even more flashy-looking than XP, which was flashified as well, they are now Re-Writing the whole thing, and including more functionality, and a version to suit each individual/business.

mattspec

Reaction score
i cant wait for googlenet free broadband, thats going to be awsome...my isp is a bandwidth scrooge...2gb/mth

swirly

Reaction score
I am getting kinda tired of microsoft myself.... i think that they should take a little break and then come back with some fresh ideas. google is really amounting to something these days, i mean every kid at says google when they hear they have to search for something. and when i say windows to one of my friends, i know that the first thing that pops into thier head is the windows logo, not the name... i think that microsoft is personally starting to lose its touch in the software industry with computers, i mean they are trying to make windows so user friendly that they leave gaping holes in security! dont get me wrong, bill gates have revolutionised they way computers work, but i think that they just need to get some fresh ideas and go back to the drawing board and then put out a product that every one really needs...

humphrey

Reaction score
i dont know...i mean, googles got a big market here (in stocks, google is $300 a share compared to $40 for the average company!)
However, i think microsoft will still try to compete

ridz16

Reaction score
Guys, it's a possiblity that google will take over microsoft when it comes to search engines which it already has. But to tell yall the truth, by looking at the ratios it's 3:1, microsoft is just big, google can't beat it with just a search engine.

When it comes to operating system linux already beat windows because of much more secured and we, the webmaster know for a fact that linux servers are better than windows right?

As far as browsers are concerned, there goes firefox (or mozilla) coming out of nowhere kicking Internet Explorer a$$. Because it has better features, and again more security in it.

As for webmaster applications Dreamweaver beats Microsoft Frontpage, and if y'all have use both software before, for sure Dreamweaver is a lot better.

So see... Microsoft can't just go down with one company. One after another will come up with a better solution. I know there are other programs that I may not have mention, but all of those have to combine to beat Microsoft Operating System is all I'm trying to point out.

Last edited:

oscar.j4l

Reaction score
ridz16 said:
Guys, it's a possiblity that google will take over microsoft when it comes to search engines which it already has. But to tell yall the truth, by looking at the ratios it's 3:1, microsoft is just big, google can't beat it with just a search engine.

When it comes to operating system linux already beat windows because of much more secured and we, the webmaster know for a fact that linux servers are better than windows right?

As far as browsers are concerned, there goes firefox (or mozilla) coming out of nowhere kicking Internet Explorer a$$. Because it has better features, and again more security in it.

As for webmaster applications Dreamweaver beats Microsoft Frontpage, and if y'all have use both software before, for sure Dreamweaver is a lot better.

So see... Microsoft can't just go down with one company. One after another will come up with a better solution. I know there are other programs that I may not have mention, but all of those have to combine to beat Microsoft Operating System is all I'm trying to point out.

Yeah, but what you are not thinking of is that those aplications combined cost less than the Windows Operating System it self, but yet some of those company's like the Mozilla Foundation are making money out Free software, unlike microsoft, who try's to sell everything that i makes. :D

Anyways, wasent there a rumor that there was going to be a Google OS?

Aroonxors

Reaction score
I highly doubt that there will be a Google OS anytime soon. It just takes to much time and work as long as other things google would have to do.

oscar.j4l

Reaction score
Aroonxors said:
I highly doubt that there will be a Google OS anytime soon. It just takes to much time and work as long as other things google would have to do.

Yeah.... but google has alot of Programmers working for them... so I mean they could be working on it on their spare time.... but i don't know!!!! :liar:

Rising

Reaction score
if google becomes a threat, microsoft will simply buy them out... btw, microsoft couldnt buy AOL, because AOL is owned by Time Warner and Time Warner owns a ****load of companies, wait i got that backwards AOL bought out time warner or w.e correct me pls

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
ridz16 said:

Remember, with more security, the limit of possibilities gets smaller. So therefore your statement saying FireFox has more features and security... WRONG. It may have security (by default on) but it doesn't nearly have the options and possibilities of IE. IE is not secure to YOU because it's noobs like you that don't know how to configure it.

And to whoever said they should make the kernal more dynamic... ROFL AT YOU IN THE FACE... Windows already has enough features and flexibility in it to WHOOP LINUX's ASS! So, we can't expect it's already high hardware demands to quadrouple by making the kernal dynamic. You want better protection on Windows? Same thing as above, it's noobs like you that don't know WTF they are doing and how to secure it. Then you all go whine and complain then get Linux because it comes already secured. So, gg have fun with your **** Linux operating systems because you simply do not know how to use Windows if you think the case is simply that it is not secure. And please don't reply to this post because I will not answer your waste of time.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Rising said:
if google becomes a threat, microsoft will simply buy them out... btw, microsoft couldnt buy AOL, because AOL is owned by Time Warner and Time Warner owns a ****load of companies, wait i got that backwards AOL bought out time warner or w.e correct me pls

Microsoft is almost the richest industry out there. They can buy anyone so don't think AOL is safe.

moose

Reaction score
I guess we can all agree that Microsoft needs to work on their products, until its actually FINISHED.

Look Windows XP, there was soo much hype, it came out, yes, the interface is beautiful, a lot more features, but what's this thing that popped up and rebooted my computer, and disfunctioned the whole PC? They didn't work hard enough to work on security features.

And another good example, is their new Xbox360. What a shame..

Rising

Reaction score
yeah, but AOL will always be AOL, no matter who owns it, true?
your right Aol isn't safe, and to correct you, Microsoft is the richest industry, no one can even compete with them in the long run, because all Bill Gates does, is find new ways to make money...
also your right about IE, ive been using IE for a long time, and it is sooo much better than Firefox... personally i wont even touch firefox, because IE is much much more flexible, and as with the Linux, i believe windows is alot better, it offers you so much more than what Linux does, i personally believe that Webhosts should be Linux though, because everything runs faster (Less RAM Useage, but of course you could probably set windows to run like that, not XP though 128 MB Of RAM)

--Edit--
your right is a damn shame on what they did with the 360, you cant play regular xbox games on it... (BOLONGA!) and with the ps3 coming out, 39.99 Game price tag, but the system is more expensive, but look at how much stuff you get with the ps3 than the 360, personally, i think the 360 was just put their as a sad excuse to compete with sony, in the end the PS3, just as the PS2 will dominate the console market, no offence to Nintendo either, but they did a scrappy job with the Revelution, its not as good as the other systems, but its something Different, lower priced, and you can still play your old gamecube games on it, but still, i think they should've done more with it.

Last edited:
B

Brandon

It is correct!
[whois.markmonitor.com]
MarkMonitor.com - The Leader in Corporate Domain Management
----------------------------------------------------------
For Global Domain Consolidation, Research & Intelligence,
and Enterprise DNS, go to: www.markmonitor.com

The Data in MarkMonitor.com's WHOIS database is provided by MarkMonitor.com
for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining information
about or related to a domain name registration record. MarkMonitor.com
does not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree
that you will use this Data only for lawful purposes and that, under no
circumstances will you use this Data to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise
support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or
solicitations via e-mail (spam); or (2) enable high volume, automated,
electronic processes that apply to MarkMonitor.com (or its systems).
MarkMonitor.com reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.
By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Registrant:
Google Inc. (DOM-1278108)
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View CA 94043 US

Domain Name: gbrowser.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.markmonitor.com

Administrative Contact:
DNS Admin (NIC-1467103) Google Inc.
dns-admin@google.com +1.6502530000 Fax- +1.6506188571
Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
DNS Admin (NIC-1467103) Google Inc.
dns-admin@google.com +1.6502530000 Fax- +1.6506188571

Created on..............: 2004-Apr-26.
Expires on..............: 2006-Apr-26.
Record last updated on..: 2005-Nov-09 15:09:25.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.ALLDOMAINS.COM
NS2.ALLDOMAINS.COM

MarkMonitor.com - The Leader in Corporate Domain Management
For Global Domain Consolidation, Research & Intelligence,
and Enterprise DNS, go to: www.markmonitor.com

Status
Not open for further replies.