Google builds an empire to rival Microsoft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomize

Reaction score
Well this seems to be a very large and popular topic.

Here is my oppinnion:

I don't think that Google can over take Microsoft. Microsoft is the largest company on the tech market.Also their gmail is nt that good.

Secondly, I think that Windows Vista is going to be one of the best they have released yet. (apart from Windows 2000)

But we shall wait and see. :facesjump

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
randomize said:
Well this seems to be a very large and popular topic.

Here is my oppinnion:

I don't think that Google can over take Microsoft. Microsoft is the largest company on the tech market.Also their gmail is nt that good.

Secondly, I think that Windows Vista is going to be one of the best they have released yet. (apart from Windows 2000)

But we shall wait and see. :facesjump

Way to re-open a topic after 2 months of no posting has gone by...I even posted here before I left for a bit. Maybe read the date next time?

And by the way, gmail is the BEST free mass email site. Windows XP is way more secure and powerful than 2000, I have no idea why people think they should still use that piece of ****. And Vista doesn't come out to the end of 2007.

_Dayu

Reaction score
It's more clear indications that the end of the glory days of Microsoft is getting very near.
The linux users population is growing bigger and bigger, and googles are in partnership with hardware firms
to let their software be a default to their hardwares.

blackroselove

Reaction score
Windows sux!! Linux rules for standerd programs and if you want to play games run a double layed system as linux and windows.. The ultimate couple unbeatable just need to know what your doing to do this combo

simpson733

Reaction score
i believe google probably will not be creating a OS by themselves. They will probably be partnering up with other big companies for example sun or maybe apple, with the release of boot camp who would want windows when u can load both apple OS or Windows OS. Obviously i believe that microsoft will probably dominate Sony because of falling stock prices and will probably go into the gaming realm instead of computers while jus leaving apple and google to dominate the computer world.

jus my intresting idea that might happen in the near future.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
blackroselove said:
Windows sux!!

That's why Microsoft has made over $40 billion on Windows & still monopolizes the software market? That's why all the corporations with big office buildings run all Windows on their employees' systems to do their day-to-day work. That's why 49/50 home computer users, run Windows instead of Linux? Yeah man, definately. I forgot, just because you use it...it's the best right?

We'll see in 5 - 10 years how far Linux has gotten when Windows stats. are all showing increase in profit & popularity throughout the software market.

Flashgear

Reaction score
Jordan K said:
Way to re-open a topic after 2 months of no posting has gone by...I even posted here before I left for a bit. Maybe read the date next time?

And by the way, gmail is the BEST free mass email site. Windows XP is way more secure and powerful than 2000, I have no idea why people think they should still use that piece of ****. And Vista doesn't come out to the end of 2007.

If you want windows vista its not hard to get it.... :angel:

blackroselove

Reaction score
Windows is onli good because of its gui and i use both linux and windows so i have tested both there strength i have to say the windo0ws ones have got better but linux other rules the sercurity in high standerds thats the miltary uses it with a user friendly gui!
Windows vistaobably make windows better but lets see...
And linux is monoplising the mp3 players ..... iriver, ipod, creative ect use linux based systems with a windows gui as i have a iriver with this and i have loads more !

clareto

Reaction score
common people dont notice the BIG difference between linux and windows. They dont use linux because they have always used windows. and next windows always generates a lot of expectation. they think of the new windows like thinking "oh, the next mercedes" or "the next porsche". It will always be better just because its "the next". I think bill and his micro-soft will consolidate the empire with vista. vista looks good, really good. And is only one windows, its like "the one". But what about linux? there are lots of penguins out there, and common people gets confused (penguins are bigger, smaller, stronger, and some of them are really really ugly). Thats so sad....

meanwhile, google provides solutions to you, and what os do you use? who cares!, if you have gmail, and use the google search engine!. But if google gets in the os bussiness, i think they will not build one from scratch (no F1 racing car has been built from scratch since 15 or 20 years, thats really really hard). If googlebot is intelligent, people who did it is more. I think they will not fight directly with the monsters. They will have a slight but powerful solution. Maybe another flavor of the penguin, or a fusion with windows.

While they fight, all I can do is take the 'evangelizer' role and say everybody that windows is not the only OS in the world. And if they ask me "will you fix my computer?" ill say "yeah, i will fix your computer, but i dont want to do it again in the next year, so i will instal you linux" (hehehe)

[[end of my nosense reply]]

Abusi

Reaction score
Google can be better than Microsoft's MSN services, but for god sake we're talking about Microsoft here, the creators of the great Windows operating system, Microsoft Office and many others, Google may be better than A PART of Microsoft, but never be better than Microsoft itself.

Jacob

Reaction score
Abusi said:
Google can be better than Microsoft's MSN services, but for god sake we're talking about Microsoft here, the creators of the great Windows operating system, Microsoft Office and many others, Google may be better than A PART of Microsoft, but never be better than Microsoft itself.
I totally agree with this. Microsoft created the all surpreme Windows operating system and there is no way that Google will ever be "better" than Microsoft. Microsoft not only has the money, brains, power and intelligence, but also the support of the computer world. One thing that is pointing in Google's way, though, the sheer genius of all their products. Take Google search, for instance. It's become a household everyday name. If someone can't find something, a standard reply would be 'Google it.' Google has the respect of the search engine world; making it easier to search for websites and my personal favorite: their image search. You can type in virtually anything, and it will find it. MSN/Microsoft has tried to duplicate Google's search engines, but nothing can match the simplicity and power of the Google Search. Other programs like Google Earth and Gmail are also great, successful programs that have boosted Google's image. Face it, if it weren't for Microsoft, there probably wouldn't be computers like they are today. I don't look for Google to be better or more successful than Microsoft ever in my day, or my children's day. Microsoft's empire was starting to becomes slightly less after the release of the iPod, Linux operating system and other smaller OS's, but if Windows Vista is all it's cracked up to be, it should keep Microsoft at the top for quite some time. Bottom line: Google will never reach the reigns that Microsoft currently has, and will have for a long time.

N

Nathan

Abusi said:

Apple created the supreme Mac OSX operating system. Maybe you forget where you came from also. UNIX.

Microsoft Office is a decent application, OpenOffice is a great application.

Google? Google bought 5% of AOL, they've developed a calendar, a mail system, video system, shopping search engine, the best search engine. The only competition Google actually has is Yahoo!... But Yahoo! will not be better than Google either. Google is business partners with Firefox... So yeah.

Other wise, Microsoft better than Google? I'll let you decide.

Abusi

Reaction score
Dewayne said:
Apple created the supreme Mac OSX operating system. Maybe you forget where you came from also. UNIX.

Microsoft Office is a decent application, OpenOffice is a great application.

Google? Google bought 5% of AOL, they've developed a calendar, a mail system, video system, shopping search engine, the best search engine. The only competition Google actually has is Yahoo!... But Yahoo! will not be better than Google either. Google is business partners with Firefox... So yeah.

Other wise, Microsoft better than Google? I'll let you decide.

Yea yea that's your opinion and I respect that, but go check the international statistics, see what's more used mac osx or microsoft windows?

Last edited:
N

Nathan

Abusi said:
Yea yea that's your opinion and I respect that, but go check the international statistics, see what's more used mac osx or microsoft windows?

See which is safer OS X or Windows, see which has a better interface, see which has more loyal users, see which isn't a monoply with integrated software, see which is based off UNIX, see which has better support.

Abusi

Reaction score
I don't think i have to, as long as I see which one is more used it gets me the answer of all that, I see your an Apple MAC slave I respect your preferences :tongue: but Microsoft > Google.

N

Nathan

Abusi said:
I don't think i have to, as long as I see which one is more used it gets me the answer of all that, I see your an Apple MAC slave I respect your preferences :tongue: but Microsoft > Google.

For one, it's Mac, not MAC.

Second, I don't own a Mac. I built my own desktop which is currently running Windows XP Pro SP2 and I have a Dell Inspiron 9200 running Windows XP Home SP2.

But I hate Microsoft, yet I don't have the money to invest in a Mac.

Sad, sad world.

N2PGames

Reaction score
if Google Makes teh move and finally buys Mozila and changes teh name of Firefox to Google Broswer , or Broswe Google , something catchy it will Burn Microsofts crappy new Windows Exp beta !!, BTW Im a Xbox 360 owner and Microsoft isn't that smart around there very own product the console crashed for me 12 times in arow!! while playing "Battlefield 2" and "Oblivion" wicth in pushing 2 cores / 3 cores of the xbox 360 , i really can't see Microsoft Xbox 360 Pulling off "Gears Of War" and "Halo 3 : Forrunner"... so i can really see some money loesses after thoses two games being released and Microsoft being in Deep Shoot!

My guess is that Google will beat microsoft in the market very soon by 2008 , but the owners will never ever be as rich as Bill Gates !!!:bash:

randomize

Reaction score
I have to agree there

Microsoft rushed the launch of the xbox 360. The console itself is very good but I think that they should of taken more time in testing etc.

I think they were mearly trying to beat Sony/Nintendo, and release their console first.

As for Google being bigger than Microsoft, no chance. Even if Google did buy Mozilla, I still don't think that would make them as big as Microsoft, nor as rich as Microsoft.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Well honestly I'm not to suprised, I mean Google has slowly been transforming into one of the biggest tech companies. For instance I can guarentee that almost everyones homepage when they first go online is at google. Whenever I need to find something just go to google, I never even tried the microsofts version. Aside there search engine, gmail, everyone wants one, and it's the best email service out there. Microsoft outlook...uhhh, I dunno, not to great. Now they even have googletalk. There expanding, and not putting out junk. Although alot of my arguments were personal opinion, I'm sure at least someone agrees! I just think Microsoft isn't doing as good, there an older company, google is relatively new, and more ambitious.
-Reich
They also are almost never finished improving software, they create big things, almost no junk and it work almost flawlessly... Well they do have the right architecture to test internet-related stuff on so many pages... and they also plan a step ahead... basically, they make the step!

Status
Not open for further replies.