Help..

ipswitch8259

Reaction score
I would like to ask if I, a member with free hosting can use the softaculous software service.. Cause I tried to install one of the blog scripts featured on the softaculous but I get the error "could not connect to Mysql"

alexa8

Reaction score
Yep you can use all the products offered. I am basically a newbie to X10 but I have built 3 new accounts FREE and have used the blogs on two of the accounts and several of the others. Perhaps you need to try again later. Also beware...I was on an account that I never set up just checking out different scripts...and by gosh my account was frozen...stating I violated the CPU status on the server. This gave me cause to worry a bit about a blog or forum. If you have multiple ppl on your blog or forum you might be shut down without notice. I am thinking they are limiting the bandwidth claiming CPU problems hoping to have you go to the upgrade.

Never in my life have I heard of one user causing CPU problems...that would be like someone trying to flood the server. Really really strange to me.

Good luck for me I am keeping my eye on the site...just in case it has to be moved or my client wants to upgrade. Also note if you are not in here...in the forum once a month or so they will freeze your account. OUCH!

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I was on an account that I never set up just checking out different scripts...and by gosh my account was frozen...stating I violated the CPU status on the server. This gave me cause to worry a bit about a blog or forum. If you have multiple ppl on your blog or forum you might be shut down without notice. I am thinking they are limiting the bandwidth claiming CPU problems hoping to have you go to the upgrade.
Please read this article:
High Resource Usage
The purpose of the High Resource Usage rule is to prevent abuse of the free hosting servers and help improve the performance of the free hosting servers for all free hosting users. It has nothing to do with bandwidth.

Also note if you are not in here...in the forum once a month or so they will freeze your account. OUCH!
Yes, free hosting users are required to login to the forums once a month, (posting not required), in order to avoid inactivity suspension. Small price to pay for great free hosting service in my opinion.

Also, both of those suspensions can be quickly resolved by the user in most cases.

alexa8

Reaction score
You're right, a small price to pay for great FREE hosting service, if in fact it proves to be so. I will be the first to admit it. And, for the record I was not complaining I was warning what I thought was a fellow NEWBIE to the forum. But, to defend my comment I am still curious how sitting in Cpanel...checking out a few of the scripts can cause CPU's to rise and how would you know if you are violating them if there is no timer on them. You would think that most users like myself would check out the system before uploading a complete site only to find out that the hosting offer was not what you expected when you came on board. Even if that was not your motive you being new would want to preview most of what Cpanel has to offer and check it out. Perhaps and this is just a suggestion a (warning label) should be posted for all things that can cause even a temporary suspension. You know and I know that 99.9 percent of us users do not read all that fine print even if we should, not to mention that the fine print was not there prior to signing up and taking all our information to add to their data base. But, true it is FREE and it's hard to kick a gift horse in the butt....right?

ipswitch8259

Reaction score
Yep you can use all the products offered. I am basically a newbie to X10 but I have built 3 new accounts FREE and have used the blogs on two of the accounts and several of the others. Perhaps you need to try again later.

so you basically used the softaculous software service found on the cpanel.. if its not so much to ask, could you ellaborate more on how did you do it.. cause I tried it several times but I get the same error.. to be specific, I wanted to install the "Open Blog" script featured on the softaculous..

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There really shouldn't be an error coming up during the installation.

Can you please try it again, choose the software/script you want to install, hit install and so on, write the proper information it asks you for (the username...password...) and if you get an error,

Can you please take a screen shot of it, and post it here, as it's unusual for this to happen. I want to see everything it says regarding the error...

Maybe you are using too much sql databases I beleive free hosting members have a limit to how much databases they are using. Please check the number of databases you are currently using.

Thank you,
John Klyne.

ipswitch8259

Reaction score
This is the error.. I cant stablish a connection to Mysql..
errorwwq.jpg

I have no Mysql account yet.. Maybe I placed wrong info's.. John.. can you assist me on this, on the "table prefix", I don't know what to put in it..
softd.jpg

I can't use any of the featured scripts on my cpanel software services.. I got errors on my "Mysql"

error4w.jpg

error2q.jpg

Last edited:

denzil

Reaction score
you can leave it as it is. That will just add a prefix to all tables in your database. For instance, I'm using mybb forums and all my tables are prefixed with "mybb_". So if I have a table about users, it is called "mybb_users", if I have one about posts it's called "mybb_posts" and so on.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Should be sorted now, was a misconfiguration of the account (couple entries missing in the remote database hosts table)

ipswitch8259

Reaction score
Should be sorted now, was a misconfiguration of the account (couple entries missing in the remote database hosts table)

do you mean that I have s0me missing files or misconfigurati0n settings in my Cpanel Account? pls.. what can I do.. cause yesterday I tried several scripts but I get the same errors about my "Mysql".

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There was a few entries missing on the remote database hosts table, I sorted them, so server side there should not be any connection problems now.