Hi I'm new from BT...

melsaund

Reaction score
Hi,
Until 3 months ago I had a FREE web site/space with BT, but they have killed it... So I signed up for x10. I have always had all my files on the PC so all I need to do it upload them to my site at WWW.melsaunders.x10.bz, this I can do with Filezilla which is what I usually use. The site is fairly simple mostly text and images, but with more space I would soon set about expanding it. I got to grips with basic HTML years ago but know things are perhaps very different now.

So where do I upload my files to /Public or /WWW the INDEX.HTML file usually gets it all going, so how do I do that here?? Or am I barking up the wrong tree! What can cPanel do for me? Yes I do need some help and advice, and would welcome that.

Thanks and regards.
Mel.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi melsaund, welcome to x10Hosting :)

So where do I upload my files to /Public or /WWW the INDEX.HTML file usually gets it all going, so how do I do that here?? Or am I barking up the wrong tree! What can cPanel do for me? Yes I do need some help and advice, and would welcome that.
All files publicly visible should be uploaded to "public_html", and can be uploaded via FTP and cPanel. cPanel is basically a central control panel to manage various aspects of your site, including MySQL databases, one-click blogs/forums/wikis/etc, domains, files, mail, and much more. :)

melsaund

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for that I uploaded my files to /public_html and my site seems to be up and running. I used cpanel to install Lazarus guest book, and the folder appears in my public folder, but not on my site, how do I get this up and running??

Thanks again.
Regards
Mel.

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just left a welcome message on the guest book :smile: