Holograms replacing rock stars?

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Just when you thought you had seen everything.
Very interesting technology.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The things Japan has going on every day so it seems are impressive. Doesn't seem as if they have mastered Hologram technology yet as this seems to be done by two projectors to give a 3D view on a screen (see attachment for a good view of it), but still very neat. I could see some older rock stars coming back as Computer Imagery someday soon!

Reading the comments of the video, I'm laughing over the fact that people want Japan to make the Lightsabre. That'd be something fun to have :D

Attachments

• screen.PNG
    screen.PNG
    660.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Yeah hate to break it to all of you, it is just being projected onto a transparent screen. Still incredible and i would love to see one live, but nothing $800 worth of gfx cards and a few million in software development can't do

Also, someone needs to learn what AA is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PAoIuoce20&feature=related
dear god

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

isaac008

Reaction score
It's amazing how technology has advanced so far. However, I believe that stuff can target little kiddies, but never older aged ppl.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
lolol hatsune miku.

Anyways, Gorillaz wanted to do this, but it didn't work because the bass would make the smoke vibrate too much, so the holograms would vibrate aswell, don't know why they didn't think of a giant glass screen, maybe it was hard to set up in places idk. Gonna be fun to see what they do on Sunday, when I go to their concert.

Last edited:

ted789

Reaction score
I happen to have come across this video last night and reflected (oh man I'm reflecting on a reflection) but anyway I reflected that the spectators were relating to something that wasn't human, in fact it wasn't even corporeally there. But whatever sells tickets. It seems the next logical step is performing robots. Don't know what comes after that. Maybe just stay home and hang out in the sensosphere.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
and reflected (oh man I'm reflecting on a reflection) but anyway I reflected that the spectators were relating to something that wasn't human, in fact it wasn't even corporeally there.
Is that really any different from watching / relating to entertainer on TV, in a movie, or in a video?

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
lolol hatsune miku.

Anyways, Gorillaz wanted to do this, but it didn't work because the bass would make the smoke vibrate too much, so the holograms would vibrate aswell, don't know why they didn't think of a giant glass screen, maybe it was hard to set up in places idk. Gonna be fun to see what they do on Sunday, when I go to their concert.

I thought they did it successfully? They did do a live performance using the cartoon characters, but I'm not sure how.