Hosting account disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

spadija

Reaction score
I have (had) an account on Lotus that didn't survive the server move. I have everything backed up on my own computer, so I just needed the account moved to the new Lotus, but as of a couple days ago, my hosting account has disappeared too. Is this a mistake or not?

My cPanel username is spadija and my domain was chaosinacan.x10hosting.com.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
You are better off creating a new account and uploading your copy.

spadija

Reaction score
I just tried creating a new hosting account, but I get this error:
action status: Error occurred during processing
error code: 6C0801DE
result: An error occurred as your hosting account signup was executed. This error was fatal to the request. Please reattempt your hosting signup again or create a support request.

I tried recreating my hosting account with the same username and domain. Can I not do this, or is there some other problem?
Is there anything that explains these error codes?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to, but it may be the domain still lingers around in a config file, or on one of the name servers.

What is the domain you want to use?

spadija

Reaction score
I would like to use chaosinacan.x10hosting.com. (Actually, I own chaosinacan.com, and I'm switching everything over to this domain, but Google still has some things indexed under chaosinacan.x10hosting.com, so I'd like to get the same domain again)

spadija

Reaction score
It looks like the problem was the domain name. I tried signing up with "chaosinanothercan.x10hosting.com" and it worked.

Edit: I didn't expect this would work, but, changing the domain name to chaosinacan.x10hosting.com in the account control panel worked. I'd say this is resolved.

Edit x2: Now I can't park my domain "chaosinacan.com" in cPanel. It gives me this error: "Error from park wrapper: chaosinacan.com is owned by another user."

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you still want the old domain name or do you want to keep this new one?

spadija

Reaction score
It looks like I was able to get the old domain back. I submitted a domain name change, and it succeeded. I was able to access the site at chaosinacan.x10hosting.com for a while and upload most of my files, but it looks like there are still some DNS issues, as chaosinacan.x10hosting is now pointing to 74.63.233.25 instead of 69.175.121.58 like it was a bit earlier.

Something still needs to be cleaned up though, since cPanel thinks another user (my old account probably) has my domain "chaosinacan.com" parked, so I can't park it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.