How are you guys holding up with our economic troubles?

XCTBru

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, I still have a year before I need to worry about the economy and whatnot, but I am being affected by it. How about you guys?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm holding out pretty good. Not having many problems at all.

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
It sucks for me. I can't seem to get a job and I want to goto college. Btw I am 17.

burner35

Reaction score
I have some wealth in my family, we haven't lost a great deal.

But we do have plenty of money to survive.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I think it's good to have a backup plan in case things get worse.

We have plenty of things to resort to if we were to have problems, so we're set :)

Zdroyd

Reaction score
My life is in the dumps (or at least my home life).

I am really getting annoyed by all the people who say "there is nothing wrong with the economy! My life is just fine!" Obviously those people don't get out much.

What I want to know is how Saint Nick is going to afford this Christmas year. Rain dear food, sleigh gas, and raping paper must be very expensive.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nothing really. The only thing is that Volvo(ford) and Saab(GM) is soon bankrupt.

MistaC87

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, I still have a year before I need to worry about the economy and whatnot, but I am being affected by it. How about you guys?

I still have a free hosting account. That should pretty much sum it up.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
I still have a free hosting account. That should pretty much sum it up.

Good point... everyone here who has a free account probably are too "in the dumps" to afford paid hosting... (I'm not being sarcastic.)

PhantomChick

Reaction score
I work for a real estate company in TN... it's very slow (about half of last year's business) but the company is managing.

As for me, I've been stocking up on extra canned food. I figure an emergency supply would be a good thing to have (since I don't trust the dollar much) and I can combine that with the money I set aside for charity by rotating my supply of food to the local food bank.

But I have always been real frugal. For example, I keep my heat set to 50 F.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
I have been doing fine... I think. The gas prices are going down, which is good, but everything else is expensive.

I think that it will be far before we get out of this situation!

I hope I can last through that

azntechguy

Reaction score
Well, assuming I pass all my classes, I'm set to graduate in two years with a BA in Chemistry and MA in Adolescent Education.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Bloomberg and Paterson won't make New York City and New York State respectively as a rich man's paradise. Dang it, they're doing everything they can in the budget crisis to increase the burden to the working and the middle class, while leaving the upper class largely alone.

And I was hoping I could settle down for a few more years before I actually leave.

kkenny

Reaction score
Life's normal.
The people who are in economic trouble are those who spend too much on credit cards, and those who invest carelessly into stocks.

But for many ordinary families, it's all talk. Nothing is really happening except for shifts in prices for various products these days.

tfteam

Reaction score
Struggling like most guys... I've been trying to look for a job but I find going freelance fits my lifestyle most... I don't lose too much time on the real important stuff i should be giving attention to...

Although I have been ignoring my site for quite a while now... Come new year I'll try to reorganize

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Life's normal.
The people who are in economic trouble are those who spend too much on credit cards, and those who invest carelessly into stocks.

But for many ordinary families, it's all talk. Nothing is really happening except for shifts in prices for various products these days.

The people in economic trouble needs to be expanded by your definition to include families like mine - making enough $ to cope, but not enough for extras beyond what they had before the economy took a nose-dive.

Didn't have much extra before, got almost no extra now. I don't anticipate it to let up any time soon, but at least we've actually got enough to keep it rolling. Problem is now that the economy's gone for a nose-dive, I'm having an even worse time trying to find a full time programming job >_<

mikakitty

Reaction score
Life's normal.

Yea okay. I cant find a job. Is that cause I invested in a kitty stock and not a puppy stock?

Job listings are down to one PAGE in the newspaper. Add to that school expenses and living expenses. I want money to pay for the roof over my head not credit cards.

You need to seriously read up. Millions of people are losing their jobs. Which has NOTHING to do with their credit or stocks.

PS Economy is crap if you havent noticed it congrats. ^_^

Last edited: