Kids or no kids?

• Kids

Votes: 57 76.0%
  • No Kids

Votes: 18 24.0%

• Total voters

thebabyhater

Reaction score
I found your web site completely based on flaming and YOUR opinion. I'm not about to argue about the topic or your ethics, I am just suggesting a big transformation of your site. I support the idea of a forum.

As much as I appreciate the suggestion, that's exactly what my website is about - my opinion on the topic. If "ihatebabies.net" expressed the benefits of having children, I'd just be doing false advertising. A forum is definitely in the works, but keep in mind that it's obviously geared toward the childfree. I have no intention of appealing to people who actually want children.

As far as being biased, I'm expressing my honest feelings toward it. I will never say anything along the lines of children possibly enriching lives, because that would simply be me lying to myself.

But I appreciate you checking it out. :)

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
As much as I appreciate the suggestion, that's exactly what my website is about - my opinion on the topic. If "ihatebabies.net" expressed the benefits of having children, I'd just be doing false advertising. A forum is definitely in the works, but keep in mind that it's obviously geared toward the childfree. I have no intention of appealing to people who actually want children.

As far as being biased, I'm expressing my honest feelings toward it. I will never say anything along the lines of children possibly enriching lives, because that would simply be me lying to myself.

But I appreciate you checking it out. :)
Your right, I just would have liked a bit more support for the other side. Similar to this thread.

~Twinkie

Last edited:

Odd Thomas

Reaction score
I cannot abide the any one having an opinion and thinking that because that is their opinion its the right one and everyone else is wrong, I used to believe in some right old pony when I was a teenager,now I am a lot older and a lot more informed, those opinions are long gone, you change constantly and what you believe today you may disagree with tommorow,

The opening post asked a serious question and after reading your home page I agree, the showing of babies on tv does not show the sleepless nights, babies are not a happy cutesy bundle that sleeps as soon as you put them down, they scream the house down around your ears the second the think your not there! the nappies, the smell of crap, the constant washing, four hour feeds, the terrible twos - the teething

oh god the teething! I still wake up in a cold sweat!

having a baby was the last thing on my mind, I never wanted one, it never crossed my mind, but I never thought I would NEVER have one, just not right now.

If you dont want children then its your perogative who am I or any one else to tell you - Go Foth and multiply, procreate of whatever you want to call it?

Its just- right up until my missus went into labour having a child scared me, I really did not know what I was going to do nor did I know if I really wanted a child even on the day she went into labour.

giving birth looked awful, and I am GLAD i didnt have to go thru it!

but when the nurse passed my son over into my arms, he opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was me, and in that instant my life changed, suddenly evrything I did was geared towards my son and making sure this tiny fragile life survived.

so despite the screaming the tantrums, crap filled nappies (diapers) spaghetti in hair plastercine in the carpet, the moment lives with me for ever, and I would not change any thing for the world, being a parent is hard very very hard.

But until you have held a baby in your arms and you KNOW that this baby is yours, you cannot understand what that feeling is,

All I'm saying is, never say never!

Odd

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
we are only 18 anyway...way to young.

Many (not-so-smart people) disagree with this...I have seen [again (not-so-smart)] people have children at the age of 13 ... >.> ...while I was in middle school. I found it very disturbing...Well, I do wish to have children one day, but once I get my life organized and settled down which gives me many years more to think about.

onyxmoron

Reaction score
But until you have held a baby in your arms and you KNOW that this baby is yours, you cannot understand what that feeling is,

All I'm saying is, never say never!

That's true, but wouldn't it better for a person who feels that they "hate" babies to just go on feeling that way rather than having one just so they can find out if they're right or not? It seems to me the only way for that kind of person to find out if they're right or not would be to have a baby on accident. That wouldn't be good. And what if it turned out they were right? To me, it seems like the wised option would be for any person who isn't absolutely positive they want to have kids, even if they think there's just tiny tiny tiny chance they might not like it, to take whatever precautions are necessary to avoid having one. If everyone thought really hard about that issue before "getting pregnant" there would be a lot less children without homes, a lot more space for people to live and more food for them to eat, and probably a lot fewer miserable people who regret their decision to "have kids".

Unfortunately, there's a stigma against people who don't like babies. I believe that opinion is much more common than people realize, it's just taboo for people to say it. I don't just mean people who out-and-out "hate" them, I mean people who can "tolerate" them or think they're cute in small doses but wouldn't want to be around one 24 hours a day. ;)

As a side note, I think it's absurd to complain about the fact that someone's website reflects their personal opinions, especially "now-a-days". Whose opinions should someone's personal website reflect? The OP isn't required to present every side of an argument. They don't even have to present an argument at all. It's not a philosophical journal, it's a website. :happysad:
Edit:
Many (not-so-smart people) disagree with this...I have seen [again (not-so-smart)] people have children at the age of 13 ... >.> ...while I was in middle school. I found it very disturbing...Well, I do wish to have children one day, but once I get my life organized and settled down which gives me many years more to think about.

Do you think the fact that most people aren't "ready" to have kids by the time they're 18 (or even 13) is something inherent to that age group, or because society chooses to keep children "children" for longer than it used to?

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
My girl friend and I talk about this quite a bit. I know for a fact that if we had a kid right now it would be nothing short of a disaster. She's in her 5th year of college, I'm unemployed living with my parents. We plan to get married, buy a house and all that jazz in the future.

She told me that she didn't want to have kids for the longest of time, but more recently, she's been saying that she thinks she would be a good mother. I believe that too.

I think that someday I'll want them, but for now, it's not even appealing to me. It's frightening actually.

Sohail

Reaction score
I would say yes but not too many because of the population explosion. That's my basic answer.

timothy1238

Reaction score
:love: Me and my girlfriend have planned to get married soon......but we have decided not to have kids... as she already has one..... so we think that 'll be enough..:cool::cool:

ddemetrius456

Reaction score
:lol:I love kids. when i see them i feel very happy and i want to have kids but now i am a school going guy so i have to wait for few years to be graduate and get married.:lol:

fractalfeline

Reaction score
Me? I dunno. I haven't decided about whether I want kids ever. But for right now? Hellll NO. Last thing I need in my life at the present moment is a mouth demanding attention.

joejv4

Reaction score
I have 2 step-kids and a son that is all mine. I also have a grandson. Know what? I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Having and raising kids is as rewarding an experience as you'll ever find. From the day they are born, to their first steps, to when they graduate from school and to when they get married and have kids of their own, the emotions you share with them and the ones you feel because of them, can not be duplicated by anything else.

That's my perspective. Since everyone is different, I wouldn't expect that parenting is for everybody.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I never want to have children. No, I do not hate children. I love them. but I do not want any of my own. it'll be too much work to be a mother. I want to have a good career but I never ever want children

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think Jeff Atwood said it best.

I've never had kids who were genetically my own, but I did have a pair of stepdaughters. They were teenagers when I got 'em, so I missed all of the baby and toddler stuff. And there's no way to deny that kids who are old enough to start asserting themselves and testing authority, who are driven largely by hormonal experiences they aren't yet used to and don't fully understand, can be a right royal pain in the posterior (especially to an interloper, or someone who can be treated as an interloper when it's convenient). There were tears (not all theirs, by the way, and not all sorrowful) and fights and all kinds of mean, nasty stuff. And yet...

I wouldn't trade any of it away for anything. There is no other relationship like it. There are no other feelings that even begin to approach the ones you feel for your children. If I could bottle what I felt the first time I was called "Dad"...

comunidaduser31

Reaction score
Hahah good question, like any other young man, i think kids its the same to stress, responsability, and sacrifice, but all young mean, will be a father, so kids, are natural, and genetic need, and one big and fully hapiness

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Could not eat a whole one and the older they get the more stringy they become.

Never the less they are the best delicacy that life on this planet has to offer.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Dammit, I can't find the "Dislike" link!

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm a young now to get married and have kids. But someday I'd like to have a smart son or a cute daughter who could realize all the dreams that i failed to achieve.