How much RAM do you have?

How much RAM do you have?

• Total voters

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Just got an upgrade to 2gb RAM.

Running Linux with a 1.6ghz processor, and is actually really fast :)

~Callum

csc2ya

Reaction score
2GB in this laptop. 512MB in my old laptop (running as an irc/shoutcast server)

z_killemall

Reaction score
2GB DDR2-667 for the moment, I'm planning to upgrade to 4GB DDR2-800 since I like messing around with FL Studio and similar programs and most of the plugins demand lots of memory...

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I used to have 1gb (a bit less usable), but then I upgraded to 2 gb... and my computer went 75% faster...
Now I have two plans:
A) Buy 2 more ram bars (since I have a total of 4 slots) and then buy a additional HDD
or
B) Buy the additional HDD and the the 2 ram bars.

playminigames

Reaction score
i got 1.5gb of ram, it seems to be fairly good, i dont think i need much more. I need a new processor, its a 1.6ghz so its like ancient.

xPlozion

Reaction score
@xav, if your board can handle it, throw in a 2gb stick...

got my 1tb seagate for $100 at bestbuy about 6mo ago ;)

I've got 2x2gb ddr2 ram, but as far as ocing it goes, it sucks, so i'm prob gonna go w/ either 800mhz 4-4-4-12 or some 1333mhz 5-5-5-15 (oc'd q6600 from 2.4 to 3.2)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
My vote's in this from wya back as 1gb but that's since changed, I'm at 4gb right now and looking at 8 if I ever get the $ together and have nothing better to buy (right now I need a new computer chair.)

ah-blabla

Reaction score
An amazingly large amount of 756mb is what I have. (One 256mb stick soldered in, plus one removeable 512mb stick, which could be upgraded up to 1Gb). It's something like PC2700.

smithee

Reaction score
1Gig for me... could do with two though, 'cos I can use it all up easily :(

Use to be 512MB, so I'm glad I did the upgrade. Since I have four RAM slots, two are occupied to allow for Dual Interlace. I tried inserting another set in in the avaliable slots to boost it to 2Gig, but my monitors started to flicker a bit and Wifi won't work, so I'm guessing that I've used all the avaliable power up... ah well.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
1Gig for me... could do with two though, 'cos I can use it all up easily :(

Use to be 512MB, so I'm glad I did the upgrade. Since I have four RAM slots, two are occupied to allow for Dual Interlace. I tried inserting another set in in the avaliable slots to boost it to 2Gig, but my monitors started to flicker a bit and Wifi won't work, so I'm guessing that I've used all the avaliable power up... ah well.

RAM doesn't need much power. The monitor flickering or hardware components flickering could be a sign of something else. I've seen on a Dell OptiPlex GX270 several capacitors blow on the motherboard and cause the system to lock up and the onboard video to display weird lines.

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
2.5 Gigs for my laptop. I only upgraded one stick to 2 gigs...and left the other one alone so they're unmatched. D:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you have 6gb of ram and a crappy processor... It's not gonna do much good.

kkenny

Reaction score
I think 2GB-4GB is a requirement for the PostVista Computer Era.