How The PS3 Can Beat The Competition This Holiday Season

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Well as we all know the recent price drop on the XBOX 360 basically makes it the cheapest next-gen console on the market, even cheaper than the Wii (the arcade version). This means that the PS3 is the most expensive console right now on the market and what does that mean for Sony? It means a disaster. People do not want to pay for expensive things, especial gaming systems. Yes, the PS3 may be more than a gaming system, but the consumers don’t want to pay a premium for something that will be cheaper latter on in its life span. So what can Sony do to get them out of this hole that they are in for the holiday season? Well its not as simple as cutting the price tag to something cheaper. Sony has already said that they will not be lowering the price any more this year, so that is out of the question. Well what else can they do beside bring out quality games that they hope that will push the system out the retailers doors? Well they will have to do a couple of things to get to that point where the consumer will take the PS3 home.

Read the full story at MicroTechXP !

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
There's a 20% chance I know my friend is getting me an xbox360 this christmas.
Either that or a good cellphone :p

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind, especially now with the price cuts, that the 360 will be the victor this holiday. Short of dropping price price Sony doesn't stand much of a chance to get a piece of the pie Microsoft will be getting.

Sony needs to do a lot of work in the coming year. They need to secure some exclusives, drop the price of the PS3 to compete with the 360s lowest SKU, and add some more features comparable to the 360 netflix deal.

Don't be surprised if they will be toward the bottom of the sells chart in the coming months.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I don't think consoles will be a big hit this holiday season.. most people already have them, or two for that matter

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think consoles will be a big hit this holiday season.. most people already have them, or two for that matter

Not really, there are still millions who haven't bought either of the current consoles.

nterror

Reaction score
I proudly supported the "Keep M$ away from my gaming future" fund by buying two PS3s. :cool:

The MSG4 bundles and replaced the harddrives. :thefinger

Jon.Monreal

Reaction score
Personally, I'm not sure about this. I think that the Wii will still retain its appeal among non-gamers and gamers alike, and may sell very well this holiday season.

Personally, I own a 360 for its selection of games. If I had been interested in the features of the PS3 at the time I would have bought it.

But everything else aside, the Playstation 3 simply costs too much. While it is an excellent console, the price tag is enough to turn off everyone but hardcore gamers. And for the best of both worlds, both the 360 and the Wii qualify. It's not a fair war, but all's fair in love and in war.

pgames

Reaction score
Well if u guys want to play all the new games coming out, Cod 5, Farcry 2, Dead Space, Gears of War 2 and the games that come out after Christmas, I suggest upgrading ur pc instead of buying a 2005 xbox 360. My Xbox graphics totally fried when I was playing Cod4 and i heard the Xbox 360 graphics is supposed to be better than the PS3's. The Ps3 doesn't sound that much better than the Xbox360, so yeah, I'd recommend upgrading ur pc. (This advice is coming from a gamaholic.)

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I got a PS2 when walmart had $100 off and it's pretty good.

Synoryth

Reaction score
The PS3 definitely has interesting features, but the price tag is a major turn-off for gamers of all types. If Sony would drop the price atleast $100, they might finally be in the competition. The 360 also has a wider selection of games.

~Syn~

Clinton

Reaction score
I actually think that every console will sell fairly well this season. All prices have dropped with the exception of Wii.