How to point a domain to x10hosting server

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiamalex

Reaction score
I bought a domain a few days ago, and when I'm the control panel of my domain registar I see these options:

-A Records
-AAAA Records
-MX Records
-CNAME Records
-NS Records
-TXT Records
-SRV Records
-SOA Parameters

So I found somewhere that I should modify the A Records and when I'm in the form it shows:

Host Name: [input].mydomain.com
Destination IPv4 Adress*: [input]
TTL*: [28800]

It seems that Host name is not required, but I need to know which is the IPv4 Adress, I'm very new in these things of domains, so any help you could just throw will be very appreciated, Thank You.

This is my current domain in the hosting: hardgamecafe.x10.bz

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

The best way to link to our services is by using "NS Records".
Please choose this and enter the below addresses

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Thank you!

xiamalex

Reaction score
Thank's for you answer..

When I get into NS Records Config I get this:

http://x10hosting.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7702&stc=1 <-- Screen Cap

So, I have to change values only for the first and second address..? Can I leave the rest by the same, or should I clear it..? Cuz I have the A record assignaned to 184.154.58.130, which is my website ip root, (how did I obtained it? I just made a ping to my website and got it) is in there any inconvenience with it..?

Thank's again

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 707

xiamalex

Reaction score
UPDATE: When I went back to admin the NS Records I noticed I couldn't modify the existing nameservers (as we can see, there's a locker aside of each value), and so I decided to add 2 news nameservers which are your servers.

So I went to the cPanel, and then added the pointed domain in the config domain options, and when I go to my website with my new domain (www.hardgamecafe.com) it shows me the default web site page with the cgi, I suppouse that is working on it..

mypeel

Reaction score
It should hopefully be working soon. But people are having trouble with these default pages right now. If it is not working after 24 hours, file a support ticket.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The name servers that are not hours WILL cause a problem, as the records on those servers won't point to our servers naturally but still get queried for the address when a user wants to reach your site.

To solve that part you would however need to contact the registrar and ask them how to remove the name servers that were originally there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.