I cannot get to my subdomain. It always returns "404 error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapzack

Reaction score
This issue seems to be happening a lot lately. Have you tried readding the subdomain?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Nope, still doesn't work.

Make sure the document root folder for subdomain is not deleted. For example: technologyblog folder in public_html

Last edited:

dlukin

Reaction score
1. Try it without the capital letter (B)
2. Folks, the subfolder exists. http://sikuneh.x10hosting.com/technologyBlog/
3. As mentioned above, there seems to be a recurring problem with this. /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi is not the standard default x10 404 page. Looks like a server issue.

as4s1n

Reaction score
Aren't subdomains referenced by http://subdomain.username.x10hosting.com/? Similar to x10's status.x10hosting.com.

dlukin said:
As mentioned above, there seems to be a recurring problem with this. /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi is not the standard default for x10 404 page. Looks like a server issue.
A server issue hmm, how long does a fix like that take usually?

dlukin

Reaction score
Since it is housed in a subdirectory of public_html, foo.farble.x10hosting.com can also be accessed via farble.x10hosting.com/foo/ ( you can use .htaccess to prevent this ).

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
This should now be sorted, the issue was caused by the fact the directory name had uppercase letters by the look of it, there was a mapping with all lowercase letters for the directory name in the config file.

Due to this I wont swear that in case of config file being rebuilt this won't come back, as the file could be rebuilt with lowercase namings again at that point.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Problem Solved

***Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.