I can't update my site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

choley

Reaction score
My site is all text basically so when I go to put up new text, it will be saved in the file but it won't show up on the site itself. I didn't see anything about the servers being down but I could have looked in the wrong place. Anyone else having this issue?

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
i got the same problem was going to post but found this post here thanks for the info garrettroyce god i have been trying all day nothing was showing up

Sunflower-Products

Reaction score
Okay.

I'm just majorly confused by all this. I get that accounts are being transferred between machines and that old files are preserved on 'old' machines. I also get that life will be better after the growing pains.

(Thanks Corey and everyone for the improvements.)

Can someone confirm that my files are not updating because of this upgrade? I will use the editors available in cPanel to make changes to my files, BUT the changes do not show on the website when I check them in my browser? This effect is due to the update?

How do I check the progress on Stoli - or whereever Stoli files have moved?

Thanks for the help.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay.

I'm just majorly confused by all this. I get that accounts are being transferred between machines and that old files are preserved on 'old' machines. I also get that life will be better after the growing pains.

(Thanks Corey and everyone for the improvements.)

Can someone confirm that my files are not updating because of this upgrade? I will use the editors available in cPanel to make changes to my files, BUT the changes do not show on the website when I check them in my browser? This effect is due to the update?

How do I check the progress on Stoli - or whereever Stoli files have moved?

Thanks for the help.

Yes the reason for files not updating is the move, your cpanel may have been connected to the new server so you are actually making changes to files on that, while the address still points to the old one, or the other way around.

you can find information about the progress here: http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98132-update.html

Corey is updating the first post as the process gets done.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
hi ladyanna

i still cant update my website is the upgrade finished yet if not when will it will be done please tell me so i dont waste my time trying to update them

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Your server is cossacks, and no that one is not completed.

Until it states in the thread I linked in the previous post that cossacks is 100% done on its third run there's work left to be done.

Corey makes no promise on an ETA as all accounts differ, but once the first pass is completed the remaining two should be faster.

zen-r

Reaction score
Hi loveispoison.

What's so difficult about going to the http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98132-update.html thread that everyone points you to? If you bothered, you would see the state of progress on the server transfers.

You talk about not wanting to waste your time. What about the time staff here are having to waste answering thousands of questions like that at the moment? Please check the News section before asking questions.

You're an old member here, you really ought to know better. ;)

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
Hi loveispoison.

What's so difficult about going to the http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98132-update.html thread that everyone points you to? If you bothered, you would see the state of progress on the server transfers.

You talk about not wanting to waste your time. What about the time staff here are having to waste answering thousands of questions like that at the moment? Please check the News section before asking questions.

You're an old member here, you really ought to know better. ;)

ok sorry bro but i tought that update was only for paid customers thats why i asked here,

and i dont like wasting staffs time, and i wasnt here for long and im back so lots has changed :biggrin:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
ok sorry bro but i tought that update was only for paid customers thats why i asked here,

and i dont like wasting staffs time, and i wasnt here for long and im back so lots has changed :biggrin:

Often times the updates that you see in the Official Announcements forums are for the free users, as because of how less popular the paid plans are and simply due to the nature of paid hosting, the paid users don't need as much attention. Free users are a pain for any large host to deal with because not only do they strain the host financially, they strain the host work wise as well, trying to keep servers online, and fast while dedicating their time to the business. Not to mention because free servers are typically under more load than the software was designed for, things can become a little more screwy.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
Often times the updates that you see in the Official Announcements forums are for the free users, as because of how less popular the paid plans are and simply due to the nature of paid hosting, the paid users don't need as much attention. Free users are a pain for any large host to deal with because not only do they strain the host financially, they strain the host work wise as well, trying to keep servers online, and fast while dedicating their time to the business. Not to mention because free servers are typically under more load than the software was designed for, things can become a little more screwy.

i understand what you mean free users get free hosting but they still ask for more lol im on of them:lol: just kidin i always try to fix things myself if i can then if its out of my reach i ask for help

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I've probably only asked for help maybe once or twice, that was when Absolut banned my IP address because I was making too many connections to the server at once and was triggering the firewall to block me.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
I've probably only asked for help maybe once or twice, that was when Absolut banned my IP address because I was making too many connections to the server at once and was triggering the firewall to block me.

realy looks impossible?
and was there any problems in all this time beside when ur ip was blocked and if yes how u managed?

changc

Reaction score
I guess I picked a bad time to join haha. I was wondering why there was some craziness when I was transferring files earlier. I hope this clears up soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.