I have a Question! Buying domain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

animefig

Reaction score
I have my website animefigures.x10host.com and i wanted to know if i buy my own domain and transfer it by putting it like animefigures.com will it break all my links on my site and will it break the stuff in it?
For instance if i have images and links to my pages will they be broken when i transfer to my new domain?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

If you are using WordPress, you would need to change the Site URL setting in your WordPress configuration. This should change the majority of your links. :)

Thank you,

animefig

Reaction score
Thank for the quick response so basically i only need to change these 2 things to the new domain in wordpress after i change my domain right?
url.jpg
And all the pages and all the media will remain working likewise right?

caftpx10

Reaction score
They should. If not, the guide says what to edit either via FTP or the file manager in cPanel.

animefig

Reaction score
Thanks Dead-i and Caftpx10 for awesome support as always!
Last thing i forgot to ask i may need my Epp code when i decide to transfer my old domain to the new one, i cant find that on my CPanel do i have to request you guys for my domain code?

caftpx10

Reaction score
As X10Hosting isn't a registrar (assuming it's non-premium services), you don't need to do that. You should be able to manage the domain on the registrar you're wanting to use (where you're going to purchase the domain).

Also, you don't transfer the default (sub-)domain X10 had given you. Once you purchase the new domain, you set up the name servers and enter it into 'add-on domains' in cPanel.

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Simply using the domain on a different host is a simple matter of configuring the nameservers of the domain to point to the new host instead. The code you mention is for transferring ownership of the domain, not where it points to (so if you're selling the domain to someone else, or moving it to a different domain registrar). If you have need of the code, you would need to obtain it from your current domain registrar -- if that's us (since we do sell domains, many at $9.95/year but prices may vary based on the top level domain you choose), then you'd be able to get it from the clients portal on https://clients.x10hosting.com.

animefig

Reaction score
So my best bet is to simply upgrade my account to monthly premium and then access my client section and request the epp code, And after i get the the code i simply transfer my old domain to the new one using the buy and transfer system right?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to use the x10host.com domain attached to your account elsewhere? If that is actually the case, it would not be possible, they are domains we provide freely for our hosting.

If you have a personal domain, like domain.com or something like that, you can point it wherever you want though by configuring it where you initially bought the domain.

caftpx10

Reaction score
I believe there's a way to detach it in a way, but all it would probably do is make the sub-domain provided by X10 to be unusable unless it gets a quick fix. It's something I wouldn't recommend doing. Also, that domain would still be in existence, which I believe defeats what you're wanting to do on the free hosting side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.