i need someone to install ph7cms manually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
@smeetenx Please be very careful as to who you give your account details to, as even if you do give your account details away, any data that is placed on your account is still your responsibility. However, I'm not sure why you would need to, as I believe our auto-installer already supports ph7cms, so you can install it quite easily from your control panel.

xweb3x10

Reaction score
I saw on the requirements page of the manual that it requires php exec() which is not available to free accounts. I'm not sure why it would would work installing through softaculous but if the admins say it will then I'd believe them. This would be the easiest solution (provided that you have an available db). After installing you can even "merge" the db with an existing one to be frugal. Just export the tables, import to existing db, copy configuration file, edit config file to make appropriate db credential changes, test the site. When you are certain it works delete second db and copy of the config file.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I just took a look, and Dead-i i mistaken, that particular cms is not available in Softaculous.

It is likely removed from what we offer through Softaculous as it would not work on free hosting, partly due to the exec() requirement, but it seem it also require ffmpeg which is rather resource intensive and not installed on free hosting servers to my knowledge. Also the memory limit on free hosting is too low for the requirements of that script. At a minimum you would need to be on Illuminated plan, but given the ffmpeg requirement you might need to go VPS due to resources.

xweb3x10

Reaction score
I can see it offered to Free accts, not under Portals/CMS but under Social Networking. I haven't tried to install it though.

upload_2013-12-30_10-2-24.png

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, it appears Softaculous is allowing ph7cms to be installed on free hosting. However, Softaculous is bundled with hundreds of options that are picked by the creators of Softaculous and not us, and we cannot verify that every one of them will work on free hosting. We do try to remove some of the more popular ones from the listing that would violate the Terms of Service, but obviously we cannot review all of them.

In other words, Softaculous allowing the software to be installed doesn't necessarily mean it will work, and after reviewing the requirements of pH7CMS, it appears this social networking software wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.