i thought this hosting worked with magento?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danyelle

Reaction score
After spending ages searching for some free hosting to test out magento I got rather frustrated with the script autominstall which kept installing databases but not completing. I was attempting to install magento 1.9 from the drop down menu... It didn't complete but the installation seemed to be there so I logged into magento's admin and went to download stuff from magento connect where I got a huge error and then website broken.

So I figured the auto install didn't work correctly and proceeded to manually install magento 1.9 by ftping the files.

It worked. I got into magento. But now I have this error message on my multi sell tab which says this:
Properties Recommended Value Current Value
PHP Version>= 5.3.0 5.4.34
Memory Limit>= 256 MB 128 MB
Magento Version>= 1.4.1.0 1.9.0.1
Max Execution Time>= 360 sec 30 sec

Last edited:

danyelle

Reaction score
Is there a way to increase the memory limit to 256mb and the execution time to 360sec or does this host not support magento? Presumably if I upgraded for paid hosting from this webhost it wouldn't support magento either? So I am left wondering why this host advertises as suitable for magento?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
x10hosting will not increase the memory limit to 256mb and the execution time to 360sec - for free-hosting accounts

as for --> "So I am left wondering why this host advertises as suitable for magento?"
where did you see that ?

danyelle

Reaction score
x10hosting will not increase the memory limit to 256mb and the execution time to 360sec - for free-hosting accounts

as for --> "So I am left wondering why this host advertises as suitable for magento?"
where did you see that ?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...tps://www.x10hosting.com/&hl=en&gl=uk&strip=1
Ctrl F "free magento hosting"
!!!

That's why I signed up! So it doesn't support magento? So why does it offer a supposedly automatic installation of magentos versions then? If sign up will these settings be changed?

What a joke.

Last edited:

danyelle

Reaction score
The massive magento logo on the home page (here https://www.x10hosting.com/) doesn't mean anything then..... ?

How much do I have to pay to get this sorted? Any advice on the best plan for the settings I need?

Thanks

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi danyelle,

Magento should be working fine on our free hosting service, and we do offer web hosting designed to work with software such as Magento. Do these PHP values actually prevent Magento from performing its operations normally? 30 seconds should be plenty of time for execution time, and so should the memory limit. :)

Thank you,

danyelle

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I'll keep working through it. The error shows on the multi selling tab only. Thanks

danyelle

Reaction score
Just so I know, if I keep working with the multi selling tab and importing products etc and I come up against a problem because of these 2 settings is it possible to get these settings changed? I installed it here for testing. If I get it working in every other respect and need these settings can they be changed? Cheers.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
There's no reason Magento won't work--we have thousands of users using Magento.

I'm looking into an isolated issue on your server which is causing the installations to fail.

danyelle

Reaction score
from --> [ http://magento.com/resources/system-requirements ]
Memory_limit no less than 256Mb (preferably 512)

Wow. Not really for magento then. Feeling a bit misled at this point. Can someone tell me what the settings are for paid hosting and if x10hosting offer any package with these requirements? I don't want to sign up for 5 years if you are not a magento hoster. I am also wanting exec time of 360sec for m2e so would like to know this info please.

I'm looking into an isolated issue on your server which is causing the installations to fail.

If you mean me, I tried installing 1.9 magento via the basic themed cpanel a few times before I gave up and installed manually. I have magento working but it seems a bit slow etc, no wonder considering your site doesn't meet magento requirements. Now I have realised that I don't have access to the settings I need because I am stuck on cpanel basic instead of x3. No disc stats, no cronjob, no phpmyadmin. No wonder it is called "basic" theme. LOL :) Anyway if someone can switch me to x3 from your side it would be much appreciated. Cheers.

danyelle

Reaction score
Eeek! I guess getting numerous pages like this when trying to set up magento might be because of the memory and exec limits then?!

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at no-reply@x10hosting.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the settings are for paid hosting and if x10hosting offer any package with these requirements? I don't want to sign up for 5 years if you are not a magento hoster. I am also wanting exec time of 360sec for m2e so would like to know this info please.
for answers to most of your questions - see --> [ https://x10hosting.com/wiki/Plan_comparison ]

danyelle

Reaction score
for answers to most of your questions - see --> [ https://x10hosting.com/wiki/Plan_comparison ]
Oh my goodness. Tell me these are outdated!!??? 128mb and 45sec!
Magento is splashed around everywhere and even paid hosting from x10hosting does not meet the specifications for magento? This can't be right when the admin are so confident it will work for magento. I'll wait for a reply from admin first but if those specs are correct then I'm outta here.

danyelle

Reaction score
THe sign up links for each of the accounts don't work for me and I have never seen the 41c or $1 options before so I am guessing (hoping) this is old.

danyelle

Reaction score
here is a link to the current status of the Wiki - with date of Sept 17, 2014 --> [ http://community.x10hosting.com/threads/resolved-the-wiki.194605/ ]
Well I can't even sign up to those 41c and $1 plans advertised - the links don't work. So it must be outdated. I can't understand why everyone would expect magento to work if x10 really had those pony settings. :-( I await an admin. I am also awaiting an admin to swap me to x3 theme via the backend please. Thanks for your helpfulness bdistler.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Well I can't even sign up to those 41c and $1 plans advertised - the links don't work.
I just did a test of all four (4) links - I had no errors or issues
what if any error(s) do you receive ?

danyelle

Reaction score
I just did a test of all four (4) links - I had no errors or issues
what if any error(s) do you receive ?
Interesting. If I click to sign up, e.g the 41c plan, it just forwards me to https://www.x10hosting.com/sso/main and then asks me to log in, I log in and then it sends me to the basic theme view. No invitation to sign up. Is this because I am stuck on basic theme. I really need admin to put me on x3 theme since the link to change themes doesn't work for me. Maybe the sign up links will work when I am on x3. Are you on x3? What's it looks like? Can you give a screenshot? It has lots of settings? I have never seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.