i thought this hosting worked with magento?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Interesting. If I click to sign up, e.g the 41c plan, it just forwards me to https://www.x10hosting.com/sso/main and then asks me to log in, I log in and then it sends me to the basic theme view. No invitation to sign up. Is this because I am stuck on basic theme.
for the [ Prime ] or [ Illuminated ] upgrade - you need to log-in to your free-hosting account
AFAIK [ x10hosting Basic ] is the same as [ cPanel X3 ] - after you log-in to ether one - you click on [ Upgrades and Support ] - at top and to the left on the page

As for why you need to log-in to your account...
5. You must have an existing Free Hosting account in order to purchase Prime or Illuminated. Your existing Free Hosting account will be upgraded to the new plan.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Danyelle,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties switching your theme. I went ahead and switched your theme manually for you, and I'll take a look into why it may not be working.

As for the wiki article, the current information I'm seeing on the servers suggests that the information on the article is actually out-of-date, as it is 128MB on free hosting & Illuminated for the memory limit, and appears to be 512MB on the premium hosting servers. I will double-check this value with another staff member to check this is correct before updating this page. I'm sure you have gathered already that our wiki is in need of a bit of spring cleaning! :)

It is interesting that you are having some difficulties with your Magento installation, however, as Magento should work fine even with 128MB of memory and 30 seconds execution time, as this is a fairly large amount to have for these values in any case. The Execution Time should not, theoretically, affect page rendering at all, as the max_execution_time value is the maximum number of seconds that the page will load for. The values of these two variables should not prohibit you to use Magento, and it should still function normally. We've known Magento to work on our service for a long time, as have the thousands of other users running Magento on our service, and I'm curious as to why these issues may be arising.

Just to clarify - are you still receiving Internal Server Errors on your site? :)

Thank you,

Last edited:

danyelle

Reaction score
for the [ Prime ] or [ Illuminated ] upgrade - you need to log-in to your free-hosting account
AFAIK [ x10hosting Basic ] is the same as [ cPanel X3 ] - after you log-in to ether one - you click on [ Upgrades and Support ] - at top and to the left on the page
Thanks for your reply, but the issue was the theme switcher isn't working, as said by others on other threads. Since it did the same action when I tried to switch and when I went to the link I thought maybe it could be the same error....

Hi Danyelle,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties switching your theme. I went ahead and switched your theme manually for you, and I'll take a look into why it may not be working. :)

As for the wiki article, the current information I'm seeing on the servers suggests that the information on the article is actually out-of-date, as it is 128MB on free hosting & Illuminated for the memory limit, and appears to be 512MB on the premium hosting servers. I will double-check this value with another staff member to check this is correct before updating this page. I'm sure you have gathered already that our wiki is in need of a bit of spring cleaning! :)

It is interesting that you are having some difficulties with your Magento installation, however, as Magento should work fine even with 128MB of memory and 30 seconds execution time, as this is a fairly large amount to have for these values in any case. The Execution Time should not, theoretically, affect page rendering at all, as the max_execution_time value is the maximum number of seconds that the page will load for. The values of these two variables should not prohibit you to use Magento, and it should still function normally. We've known Magento to work on our service for a long time, as have the thousands of other users running Magento on our service, and I'm curious as to why these issues may be arising. :)

Just to clarify - are you still receiving Internal Server Errors on your site? :)
Thank you,

Thanks for switching me to x3. You should have this on my default for new users in my opinion since it is similar to other webhosts.
Thanks for checking the memory is 512mb if I upgrade. That meets requirements of magento and m2e plugin (which I am using).
Please check the max exec time again as m2e requires 360sec. Is it possible it can be switched on at all?
Yes I got the Internal Server Errors a few times when I was trying to download products using m2e. There was only 25 and I got errors. I need to import 600+ products for the finished site but 25 is OK for testing right now. I think I would need the 360sec if I upgraded so if there is a way to do this please let me know.
I have developed sites using 000freewbhost in the past and I can say that your service is far superior because they do not allow a magento installation at all, so thanks for that. From what I've seen in x3 theme I'd be happy to recommend your site for simpler websites. I have a few wordpress sites so I mayb try your service with wordpress also. I don't know if it meets the requirements for woocommerce? I don't think it is as intensive as magento with m2e.

Thanks

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, but the issue was the theme switcher isn't working, as said by others on other threads. Since it did the same action when I tried to switch and when I went to the link I thought maybe it could be the same error....

Thanks for switching me to x3. You should have this on my default for new users in my opinion since it is similar to other webhosts.
Thanks for checking the memory is 512mb if I upgrade. That meets requirements of magento and m2e plugin (which I am using).
Please check the max exec time again as m2e requires 360sec. Is it possible it can be switched on at all?
Yes I got the Internal Server Errors a few times when I was trying to download products using m2e. There was only 25 and I got errors. I need to import 600+ products for the finished site but 25 is OK for testing right now. I think I would need the 360sec if I upgraded so if there is a way to do this please let me know.
I have developed sites using 000freewbhost in the past and I can say that your service is far superior because they do not allow a magento installation at all, so thanks for that. From what I've seen in x3 theme I'd be happy to recommend your site for simpler websites. I have a few wordpress sites so I mayb try your service with wordpress also. I don't know if it meets the requirements for woocommerce? I don't think it is as intensive as magento with m2e.

Thanks

On Premium, you will be able to set a custom execution timeout--however it will still be limited by the Reverse Proxy server timeout--however you shouldn't reach this.

danyelle

Reaction score
On Premium, you will be able to set a custom execution timeout--however it will still be limited by the Reverse Proxy server timeout--however you shouldn't reach this.
Approx what is the "Reverse Proxy server timeout" going to limit it to? Nowhere near 360secs I guess? You know roughly how the m2e plugin works, right? It drags hundreds of ebay/amazon listings down via api so they can populate as magento products.... It's not something you need to do every day but when you do do it, you need oomph. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.