Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Firefox 2

Votes: 154 82.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 15 8.0%

• Total voters

Veivei

Reaction score
I like Firefox better than IE, well like the other says that it's faster than IE and the tabs is very handy to open multiple sites at once.

engsherif

Reaction score
FF2 is very good in everything *bookmarking *tabs managing *history *a lot of addons *beautiful themes *free of charge .........................elc

chunsiang

Reaction score
FIREFOX ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF!

its VERY customizable
its more secure than IE
its runs faster thatn IE
and its theme pawns IE by a million times :D

disturbedart

Reaction score
FF for me, runs smoother, and i used firefox first cause it supported tab browser before IE so i changed to it and stuck to it.

sourabhj

Reaction score
Hi
I think Firefox is the best
As its very fast and open source its continously improving,with tons of freely available plugins etc.It has inbuilt password manager which is far better than ie7 autocomplete.and the most important its not bulky like ie7.
I like It very much.

Sourabhj

nomore

Reaction score
i have Avant Browser so....
but if i have to choose, so IE, since FF make designs break if they are cooded wrong, IE just fix em ;)

NoMore

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Opera is way better and faster than Firefox, but I use Firefox because Opera's interface doesn't match GNOME, and Firefox being open source is a plus.

legendphil

Reaction score
Firefox.

I used to have problems doing CSS with the old version of IE, so I began using FF often ever since. I still use IE in extremely rare occasions (when I feel like using it to kill time, makes life slow and feel longer).

Last edited:

sakuraguy

Reaction score
My vote is on IE7, since i trust its capability more .. Firefox is just a lame since can run properly in much sites. Flashes are blocked n stuffs like that.

IE rules!

0mfg0rz

Reaction score
I prefer to use IE 7, not because of the security. I just use it for the usability. I have always used IE, but for security or running transactions, i used firefox, for it's added security features. But otherwise, i'l use IE 7 for my general day browsing and computing.

- 0mfg0rz

Rolyin

Reaction score
My vote is on IE7, since i trust its capability more .. Firefox is just a lame since can run properly in much sites. Flashes are blocked n stuffs like that.

IE rules!

It's probably the way you have it set up, FF works fine for me. All the sites I visit seem to work fine on FF and flash works normal....
Have a look on FF site for help because I think to be honest that IE is the worst browser out of the lot of them.

kaixi

Reaction score
Neither of them is the best. The best is Opera, it's the fastest and most secure browser. Regarding technology, Opera is years ahead its competitors.

Rolyin

Reaction score
Prasad explain, that is the whole point of this topic (I think) to see why each user prefferes their browser.

I just noticed there are no linux browsers mentioned eg. Konqueror

Last edited:

davejohns

Reaction score
Well i have both installed on my Home PC, and i use both for different tasks. Ultimately though IE is king within a Corporate environment. And this is because:

The most significant advantage of IE is that you can centrally manage it using Group Policies. You always want to configure all applications as homogenous as possible in a big network. Sometimes it is necessary to change the settings of all web browsers in your company. For example you might want to change the start page of all browsers or enable/disable certain functions or add new bookmarks, etc.

When it comes to security in a corporate network, the main question should be how fast and how easy you can patch all your computers. The larger your network is, the more important this point gets. Firefox has an integrated update mechanism which is quite useful for private users, but doesn’t help much in a corporate environment. Because of security issues, normal users are usually not allowed to install software on their computers which also means that they can’t install patches.

If you are a Windows administrator, you probably know that Microsoft offers a free patch management solution. WSUS (Windows Software Update Services) certainly is a great tool. Of course, you can patch IE using WSUS. There are third party patch management solutions which also support Firefox though. If you are already using such a program, patch management might not be something that troubles you too much when you have to decide which web browser to use in your network. However, if you are also using WSUS, patching IE might be less time consuming than patching Firefox with a third party solution. At least, this is true for patch management solutions I’ve seen.

There are many desktop applications which use the rendering engine of IE to display HTML files. There also server-based applications which need an IE and won’t work with just another browser. With the success of Firefox at least the latter’s argument doesn’t hold much anymore since many webmasters don’t want to lock out this large clientele.

However, there are still many desktop apps which are IE dependent. Some of them aren’t dependent on the rendering engine of IE, but integrate themselves in the user interface of IE. Adobe Arcobat is such an application for example. Even if you don’t have one of them in your company now, you’ll never know if this might not change in the future. The point is that if you need IE anyway, why you should deploy and support another browser in your network?

I wouldn’t recommend it for corporate use in larger networks. There are exceptions of course: If all your desktops use Linux or Mac OS. But if you have Windows desktops, the only reason I could think of, is that you really need a certain feature of Firefox which you is not available in IE.

Lavoaster

Reaction score
I prefer firefox because once i built a website that broke up in IE and Didn't in Firefox

davejohns

Reaction score
I prefer firefox because once i built a website that broke up in IE and Didn't in Firefox

So you changed browser instead of fixing your code?:dunno:

So that means the 90% of the rest of the world that use IE couldnt see your page:cool:

Last edited:

prasad

Reaction score
Prasad explain, that is the whole point of this topic (I think) to see why each user prefferes their browser.

I just noticed there are no linux browsers mentioned eg. Konqueror
Well okay then :)
In my opinion FF is more secure a browser than IE. It also features a much nicer more user friendly interface IMO. Finally you can enhance your browsing experience with FF add-ons or extensions, like ad-block plus and YouTube video downloader :D Also, an online game I play (Utopia) prefers that browser and requires it for enhanced functionality through add-ons. I also like my Enhanced Gmail add-on :)
The tabbed browsing features in FF are also MUCH better than in IE, especially with the use of more add-ons for additional tabbed browsing preferences. That just about covers it ;)