Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Firefox 2

Votes: 154 82.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 15 8.0%

• Total voters

Elements

Reaction score
IE is nice but insecure, and like zero5854 said, since it is part of your OS, an attack can leave your entire system vulnerable.
Firefox is nice, though not as flashy as IE. The thing that sells me, however, is not just the security, but the number and quality of the add-ons. I'm still amazed by Firebug (go get it. seriously.), and I use FireFTP every time I update my site here on x10.

Honestly, I don't know of anything I would use IE for (except taking up space....? :)

~ Ash

ArNoX

Reaction score
I dont like Firefox..it shows internet pages diffrent and sometimes they can be destroyed when you view with Firefox...it loads up realy slow and it is created from Linux witch i dont like..

I recommend for best, more secure, and much faster browsing, and the new great look, the new

!!! IE7 - Internet Explorer 7 !!!

Read more about it here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/default.mspx

Last edited:

Rolyin

Reaction score
Im sorry but what the hell made you think IE was secure?
When I used that I got tones of crap off the internet then I changed to FF and I got barely any.
Now im on Opera and don't get a thing :D

edsthread

Reaction score
Firefox is definitely my choice. The range of plugin, the way it parses data. But probably best is the security options .

Ed

davejohns

Reaction score
Im sorry but what the hell made you think IE was secure?
When I used that I got tones of crap off the internet then I changed to FF and I got barely any.
Now im on Opera and don't get a thing :D

Well i use IE and ive never had a virus, dont get any unwanted popups and dont get browsing problems.

darkstang

Reaction score
I voted firefox, but it's just strange that only IE and Firefox are options. What about Netscape? Opera? Seamonkey? Just to name a few...

darkstang

Reaction score
IE6 was not really good..but belive me people the new Internet Explorer 7
that have come out year 2007 its much more secure, better and faster then Firefox..Please read more here and you will see the differents:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/default.mspx
<sarcasm>Oh yes, it's much more secure than firefox.</sarcasm>
Current and known security flaws with IE7
http://secunia.com/product/12366/?task=advisories_2007

Current and known security flaws with Firefox
http://secunia.com/product/12434/?task=advisories_2007

Last edited:

Rolyin

Reaction score
lookin at that there isnt much difference...

Edit.
Didnt read it fully tho, it didn't make much sense to me.

Last edited:

mehtab

Reaction score
Both firefox and IE are no good. I like Opera which is much better and virus free and consumes less memory then both FF and IE.

sms_dre

Reaction score
voted Firefox, no contest in my opinion.

I only know one person that says otherwise, and hes just stubborn.

FF's security does it for me, as well as all the handy features that i use.

sms

chewett

Reaction score
ff is so much better due to the customisability of it all.

and the greatest thing i think is that you can get an ad block thingy. my security package wanted £10 more for an add block and you get it for free

im getting that Mouse Gestures thingy

sms_dre

Reaction score
The mouse gestures is very useful, definitely one of the best add-ons along with Ad-Block Plus

sizzla

Reaction score
IE7 starts up very fast. FF doesn't. And yes i have a clean pc.

pixxel

Banned
Reaction score
The ONLY problem with internet explorer is activex - such a great technology with such a stupid implementation, and thus such a great probability of misusing it.If you simply disallow activex on your internet explorer, you'll practically get to 80% of security that firefox and opera have. With activex enabled, that level is below 20%...
I am kinda used to use firefox - it is a natural companion to my browsing habits since netscape navigator first appeared.
Positive sides of firefox are strict compliance with w3c standards and html/css coding standards, which gives you perfect web page, if you follow same standards. Internet explorer uses different engine, which has its own standards, which are almost-compliant, but not 100%. So if you ever stumble upon a site that is shown properly in internet explorer, and not in opera or firefox, that has to do with moron web designer, not with bad browser...