Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Firefox 2

Votes: 154 82.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 15 8.0%

• Total voters

Psoewish

Reaction score
I've only been reading the first few comments on this subject so I'm gonna comment on those I guess =)

- About the lazyness to open new tabs: You can middle-click on any link to open it in a new tab, I middle-click the Google link which sits in my Personal Toolbar A LOT, but of course you can just middle-click the "home" button as well :)

- Opera should have been added indeed, though I don't use it, many people do and it's very popular as well ...

- I LOVE the extensions you can have in FF. I don't think I could ever live without my answers.com addon ^_^

wwshop

Reaction score
You can middle-click on any link to open it in a new tab

GENIUS! i never knew that. thanks a lot.

i think ff is great because of all the addons and the faster loading speed.
some sites i visit require ie7 so i just have the ie tab addon.

best addons (imo)
-firesomething (changes "Mozilla Firefox to something random like "Omfg thunderpig")
-ctrltab preview (lets you ctrltab through your tabs just like atl-tab)
-ie tab (stated above)
best of all:
-abp (ad block plus; self explanatory)

alfren

Reaction score
wew!! FIREFOX THE BEST BROWSER i've EVER USE! lol....

Firefox gets my vote because firefox is much faster and better and much user friendly than internet explorer...

magnolia_sara

Reaction score
For me, I am currently using both right now. Firefox definitely is the faster one compared the two, but many sites I required to go for school-related works only work in IE. Plus, I am more used to IE, so I voted for IE.

Shishir

Reaction score
Well My fav is also Opera with which I am currently browsing. Between the two I liked IE7. Just for its look I think it gets some extra point.

mitamata

Reaction score
I'm using both and a third as well: Avant Browser.

I choose the browser based on what I'm doing. If I'm looking for something/working, I like Avant best because of the url alias - it helps me get to google, wikipedia and other favourites really fast. If it were a bit more stable, I'd never use any other browser.

In most other cases, I use IE7. I actually find it works faster on my computer than Firefox. The only drawback is that it doesn't know how to exit normally, it always crashes. lol. But as long as I keep it open, it works ok.

The only reason I use Mozilla is because I ocassionally need two sets of cookies for a site. lol

duckyinc

Reaction score
Opera is best :p, it's so useful and it's better then both firefox and internet explorer. It just needs more people to try it..

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
IE isn't that good and FF is being slow for me not loading youtube..

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
It has been firefox for me from the time it was released....I too had a lot of problems with popups, adware and the kind. But now I am using firefox for good. But sometimes...sometimes, It becomes necessary to use IE because some websites support only IE.

kemraj

Reaction score
To me firefox is 10 times better than that of the normal browser in your pc. Firefox allows developers to make new extensions to be added to the browser for you to use at your disposal. Its alot more faster and has better funtionabilty with css files where iexplorer will show it distorted. fire fox allows you to tab new pages where the other don't, It occupies less resources like ram on your pc if you are comparing it to multiple windows on the iexplorer when firefox can just tab the windows together. ect

Chris73

Reaction score
I have used IE6 which i thought was better than IE7 due to the fact that using IE7 is like trying to play an online game when the min requirements are 2X more than your PC's Max capability.

But then i found FireFox. It was an answer to all my web browsing problems.. It has Speed it has Tabs instead of opening a new browser, It took my bookmarked locations from IE and implemented them into it's bookmarks. Like what was said in a prior post. The security alone made my choice that much easier. I think All systems should come with a temporary browser. That way the user has there choice of which browser will suit there needs the best.

So in the end it's gimmie FireFox or Gimmie Death. So to speak.

Last edited:

imimii

Reaction score
Firefox all the way!

Browsing was changed for me forever when I installed firefox + addblock plus + cookiesafe + noscript. webpages are so much safer and cleaner now. ;)

Tomcenc

Reaction score
Firefox by far the best. I hate it when my perfectly valid CSS website gets perfectly displayed in Firefox, only to open it in I.E. 7 to see it has screwed up things (not to talk about I.E. 6). :before :after? Why aren't they supported! Opacity? Why do I have to use filter opacity to achieve the same effect in I.E. Irremovable padding and margin. I.E. screws up in every possible way.

Firefox is more secure, has a great amount of add-ons and skins. Is lightning fast with the right add-ons and I just love Firebug and Add-block plus.

I do have to agree though that on Microsoft standards, Internet Explorer 7 is a great achievement over Internet Explorer 6, supporting most CSS 2 properties and doing a more than worse/less than decent job in rendering. Incorporating important features such as tabbed browsing so the masses can learn how to browse the web properly and taking a great risk by adding many new features that might scare away newcomers.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Firefox. I hate it at college when we are FORCED to use Internet Explorer (I get very huffy about the IE Tabs not working like firefox ones :p)

Dazz

Reaction score
Definitely Firefox, I use both but side with FF everytime. It is faster, It is safer, It is ..............better.

Did try IE7 but it sucked like an electrolux so went back to 6 which sucks but is better by far than 7.

:biggrin: