Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Firefox 2

Votes: 154 82.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 15 8.0%

• Total voters

darkstang

Reaction score
Firefox. I hate it at college when we are FORCED to use Internet Explorer (I get very huffy about the IE Tabs not working like firefox ones :p)
I notice that this happens at a lot of non-tech advanced schools. My school's tech department practically begs everybody to use Firefox, Opera, or Netscape over IE.

lee-pro

Reaction score
Definitely Firefox. It's just so sleek, nice and highly customisable, thanks to the fact that most of the parts are written in open JavaScript, which makes it easy to mod without recompiling. I think that makes it a lot better than the messy work you would find in IE 7 and Konqueror. Don't be fooled, Konqueror makes a really good file manager, but it lacks the good stuffs you find in Firefox.

Chris73

Reaction score
They are blocked because you just have to adjust settings. IE7 is like trying to drive a tank on a highway... the speed limit might be 75 but you can't get the thing over 35.

My point: If i wanted something slow i would go with IE7. I want something functional and has great addons capabilities and speed, not to mention the Tabbed window feature alone was a big turn on for me.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Somehow Firefox isn't updating stored pages for me. When I change my index it doesn't update.

Vipey

Reaction score
I've used FireFox for a good hour or so (not long really) and I can't get to grips with it, but boy it is a smexy piece of software.

I voted IE though as I haven't spent to much time with FireFox and I find IE so much easyer to use!

lee-pro

Reaction score
Somehow Firefox isn't updating stored pages for me. When I change my index it doesn't update.

It happens, and the only way around it is to override the cache, press Ctrl+Shift+R. It is occurs in IE as well.

jayant

Reaction score
Both are better. I work in IE for site development and for testing uses firefox, so in future there should be no problem to work either in IE or firefox. I found that directly work on firefox creates many errors and takes lot time to fix then rather than IE. I still need to fix many problems in website at now, because firefox do not support many things. I will recommend the IE most.

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
Links FTW! I'm at work and viewing non-work sites in Links makes it look like I'm kinda doing work. Kinda.

faolan

Reaction score
Having read through the first 7 pages of this, I've seen a few good arguments for both sides. I come into this from having been an IE4 support tech when it launched, and I've used both Firefox and IE for quite a while.

I agree that IE is excellent for a corporate platform. The integration and update capability within a large unit is ideal for IT teams to keep current, as compared to allowing Joe 6-pack User to do the updating, which is often spotty at best.

For private users (having no experience with Opera), I would have to say Firefox is the better option. One of the reasons that it has stayed ahead of IE in the tabbed browser and addon arena is due to the fact that it was the original one of the two to start it. As such, it does have the better options there.

The security is also much better for the home user. For someone who doesn't have much experience, it does a pretty good job. For someone with more experience, they can lock down the browser even more.

Finally, with Firefox being open source one could almost say that there is a far larger dev team working on the browser at all times. Again, another plus.

I will say I have both IE and Firefox on my system, and I use Firefox unless I must use IE, or I need to check my webpages as I design them. Ultimately, like any other 'which is best', this argument is entirely up to the individual.

shaunak

Reaction score
I personally HATE Internet Explorer. Not that I have anything against Bill Gates etc.

I dont even hate it for its security issues.

But simply because I have to spend hours, and days modding my CSS code just because a bunch of paid developers cant get their browser to interpret CSS!

I prefer opera any day, because:
1> it passes the acid2 test [IE fails miserably]
2> Its got everything integrated. Download manager, a bit torrent client, a mail client ...etc

I don't mind using Firefox though.

Last edited:

intheclutch

Reaction score
It was IE for me until I got used to FF. It seems like FF loads a lot quicker. Also, the extensions are great, especially NoScript.

It took me awhile to get used to FF, and I almost stuck with IE.

I use IE now when FF doesn't work on a site for whatever reason, but my main browser is FF.

Last edited:

Ryutso

Reaction score
I personally use FF more, because of the fact that it has been customizable from the start. IE only recently started adding plug ins and some you even have to pay for, which I think is just crap. We pay for the Windows OS yet we get IE free and then we have to pay to modify it?! The nerve.

FF is also very easy to rebuild. I use the portable version of FF very much in school and it was very easy to condense onto a 64 Mb memory stick for portable use. FF also doesn't mess up my CSS/HTML on my site like IE does, and IE mauls it.

Goshinx

Reaction score
in my opinion firefox is a much better browser then internet explorer. when i use to use internet explorer with popup blocker i would still get loads and loads of pop ups.

firefox lets me do so much more with my browsign experience, block annoying ads with noscript, controll my music with foxy tunes and so much more.....

the only time i use ie is when i'm testing my websites

conex

Reaction score
Firefox is better, more security and stability... and firefox is very customizable with plugins and themes, i love firefox! is a freeware explorer.

Internet Explorer have a lot of problems with exploits and popups, and for update the IE6 to 7 you need an Authenticated Windows License

KenPaulio

Reaction score
The best of the both is Firefox in my opinion. The main reason is because Firefox is faster and modificational
like you can change the theme, add new things to it, personalize it, etc. Second reason is that IE *OPINION* has more holes than 50 Cent...

naynesh

Reaction score
I would choose firefox because Mozilla Firefox is a graphical web browser developed by the Mozilla Corporation, and a large community of external contributors. Firefox started as a fork of the Navigator browser component of the Mozilla Application Suite. Firefox has replaced the Mozilla Suite as the flagship product of the Mozilla project, under the direction of the Mozilla Foundation.I chose this because you can chage the skins of this product and have add-ons and you can have add-ons which enable you to listen to music while exploring the web!