If you ran x10hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

komodolinux

Reaction score
well a script for notifying people as to why they are banned or an autoreply to an unsubscribing request may save people leaving if they get banned. it is a courtesy really more than anything. small courtesies of any sort help people feel they belong somewhere.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
you know were you could get one corey? us... lol, make it something that we as people on the forum would do, like a small project. hey, it would work, then you wouldnt have to "pay" for one and all

bmcniff

Reaction score
if i ran X10 i would have different levels.
3 free ones, and a monthly, quarterly, and annual option.
The monthly option would be worst of paid, but better than best free, etc. etc.
Another thing is I would sell AS impressions in the store, as well as review staff applications, and respond within 3 -4 days.

two4one

Reaction score
darkd45 said:
you know were you could get one corey? us... lol, make it something that we as people on the forum would do, like a small project. hey, it would work, then you wouldnt have to "pay" for one and all
i agree with this guy , thats a good idea ,some coding professionals using this host should come forward ....
bad part is that i am still a learner.....

komodolinux

Reaction score
well it would also provide potential support candidates too as it would give people a chance to demonstrate scripting abilities etc.

ak007

Reaction score
If I Ran X10hosting
I Won't Hire Untrained Staff ;)

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
And where do you get trained staff for free? ;)

If anyone is good with PHP\MySQL I'll be happy to give points or something for help with coding. I don't see too many volunteers though :)

-Corey

hartap

Reaction score
hartap said:
Before i suggest something here, there's some question i want to ask: Is X10hosting running paid plans or no, because if no, i don't get the reason why you build this hosting think.. where's the money come from .? ads ..? which one get the big paid?
so this is mys suggestion:
1. If no paid plans, i make one.
2. Find someones to be marketing people, who sells the ads in the community.
3. Make company, and start hire people.
4. Change the free plan future.
(1000 mb,2500mb ..? who needs that much ? what for ..? file stored..? i rather start it with 100,200,300 mb)
5. i agree about make the shop cheeper but not the domain, it will be ruin the company money.

hmm maybe corey you must specify your question...
so like i said in my past posting.. i just focus on how to make money...
oke.. i make detail my oppinion
1. what the biggest value of this community....? PEOPLE and Visitor. So Make some proposal for advertising and try send that to some company.
2. Make some site thats will bring this community any profits. Post the project in the forum and asking some people who want to volunteer, and gift them some reward like point or maybe some hosting future (like move them to different server, and give them no ads hosting).
3. I see your hosting get more stable now, so you can running a paid plans, and from what i know.. you can run it by your self.
4. If the google ads really true bringing money to your hosting, why not ask people to click it .. yeah maybe once a day or once a week. (i click it when i log to my site).
5. same with number 1..., but this with asking community help to find some company who willing sign ads with this hosting. and give the user reward like hosting future.

i will add again if something cross my mind

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Corey said:
And where do you get trained staff for free? ;)

If anyone is good with PHP\MySQL I'll be happy to give points or something for help with coding. I don't see too many volunteers though :)

-Corey

If that's actually asking if anyone here would be willing to help you with PHP/MySQL, (I'm not sure if it is or not, because of the way it's worded and all.), I'm more then willing to help out.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it is... if anyone is good with writing scripts with PHP\MySQL. Putting some of these recommendations into place would be nice .

-Corey

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Well... I could help.. Do you want me to? By saying "Putting some of these recommendations into place", are you refering to the suggestion I made about creating a script to:

NedreN said:
implement a better system of checking accounts for violating the TOS, (Such as some program/script that would get a list of all accounts/URLs, then one by one, go through them and check if a certain "part" of the ad code is located in the source of the page, if it wasn't, add the account/site to a list to have checked by hand by a mod/admin.)

I could attempt to do that, if that's what you are meaning. I would just need, a list of accounts..

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
PHP:
$usrArray = getDirFiles("/var/cpanel/users/");

That will give you a list of users into $usrArray

-Corey

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
if you need help nedren i will be on tomorrow from 3pm-1am central time (US) and can help you out if you need it

and corey, you sure it will let you acsess the users without a admin pass?

otherwise you can make a script that displays all users, uses a MySQL database to store there info when you click their name, and next to it says, suspended, or normal to know, and maybe pending if it hasnt been checked yet, then the person who checks it can click that and change the status and say the date they checked

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I was just giving the general usage if it was to be executed from SSH.

-Corey

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
ok, i was just wondering...

still think it should be a small "panel" so that the account managers can use it to keep track of accounts so they dont have to be like "um, it looks like your account has been terminated" and stuff

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Corey, your able to call that function and have it return an array with the users? It's undefined to me, and I assume, anyone else. Well I know your able to use it, or you wouldn't have posted it.

Also, permission is denied for anyone with jsut a hosting account to access that directory:

Warning: opendir(../../../../var/cpanel/users/): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/nedren/public_html/help/index.php on line 9

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, only I can do it from root :)

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.