Illuminated Server is Unreachable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinoraptor101

Reaction score
This morning I woke up to a call that my website is down. .I'm running on Illuminated server which recently moved to the private cloud ( December 2nd 2014 )
My IP Address 198.91.81.3 is unreachable and my FTP profile times out.. I can't even open the x10hosting control panel.

However strangely enough my other website running on a different IP address works fine?? what's going on?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
My IP Address 198.91.81.3 is unreachable and my FTP profile times out... However strangely enough my other website running on a different IP address works fine?? what's going on?
you have two (2) or more accounts with x10hosting
the account with IP [ 198.91.81.3 ] is on x10hosting's free-hosting server [ xo3 ] - which is NOT a Illuminated server
and is down to the Internet - right now

EDIT - at about 15:26 2015-02-03 UTC - [ xo3 ] is back up

Last edited:

Dinoraptor101

Reaction score
But I have an illuminated server and I added the new site darkinlastgame.tk to the Illuminated Control panel? how did it end up on a free-server, and if I DID do something wrong are there valid steps I can do to transfer my new site to the illuminated server? or can x10Hosting Staff move it for me?
NOTE: The Free-Server is up and running again! yay!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Your node was changed in our backend system while it was trying to automatically "fix" an issue with the login system last month. It tried to be smart and found your old account on XO3. I've switched this back to Illuminated. Your files, databases, etc were all on Illuminated, it's just the login system was pointing you to the wrong place.

Please let me know if you're missing any data you uploaded to XO3, and I can resync it back to Illuminated.

Dinoraptor101

Reaction score
Your node was changed in our backend system while it was trying to automatically "fix" an issue with the login system last month. It tried to be smart and found your old account on XO3. I've switched this back to Illuminated. Your files, databases, etc were all on Illuminated, it's just the login system was pointing you to the wrong place.

Please let me know if you're missing any data you uploaded to XO3, and I can resync it back to Illuminated.

Hi there!! oh well .. here's the thing.. x10hosting.com directs me to x03 cPanel instead of illuminated.. and when I manually accessed illuminated (https://illuminated.x10hosting.com:2083/cpsess*********) I had to re-add the domain because it wasn't listed??.. and the domain file directory is empty.. that means my file data is on x03 server. I don't mind re uploading it but the problem is I can't access it through my ftp ( happened after your update )
I'm trying to get to ftp.dinoraptor101.x10.mx which is my MAIN access.. and getting a time 503 authentication error.. even after updating my password.

Dinoraptor101

Reaction score
Umm I think Illuminated server is down as a whole?? I tried a ping..

---------------------------------------------------------
dave@dave-HP-ProBook-6555b:~$ ping -c 10 illuminated.x10hosting.com
PING illuminated.x10hosting.com (162.253.224.37) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- illuminated.x10hosting.com ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 9070ms

dave@dave-HP-ProBook-6555b:~$

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
at about 17:03 2015-02-03 UTC
I see more than one site on the Illuminated server as up

ping IP [ 162.253.224.37 ] with five (5) packets - zero loss

Last edited:

Dinoraptor101

Reaction score
at about 17:03 2015-02-03 UTC
I see more than one site on the Illuminated server as up

Do I need to change my DNS nameservers?? it's currently on ns1.x10hosting.com / ns2.x10hosting.com
My websites, dinoraptor101.com and darkinlastgame.tk are down.. I can't reach the file manager on illuminated.x10hosting.com server ...
Is there a problem with my Illuminated access?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
at domain [ dinoraptor101.com ] ( IP 162.253.224.37 ) - I 'see' your WordPress site
at domain [ darkinlastgame.tk ] ( IP 162.253.224.37 ) - I 'see' - "Index of /"

there is still a "DNS propagation" delay of domain [ darkinlastgame.tk ]

Last edited:

Dinoraptor101

Reaction score
at domain [ dinoraptor101.com ] ( IP 162.253.224.37 ) - I 'see' your WordPress site
at domain [ darkinlastgame.tk ] ( IP 162.253.224.37 ) - I 'see' - "Index of /"

there is still a "DNS propagation" delay of domain [ darkinlastgame.tk ]

Ok good I'm re-uploading data to darkinlastgame.tk's folder.. but I need to access the cPanel. I can't switch back from the Basic theme.. I need cpanel theme.. It's a known issue. only a staff member can switch you back for now..

---------------------
Thanks for the help and lots of patience bdistler.. your fast replies helped me trace back the problem. I managed to manually work around the basic theme to access my files and databases.. and now that hard part is over..

I couldn't have done it without you all.. :) I"m so happy now

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dino,

You were blocked by the firewall fro too many incorrect FTP logins to illumianted. I've removed the block.

Dinoraptor101

Reaction score
Hi Dino,

You were blocked by the firewall fro too many incorrect FTP logins to illumianted. I've removed the block.

FACEPALM T__T I was stressed.. ?? Umm In other news... my ftp portal ( ftp.dinoraptor101.x10.mx ) and main website dinoraptor101.x10.mx are still pointing to xo3 ( 198.91.81.3 ) so I can't access the illuminated ftp unless I go through ftp.darkinlastgame.tk ? can we fix that?

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
I've updated the DNS records for your hostname. They may take a few hours to propagate out.

Dinoraptor101

Reaction score
I've updated the DNS records for your hostname. They may take a few hours to propagate out.
:cat: AWESOME!! :cat:

I'm still stuck on "Basic" theme, leafy can you please switch me back to cPanel-x3? :oops: I promise that's the last thing I'll ask of you today.

:facepalm: Just realized the difference between a DNS name server and a Server URL.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You should now be on the cpanel-x3 theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.