Internal Server Error For days now - I have ascertained all permissions are NOT 0755

Status
Not open for further replies.

myblackf15049

Reaction score
Internal Server Error For days now - I have ascertained all permissions are NOT 0777

Hello, I have read up on seemingly many other posters with the same issue.
I have followed all suggestions:
Ascertained all permissions were 0755 or less and had even deleted the htacess ( but put it back after many fruitless attempts ).

Really do appreciate the excellent free hosting. Would you please be so kind to look into what may be giving me the constant Internal Server Errors?

HTTP Status: 500 (Internal Server Error)
Internal status: error
XHR ReadyState: 4
Raw server response:

Thank you kindly.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Internal Server Error For days now - I have ascertained all permissions are NOT 0

Hello,

I have clicked around on various links on your site, and has not encountered the 500 error.

Once possible cause is the script exceeding 60 seconds execution time, which could happen if the server was temporarily very slow.

Another thing that often is the cause is when having "clean urls" enabled, you need to also make sure "RewriteBase /" is in the .htaccess file, noted that you do not currently have that option enabled, but wanted to add that information in case you previously had when seeing the 500 errors.

myblackf15049

Reaction score
Re: Internal Server Error For days now - I have ascertained all permissions are NOT 0

Thank you Anna, but as you noticed it is very slow and I am still getting those errors. It happens every other 5 clicks. I have added "RewriteBase /" as you had suggested but it still gives me the error. I had not had these errors before and started to happen after all the other problems that happened on Boru.

Please help.

Thank you very much.

The error I get:
"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, no-reply@x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Hello,

Please check your file permissions of all your php scripts, php files should be set to 644 and any file that requires writing permissions should be set to 755 (usually config files e.g config.php). Also if you use rewrite_mod for any software you're using please ensure Rewritebase / is inside your .htaccess file. Also if any php scripts execute for more than 60 seconds they will be killed by the server and produce this error. If you have any further problems please re-open this ticket by going to the "administrative" button at the top of the original post.

myblackf15049

Reaction score

I am at your mercy. I have done everything as instructed and I am still getting this error.
Please be so kind to assist. I have spent so many hours trying to figure this out just after I was able to restore my database from the boru maintenance down.

Thank you in advance.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, no-reply@x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Hello, can you please provide the exact date/time you get one of these errors and post your timezone so we can check our logs.

myblackf15049

Reaction score

Hello HellSheep and thank you. Actually it happened invariably. However, this evening it seems to be working OK now. I will keep checking until tomorrow and then graciously ask to close the ticket if all goes well.

I really DO appreciate you guys.

Thank you.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Hello,

Has there been any more issues since?

myblackf15049

Reaction score

Hello Hellsheep. It seems to be OK again. :)

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.