socialnu2

Reaction score
Which one do you think is better?
Which one do you use?
Which one has the best features?
Which one has the best visual?
Which one has the best performance?

These are all things i want to know.

Personally i find that Firefox is simply classes above Internet Explorer, when you think about it, its more customizable, better visually, better performance for me and has many add ons.
Its simply no1.
However you do have your chance to disagree.
And we can simply agree to disagree.
;)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I find Firefox to be a lot better than Internet Explorer, despite some small, minor bugs in FF3. I run Firefox 3 on Windows Vista. Firefox has the best features, and while it may be just a browser at first, it has a huge library of add-ons, with some popular stuff such as adblock which I love.

The best visual, I'd have to say IE mainly because it ties into Aero a lot better than Firefox does out of the box, but I do know that there is a theme/setting for Firefox out there that will make it take on the Aero glass effect that IE can do.

For performance, I'd say Firefox. Firefox 2 used to be slower, but Firefoc 3 for sure is much more improved from Firefox 2 at the rendering speeds. It didn't make a change from 2 to 3 on my gaming computer, but on my older machines, I could see a difference. Also, unlike IE which seems to like to choke over large animated GIF images, Firefox handles them without a problem and actually plays GIFs faster.

scorch94

Reaction score
I'd go for Firefox. It's not I hate all IEs, I hate IE6. It's simply a night mare for web designers. IE7 and I suppose 8 too (haven't tested) works much nicer than IE6 so I kinda like it. But Firefox all the way for, since it's got more features, and it's more customizable.

Wizet

Reaction score
Well from my POV I think firefox is better because of these reasons:

1. I.E doesn't work on some sites or either make the website sloppy from what the original source is.
2. Firefox is more efficient and faster than I.e because of all the toolbars that you can download to make life more easier.
3. From firefox 3.0 you can just type the name of the company or the title and you will get your website in the address bar in no time.

MadameSkylark

Reaction score
Part of me really likes actually being able to used tabbed browsing with out IE having a heart attack, so 1 point to firefox.

But IE never made the background of all my pages hot pink...so 1 point to IE.

IE also didn't try to remember every scrap of information ever typed in to it...so another point for IE.

BUT firefox is faster...so 1 point for firefox.

It's a tie.

socialnu2

Reaction score
Part of me really likes actually being able to used tabbed browsing with out IE having a heart attack, so 1 point to firefox.

But IE never made the background of all my pages hot pink...so 1 point to IE.

IE also didn't try to remember every scrap of information ever typed in to it...so another point for IE.

BUT firefox is faster...so 1 point for firefox.

It's a tie.

Just remember you can always disable certain features like cacheing text input.

Also, how did it make your page's hot pink?

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I think Firefox is better overall. Microsoft has gotten much better with IE 7 & 8, but they still don't follow a lot of HTML standards (messing up page displays), they are so integrated into the OS that they can make the whole system unstable if something goes wrong, they don't autosave data, and they don't have a lot of little features I'm used to, like simple drag and drop support. Plus, I love all the plugins the Firefox has, including IE tabs.

MadameSkylark

Reaction score
Just remember you can always disable certain features like cacheing text input.

Also, how did it make your page's hot pink?

I have no idea, but when I downloaded it, my pages all be came hot pink while they were loading.

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
Firefox is better.
I use opera.
Firefox has the best features out of any browser, all of those add ons are amazing.
I like opera's visuals better but, firefox's visuals are better than internet explorer, possibly I've used it to much but it just seems lame.
Firefox is better against viruses, is more compatible with sites and is somehow quicker for me than internet explorer.

jazzencat

Reaction score
I use Opera and Maxthon 1 (IE) Sometimes Opera does not render or load web-pages as it should, so for those instances I have Maxthon.

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
I use Opera and Maxthon 1 (IE) Sometimes Opera does not render or load web-pages as it should, so for those instances I have Maxthon.

Yeah I haven't heard of Maxthon but I can tell what you mean. That's the only thing that annoys me from opera and resorts me to using IE SOMETIMES just for the pages that act stupid. Besides that I think that Opera>Firefox>IE.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I am an FF3 unconditional partly because it's free, not integrated in the OS and that it's customizable.
I started by adding things like firebug, foxytune, fireshot, gspace, AIOS, and now, I can't stop using FF3. However I still use IE to test my layouts.

MadameSkylark

Reaction score
"better" is such an arbitrary statement. Neither of them is better or worse, they do what they are designed to do just fine. The fact that one works better for something than the other makes it better in that area.

gtdg6

Reaction score
Which one do you use?

Well, I use neither primarily, and often am forced to use both (for testing, et al). My primary choice is either a text-based browser like w3m, or one of the lighter gecko-based browsers.

Feature-wise, you'll find good comparisons here and here. I found the lack of PNG alpha support in IE6 striking, and memory issues of FF2 a bit bothersome. Other than that, the extensibility of FF - and for the longest time - the tabbed browsing feature - were the most notable things that IE did not have - at least, these two things stand out in my memory.

The "visual" aspect is a matter of taste, but I'd say the skins clinch it in favor of FF. You can even make it look like IE! :D

Finally, performance - standard benchmarking seems to reveal that the odds are in FF's favor, but I am not up to date, so a google search would certainly give you a more accurate answer!

jazzencat

Reaction score
Which one do you use?
I use Opera and Maxthon (uses the triton engine). It has some useful extra features: integration of proxy and a customisable interface and layout. Maxthon is based in China.
I wouldn't know, I just generally use them for browsing. Opera has a smaller system foot-print than Firefox, but it doesn't always render pages properly. Using Maxthon generally takes care of that issue.
I like the visual look of Opera the best, though both Firefox and Maxthon have some nice themes you can download. I used the purple cat theme in firefox for a while.
I have found that usually Opera loads about the fastest, though there are times when it's downright sluggish. Maxthon is reasonably fast as well, and because it is an add-on that depends on all the integrated stuff in Windows from Explorer, it's system foot-print is quite low. The ability to customise my key bindings and menus via XML files is extremely handy. Usually I have to resort to Firefox when running Linux, with Opera as an alternate. I have, on occasion, succeeded in getting IE to run under emulation, and I have not tested whether Maxthon will run under emulation.

Another IE clone besides the two versions of Maxthon (depending on the feature set you want and your system resources, you can choose maxthon 1 or 2) is Avantbrowser. It's another redone interface that takes advantage of the integrated explorer features in Windows and improves the interface of IE and plugs some holes that are present in IE. Smaller RAM requirements than IE as well. So I tend to use Maxthon or Avantbrowser when I need the triton rendering capability and otherwise Opera and sometimes a basic Mozilla-based browser, usually Kmeleon (a stripped down version of firefox, it uses the Gecko engine but it's small and fast.)

[Extended answer written because I managed to procure myself a warning about one-liners in Crossfire... ;-)]

masteraa

Reaction score
Which one do you use? Ie8 beta
Which one has the best features? Firefox
Which one has the best visual? Ie7
Which one has the best performance? Ie7

These are all things i want to know.

;)

I use ie7 out of pure simplicity, I like the ui, I like how there are very few buttons, and the ui is extremly clean. I know firefox has the ability to look like ie7. Firefox has many many add ons anf features, i like that. Why i also choose nto to use firefox though is because it takes longer to start up. Ive noticed this on many computers. If firefox made some kind of speed launcher, Id be there. Ie7 though does not work all the time, when i find a site that is like that i switch to firefox.

T

themasterrocker

Which one do you think is better? Firefox 3 because it´s the most avanced internet browser
Which one do you use? Firefox 3
Which one has the best features? Firefox 3 because it is the most up 2 date in technology and security Also it has many addons for you´re use as long as u download them
Which one has the best visual? Well, depends you can download Firefox 3 skins which can make you´re firefox look really good or really bad
Which one has the best performance? Firefox because it loads really fast to be honest and its really easy to use

DragonMaster

Reaction score
I use Firefox 3, simply because it doesn't have ActiveX, it has a lot of useful add-ons, data is easier to backup, it's interoperable between different OSes, it's faster and the interface is a bit simpler (Bookmarks, for example, but maybe that's because I pretty much always used Netscape over IE. The interface didn't really change until Firefox 3, if you don't count the new features.)