Internet Security War is Coming...

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
There is a new type of war that is emerging... A war that can interrupt vital infrastructure, leave 70% of US without power for months and leave a jet pilot unable to trust his radar. Chinese hackers have been confirmed to have stolen terabytes of information directly from the pentagon's network and sold it to their government. Although the most sensitive information was kept offline, logs have showed over 10,000 attacks launched at secure US systems. The Chinese government is overcompensating for underdeveloped military, and the US is found at the midst of a cold war.:rant2:

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
lol. if they couldn't keep the info safe enough, it couldn't of been too important. don't lose sleep over it. :biggrin:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
It was a project that was this and next years budget for the pentagon. It is very important that we fix whatever security breaches our government has so one day in world war 3, power, traffic and governmental systems will not be compromised. But I am not losing sleep over it, just a bit pissed =/

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The thing I find funny is, and this has been discussed elsewhere, how would no one notice several TERABYTES of data being downloaded from mission critical machines? Second, if the Pentagon has their Mission Critical machines networked, what the heck are they doing on the internet? Really, unless someone got a physical copy of the backup medium or what not, there's no way anyone could have not noticed a multi-terabyte data dump. This upsets me as well as the fact that the government needs to hire hackers to secure their stuff!

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it gets more complicated than just negligence. It was probably a worm that sent small, encrypted packets out to so many different locations that it was not noticed until just recently. Obama is likely to created a department to handle cyber-security, and won't have to operate under the table.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
everything will always get hacked sometime, no matter how safe it is. That say, if the data is stored online

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think pentagon needs more money for something they are not happy announcing to public and they need some excuse to get that extra money. I don't believe that something like that is possible.

leave 70% of US without power for months and leave a jet pilot unable to trust his radar.

Please tell me you don't believe that. That's just ... :lol:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I think pentagon needs more money for something they are not happy announcing to public and they need some excuse to get that extra money. I don't believe that something like that is possible.

Please tell me you don't believe that. That's just ... :lol:
I know it is possible, because power stations are hooked up to a computer network, but not likely. I am not naive, or a republican for that matter (jk lol), but I do believe what is going on because it is only logical that computers would open up a new type of warfare, and a communist country is most likely the one to try this.

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Why are people in US always talking about war(s)? Are you that much paranoid or what? I just don't understand. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Why are people in US always talking about war(s)? Are you that much paranoid or what? I just don't understand. :dunno::dunno::dunno:
That is extremely offensive, and if you even cared to read the article, shows that there has been more than 10,000 attacks coming from China. I am not advocating war, but connect the dots smart one ;)

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
OK man don't get so offensive. I just don't like how people use word war all the time, that's all.

... shows that there has been more than 10,000 attacks coming from China

I don't believe everything I read or hear :biggrin: I even don't believe everything I see. Wait ... I'm confused now :dunno: Who am I? ... AAAAAAAAAA it's all falling apart AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

LOL!

Chill out people. Why are all of you getting so offensive these days. I wasn't that mean :dunno: You have to understand that I'm never completely serious when posting on serious threads here cos this is not a place for serious discussions. This is a free host forum for gods sake.

config

Reaction score
this is true that attacks came from china., one example is the code red virus. :lockd:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A lot of hacking comes from china actually, but that maybe is because of the large population. Say if 1 of 10 is a hacker, then china would have more hackers than the US.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Last I heard, aeroplane radar's aren't all networked to the 'net (or even an intranet). Nor is there a way of plugging a USB thumb-drive in with malware on it. If someone managed to take out the GPS satellites then sure, they'd be without GPS. Sounds like FUD to me. Like how the PS3's 'Cell' processor was going to take over the world, or whatever.