Is Candy Floss man's greatest achievement?

frankfriend

Reaction score
OK, so you have thius pile of sugar, some` colouring, and a way of making a drum spin hot, and a pile of sticks.
And you invent candy floss.
Now this is a hot favorite everywhere, and still survives even though the Coney Island funfairs have fallen out of massive popularity.

Put a candy floss stand on a street corner, and you'll sell it - providing it isn't raining.
So it makes people happy, and sticky, and reminds them of happy days.

So what's better?

frankfriend

Reaction score
Never heard of candy floss!!!!!!

Has the world come to an end???

What of bullseyes, gobstoppers, sherbet fountains???

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Candy Floss == Cotton Candy.

I've never heard of it as Candy Floss before...

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Candy floss would make your teeth rot. Oxymoron right?? =)

Last edited:

jbdesign

Reaction score
I've called it candy floss as well as cotton candy.

Yeah doesn't matter where you are or how the world is treating you, candy floss sells and makes you feel happy. Just thinking of it makes me happy. :lol: Dangit now I want some!

zen-r

Reaction score
At the New Year's Eve 1999/2000 private party I went to, we had a hired candy floss machine.

So I got the chance to not only eat candy floss, but also make it for other people. Felt like I was at a fairground!

Life could only go downhill after that ;)

P.S. I wonder if, instead of sugar, it could be done with salt? Maybe with a little chilli pepper added? It might make a nice savoury snack with beer for some people..... or a nasty surprise for the little girl with pink ribbons :naughty:

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.

Last edited:

frankfriend

Reaction score
You are right livewire, another example of the difference between US English, and English English!

zen-r - you may be on the brink of a great commercial discovery - could solve the credit crunch.

and Twinkie, great idea, flossing with candy.

zen-r

Reaction score
....and Twinkie, great idea, flossing with candy.

Even better idea, to floss with my new Salty Floss™.

Not only would it remove all the food & germs, but also no further cleaning would be required because afterwards you would feel too ill to eat anything for several days.

..... could solve the credit crunch......

Hmmmm......Credit Crunch. That's sounds like a good name for a new snack bar.

Keep em' comin', we could make our first million before the week is through!

reputation.gif

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.

Last edited:

scocou10

Reaction score
My wife gave me a cotton candy machine for Christmas one year. It's great. The kids love it. I honestly can't remember any of the other gifts I received that year. Cotton candy, elephant ears and waffle cones are the only reason I go to a county fair.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't understand you. I got tired of cotton candy when I was 9. I don't see how can that be so much fun for a 20 year old man :dunno: I said man cos girls like everything that's sweet and sticky :lol:

Put a candy floss stand on a street corner, and you'll sell it...
You're right about that.

frankfriend

Reaction score
Well, its sugary, full of hot air, casts you back to your happy times in childhood, doesn't cost much, and makes people smile. What's not to like.

zen-r

Reaction score
.....I said man cos girls like everything that's sweet and sticky :lol:......

Even more reason to like candy floss; get candy floss, get the girls! :biggrin:

:cool: Buy new Salty Floss™. Because you know you want to. :cool:

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hey,
Time for SuperFloss, its sugar free, salt free, cholesterol free, but it is not fun free. SuperFloss can be whatever you want. You can eat it, mould it into art objects, fuel your car with it.

zen-r

Reaction score
Buy new Salty Floss™. Scientifically proven to be at least 35% better than SuperFloss.

frankfriend

Reaction score
Superfloss has been approved by the Gastronomy All Star Programme which is of course approved by the White House [that's the one on Railway Cuttings, Cheam]. It has been awarded the London And Suburbs Tribute scroll at the 2009 Sunshine Astroturf Laying On Oregon Lovefestival.

Remember Superfloss and the LAST GASP SALOON awards!

35% better that Superfloss - there's no such possibility.

It isn't trademarked but it will soon be Opensource.

zen-r

Reaction score
Hmmm...time for a smear campaign?

I heard that someone in London recently ate Superdross & then spontaneously combusted. I also heard from a friend that the Gastronomy All Star Programme was a fix because the judges had all been bribed with sherbet dips.

Superfloss will soon be opensource.......because it's not good enough to sell.
New Salty Floss™........prices now going up!

New Salty Floss™ was rumoured last week to have saved 3 small children from dying horribly in a house fire. Apparently they threw the Salty Floss™ out of a 3rd floor window, then jumped out after, landing on it like a lovely, fluffy crash mat. Either that, or they held the Salty Floss™ above their heads like parachutes as they jumped, & descended to earth at a gentle, leisurely pace.

Scientists are currently researching the theory that new Salty Floss™ may in fact be the cure for all known forms of cancer.

:cool: Buy new Salty Floss™ today. Still at least 35% better than SuperFloss, but now with added vitamins. :cool:

reputation.gif

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Last edited:

dhruv227

Reaction score
I love candy floss. There's a man everyday selling candy floss for only rs. 5 outside my school after home time, i always buy one.

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hey zen-r,

Sorry to break the bad news [not] but Superfloss has just been awarded the Prix Goncourt for supreme creativity, and 5 Michelin Stars, thus displacing Poire Helene from the top spot.

That was a cheep shot about Open Source, as the chicken remarked to the fox.