Is Safari better then all other browsers?

hamsn

Reaction score
speed, optimisation and performance is excellent
except its bugs which appear on use on windows platform

on mac its just perfect

kkenny

Reaction score
I guess it depends on your point of view, if you really like how Safari is designed then it will be the best browser for you, if you don't like it then maybe Firefox or another browser will be. There is not one best browser, it's all on preference. But there is a popular opinion.

jcpartanddesign

Reaction score
Firefox 3 blows away the competition easily. The ability to add addons to it is what really got me hooked. It is so much more customizable than any of the other browsers as well.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-9898818-12.html?tag=bubbl_2

I suggest everyone read that to compare FF and Safari.

All that matters is FF3 should blow everyone away!

That comparison is about a beta version of FF3. Firefox is a better browser, simply because it is the most customizable. Any feature that another browser has that Firefox has not hard-coded into it's system can be added on. FF is open source so there is a whole community of developers suggesting features and reporting security flaws. I many ways, FF also has more features. Take this recent comparison from TopTenReviews. The only issues with Firefox is that it is known to be a memory hog with all those features, but after the initial loading time pages still load faster than any other browser.

Last edited:

homer693

Reaction score
Safari is pretty fast, but Firefox is more customizable and secure, Safari 4 is too much like chrome, I used to like safari 3 because it looked more like apple not Google chrome,

kieran5676

Reaction score
My personal opinion (Which I think a lot of people share) is twofold:

a. Firefox is the BEST
b. All other browsers have no use (except for downloading firefox :p)

(But I tried Safari, must admit it's fast, but looks (*Thinks of a word*). No actually, I can't think of a word to describe it. It looks like Google Chrome merged with iTunes...)

That's my (un)valued opinion :)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Enough with the FF sh*t PLEAS! This thread is about Safari.

There's Safari 4 Beta out now that passed Acid 3 test with maximum 100 points. I saw new futures (I didn't tested it cos I don't have time right know) and it looks promising.

I was newer fan of Safari and honestly I don't know why. It just didn't caught my attention. I have it installed (cos I'm a web designer) but apart from testing my work I don't really use it.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not dead know :)

Anyway maybe he wanted to discus this new Safari 4 Beta.

peterhsieh

Reaction score
I love seeing this question appear on every forum I go to xD..

Anyways,, on topic.
I currently use Safari, and although I am a Mac fan, I'll speak my truth.
I can say that Safari is not the best... funnily enough no browser that exist would meet my standards of the "Best" browses, and this is because every browser has its key features. If you like a key feature of one, and of another.. and put them into one browser, you'll eventually notice that there is just too much to handle. (TOO CROWDED)

Here are my views on the browsers which I have experienced with:
Opera- A great browser, speed is astonishing. Views most websites correctly. <-- I like this one

Safari - Another great browser, speed is just as good in this one, sometimes better. Design is another thing (but some people don't care, but that okay ^_^), user friendly.. simplistic

IE8 - I find that this browser does its job as a browser should. Unfortunately it does have some weird thing about displaying what I want when designing a website. Can be very slow at times.. and It doesnt tell you what its doing xD...just freezes then not responding xD.. PLEASE FIX IT MICROSOFT.. PLEASE..

FF3 - Oh I just love reviewing this fella... Well my experiences with FF3 were not to bad. I must say that did prefer FF2, ran somewhat more smoother. I remeber there use to be a reputation that this browser was simply the best.. nothing better.. but I personally think.. this is slowly changing. I find that Its start up times is not meeting the average standards of most browsers. Worse when you put a bunch of those things called extentions.. There are quite a few great extentions but about 90% are just not great for such a browser. I use to use it alot.. but now.. it just seem a little too slow.

Thank you for reading my review and debate on this, Have a GREAT EASTER ^-^
Peter

anish177

Reaction score
Safari may be fast and super for some websites. But in my experience i came to know that Safari is not supported by some websites.
Internet Explorer May be supported by almost all websites. but it is the gateway for viruses, spammers and hackers to your personal data.
In my view Firefox is the best and still it is shown by the enormous number of users using it world.

intertec

Reaction score
Firefox 3 is just the best and I even have a Mac and Safari is nothing compared to Firefox.

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hey,
Great idea getting this thread going. In my dark cave the light of the news that Safari is available for windows had not been noticed before. I'll certainly try it out. Thanks for the very detailed info that's been put in here.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
I wouldnt say it is the best, as I said in another post, I prefer Firefox.
But everyone has their own opinion in things.
So... I'd have to say no.

avester

Reaction score
chrome 4sho brahhh

only browser that doesn't suck all resources up.

ashhhevil

Reaction score
Safari doesn't have the close button on all tabs and Opera's too fast. so I'm sticking with Firefox.

And also because of the addons. :D and it has an awesome portable version.

EDIT: And Chrome has a big ugly font size on the address bar.

Last edited: