Issue with logging in on my MyBB forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
I just registered a domain name on http://netfirms.com about an hour ago, and I set up with the ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com name servers. The original link was http://undeadoralive.x10.mx ... and the new link is http://uora.net
The new link WAS showing the main site index perfectly fine right after I registered it, but now when I try entering the link, it keeps coming up with the 'Oops! Google Chrome could not find uora.net' page. I forwarded the http://uora.net link to the http://undeadoralive.x10.mx link, and I also masked the link.

Do I have to wait a little bit longer until the site fully sets up, or what?

Thanks!

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
A whois search doesn't show any nameserver information so I don't know if that's set up correctly or not. You also haven't placed that domain as main, addon, or parked domain so nameservers won't work with your domain until you do so. I think you've taken such security measures to hide your information that you've completely hidden your domain url so it won't work at all. How about you trust your domain registrar's current privacy protection (that hides your personal info in a whois search) and then place your new domain name as a parked domain or main domain. That way, it'll be easier to for to get your new url to work.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Well OpenDNS is showing the nameservers are right but that might be cached from if it was set before and isn't now; it's also kicking back no records here which means it's not set properly here again.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Sorry about the privacy settings. I've disabled them.

Also, when I edited the name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, there was a message that came up saying something like 'The changes to the name servers may take up to 24 - 48 hours.' I set the name servers up just a couple of hours ago. If the name servers haven't set up 100%, could that be the reason why the page won't show up?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's in parked/addon domains on your x10hosting account, or if it's the main domain, then the nameserver propagations the only thing left.

Nameserver propagation is the long-version of "not all DNS providers know that your domain is now pointing somewhere else." There's other problems here though cause OpenDNS is showing problems at the nameservers, and the problem is that neither ns1.x10hosting.com or ns2.x10hosting.com have any records for that domain:
* ns1.x10hosting.com returned (NORECORDS)
* ns2.x10hosting.com returned (NORECORDS)

That means it's not set up on our end and that needs to get done before it'll work. Either change the main-domain, or used parked/addon domains in cpanel to get it set so the nameservers know that site should actually exist here.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I see an index of / page when I go there. Are there anymore problems that need addressing?

Last edited:

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Well, how do I get the forum to show up instead of the 'index of /' page?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok, you said that you parked it, but you didn't. Instead you placed it as addon domain, it created a subdomain, and that's the index of / page that we're seeing. Try removing it from addon domains and then actually put it in parked domains and make sure that you point it to the root of your account.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
All I see is a default webpage. That's to be expected. Give it a few hours and make sure that you empty your browser's cache and flush your computer's dns when you check it. When the domain name change syncs up with everything, there shouldn't be anymore problems. Even the problem that you just said about the x10.mx link showing in the address bar instead of the .net domain should be resolved by then.

Last edited:

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Yeah, it's coming up with a 'Default Web Site Page' page for me as well. I'll give it a break for tonight and wake up in the morning to see if it's fixed.
Thanks a bunch. :)

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Good morning. :)
Well, I went to http://uora.net and now the it is coming up with a 'Oops! Google Chrome could not find uora.net' page again.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The domain doesn't appear to be added to your account in cPanel at this time.

Do you want it to show the same content as your main domain; undeadoralive.x10.mx ?

epsonrok85

Reaction score
I want it to display the same content as the x10.mx subdomain, but I just want all undeadoralive.x10.mx links on the site to be changed to uora.net.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The domain now shows the same content.

That last part, getting all links changed, is something you need to do. Likely by changing a setting in mybb, or if you have custom code in the templates, change every occurrence there.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Well, I got this PHP script, but I have no idea where to put it:
UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `message` = REPLACE(message, 'undeadoralive.x10.mx', 'uora.net') WHERE `message` LIKE '%undeadoralive.x10.mx%';

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That would be done in phpMyAdmin, it is a sql statement.

Open up phpMyAdmin, in the left hand menu click on the database which contains the mybb data. On the next page, click the tab that says SQL, second from the left, in the right hand pane. Paste that into the text area and hit "run".

To play it safe, you should back the database up first though, can be done through the export tab

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Alright, I did it, and it came up with this message: '1 row(s) affected. ( Query took 0.0017 sec )'. But it didn't seem to work... I tried logging in, and it wouldn't leave me logged in. Also, the links didn't seem to change.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
there would likely be a table called config, setting or similar, in which you should be able to find a row containing domain information.

I'm not a user of myBB, so can't tell you the exact name of neither table nor the actual setting (row).

The code you had would simply change any occurrances inside the table mybb_post (which judging by the name contains the actual forum posts)

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Oh, okay, I getcha. Thanks.
For some reason, the cPanel page doesn't load, so I'll have to try to edit something like forum_index to make the navigation links work as well. Also, the forum isn't loading at the moment either. Is http://undeadoralive.x10.mx loading for you right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.